Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Panther

Mar 25, 2014
Tokyo, Japan
Typically classy quote from Gretzky:

“What he’s doing,” Gretzky warned, “I hope all the fans in Edmonton are really enjoying, really appreciating, watching this player. I hope people just sit back and realize that is really unique. Something we may never see again. He does things that I have never seen any other player ever do."

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
With the way the Canucks look right now I fully expect Mcdavid to put up 20 points in the 5 games they play.

Reactions: karnige

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
Connor McDavid is on pace for 100 points

I say he does it

- James Mirtle

James Mirtle pfft
I knew this was going to happen way back in January lol

I'll say McDavid not only runs away with the Art Ross gets 100+ points doing it. Penguins and Flyers will have a first round playoff series. And a team everyone left for dead will finish on a 15-2-2 tear to end the season and just narrowly make the playoffs.:dunno:

But I was way wrong about the Flyers and a team roaring back into the playoff picture:)

Snipes45

May 26, 2020
Edmonton
Yeah. Well he is having a great season for sure. That said I want to see if he can actually win a rocket in a full season. lol.
This entire year is an asterisk, but I do know McDavid would be at this pace anyways against all the other teams. Maybe a tad less.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
This entire year is an asterisk, but I do know McDavid would be at this pace anyways against all the other teams. Maybe a tad less.

McDavid has proven it in full seasons already. I'm sure there aren't many doubters left outside the standard, "I hate EDM so I hate McDavid" stuff. But they don't count. lol

DrDangles

Mar 1, 2013
McDavid has proven it in full seasons already. I'm sure there aren't many doubters left outside the standard, "I hate EDM so I hate McDavid" stuff. But they don't count. lol

What was he pacing last season? 120ish? And this season? 150ish? He’s never really scored at a pace like this before.

This season is the outlier thus far. I mean, he’s only traveling between BC and Quebec for 2 or 3 game series against 6 teams, only 2 of which I’d consider safe bets as playoff teams. One of the hardest parts about producing in the NHL is the scheduling, travel, and the 82 game grind. Couple all that with being an all star that is targeted every game and it’s the most brutal pro league to play in.

I’ll happily eat crow on this one if he can prove people like me wrong. As far as entertainment value goes he’s right up there with Bure and peak Ovi for me, probably already in my top 10 favourite players. But until he does this during a normal season, I’m not convinced this is the norm for him.

UpHere

Feelin' it
Jun 16, 2009
What was he pacing last season? 120ish? And this season? 150ish? He’s never really scored at a pace like this before.

This season is the outlier thus far. I mean, he’s only traveling between BC and Quebec for 2 or 3 game series against 6 teams, only 2 of which I’d consider safe bets as playoff teams. One of the hardest parts about producing in the NHL is the scheduling, travel, and the 82 game grind. Couple all that with being an all star that is targeted every game and it’s the most brutal pro league to play in.

I’ll happily eat crow on this one if he can prove people like me wrong. As far as entertainment value goes he’s right up there with Bure and peak Ovi for me, probably already in my top 10 favourite players. But until he does this during a normal season, I’m not convinced this is the norm for him.

isn't that several time zones travelled repeatedly? does any other division have to do that?

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017

Just think. If a guy is scoring at 120 point pace at age 21/22 etc. What do you think he's going to do at 23 24 25....26 etc.

Soundwave

Mar 1, 2007

He was pacing for 124 points last year BUT he was coming off a major, major injury where he didn't get to skate normally for basically the entire off-season.

It's also not uncommon for players to take a massive step forward around age 24/25.

Leon Draisaitl went from a 77 point player to a 100+ point player to 120+ point player. MacKinnon went from back to back 52/53 point seasons to 97/99 points. Kucherov went from a 65 point ish guy to 85 points to 100 points then 128 points.

People were kidding themselves if they thought McDavid didn't have another gear to hit.

The other thing that's not being factored in is this is the first time McDavid or Draisaitl have really had offensive producing D to join them. Barrie and Nurse are both top 10 in D scoring, every one of the other scorers has always had the luxury of a 50-60+ point D, Reilly in Toronto, Hedman in Tampa, Letang in Pittsburgh, etc. etc. It makes it a lot freaking easier to score when your D is actually a threat and can move the puck out of the zone more quickly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad