Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pepper

Dec 9, 2005
Sunny Etobicoke
Not to make this worse but it was 87 points :laugh:

Only THREE players with 82 points or more that season

Only eight players hit that mark last season....albeit a shortened one, no doubt.

Also, say what you want about the Art Ross winner that year, but the race we saw on that last day likely won't be equaled for quite some time.

Benn won that year's Art Ross with eight seconds left in his final game of the season.

I'd much rather see that, than have the scoring race already decided like a month before the season ends.

That said, I also hope (and think) McDavid hits 100 this year.

Reactions: eli4spetterss0n

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Only eight players hit that mark last season.

Also, say what you want about the Art Ross winner that year, but the race we saw on that last day likely won't be equaled for quite some time.

Benn won that year's Art Ross with eight seconds left in his final game of the season.

I'd much rather see that, than have the scoring race already decided like a month before the season ends.

That said, I also hope (and think) McDavid hits 100 this year.
That was a wild day.

Barrie22

Shark fan in hiding
Aug 11, 2009
ontario
At his current season pace of 1.71 points per game he would finish with 98 points. Still a crazy amount of points to think about when the season started.

For reference over a full 82 game season that would be 140 point season. Which would place him at the 25th best season point wise in nhl history. And only the 10th player to ever reach 140 or more points in a season.

Habsfunk

Jan 11, 2003
BC
Visit site
Gretzky has the record with 100 points in 34 games.

But he didn't backcheck, so I'd take Toews over him.

I hope McDavid reaches 100. He's been the best player in the league for a few years, but a few others were in the conversation. This season it's not even debatable. He is putting up a historic season and as a hockey fan, it's great to watch his highlights. His explosiveness is on another level.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
I think it would be great if he did, but even if he doesn't, it is still an amazing season.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
Kucherov hit 100 points in 62 games.
Mario did it in 61 games back in 97.

Gretzky has the record with 100 points in 34 games.

Yeah but that's completely irrelevant to the NHL today. Lemieux in 1997 atleast put that up in a lower scoring environment than today when the league had evolved defensively and goalies didn't look helpless.

11Messier

Jul 3, 2010
Edmonton
If he and his teammates didn't keep missing empty net goals when the opposition pulls their goalies, he would almost be there already. It's going to be close. It all depends how bad he wants it. There is a trade off putting that much energy and risk going for 100 and getting your body ready for the playoffs. My guess is he will start to coast at around 5 games remaining so if he is around 95 points with 5 games left, he will go for it, if not, he's just going to let it go and what ever happens, happens.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
16 in 9, very doable.

Again, still waiting for another huge 5-6 point game from him. He’s within striking distance boys.

Reactions: asdlkj

Mr Positive

Cap Crunch Incoming
Nov 20, 2013
Connor wants to get to 100 as quickly as possible so the coach doesn't feel bad for resting him in the last couple games

Reactions: CycloneSweep
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad