Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
And had all of 2 apples in the 6 games prior to that ?

Danault is Connies Daddy
Enjoy the next 10 years of mediocrity with no prospects no starting goalie and a 40 year old untradeable Weber. You can hang your hat on those few games that Mcdavid got shut down in a meaningless game during Covid. I am sure history will remember the name Danault.

HotPie

Dec 3, 2007
Enjoy the next 10 years of mediocrity with no prospects no starting goalie and a 40 year old untradeable Weber. You can hang your hat on those few games that Mcdavid got shut down in a meaningless game during Covid. I am sure history will remember the name Danault.

Imagine having the best player in the world, and still being a mediocre team.

Paperbagofglory

Nov 15, 2010
The Oilers have a number 1 defensman. A top prospect d man. 2 top 6 centres that are both mvps. Their young drafted defense are 25 or under. Their forward draft picks are leading the AHL in scoring and they have a top college prospect locked up for the next 3 years. The Oilers are missing bottom 6 depth and a starting goalie. Tell me again how close the habs are to being less garbage for the next 5 seasons? The Oilers are tops in the league for regulation wins the last 2 seasons. Dont get cocky with your 9 loser points. If the Oilers are garbage what does that make a team that still has not clinched a playoff spot with 10 games remaining? Enjoy getting rolled by Ottawa.

McFlash97

Oct 10, 2017
If VAN throws in the towel on their season before the Oilers upcoming 4-game series with them, I can see McD getting OVER 100 points.

Vancouver doesn't need to throw in the towel if 97 is within striking distance, there is no defense..no team in the world that could stop him. McDavid in God mode status is one of histories most frightening players.

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
He’s due for one more monster 5 or 6 point game which definitely makes it more manageable if he’s able to do so.

I wonder how hockey locker rooms work, like if in the final game he’s stuck at 98 points up 3-1 going into the third do you think Tippett rest him? If so does he ask to go out?

chauron

Jan 5, 2014
It's perfectly normal, after all he's just one person in a team of 4 lines and 11 other forwards. That's why you have to diversify and try to find talent around him. In soccer, FC Barcelona has Messi but also a lot of others that complement him (having no salary cap helps).

Reactions: RattsSSV

nucksflailtogether

Oct 15, 2017
When you have that many more points than everyone else, you could say he's got the market cornered on all things points related. He also leads the league in that garbage-time statistic known as game winning goals, and is second in game winning points. A real garbage man indeed.

I absolutely despise the fact that the Oilers got him but I don't understand weird jealousy posts like that. So pointless. Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose, lets suck it up people. He is the greatest of our generation and its not even close. Obviously that is not all due to garbage points.

orby

Jun 16, 2013
Erie, PA
www.youtube.com
Breaking 90 would be impressive enough. I know the North is a weak division for defense and goaltending but McDavid's point totals are just absolutely insane this season.

t0nedeff

Jun 29, 2010
Breaking 90 would be impressive enough. I know the North is a weak division for defense and goaltending but McDavid's point totals are just absolutely insane this season.
It's hilarious because one division has New Jersey/Buffalo in it the bottom 2 teams in the league but somehow the North is the weak division.

cupface52

Jan 12, 2008
Burlington, On
I don't think many understand how dominant mcdavid is this year. No one's had a more dominant year relative to peers other than Gretzky, Lemieux, and Orr. Yzerman is also debatable when he was 3rd in scoring with 155 behind the big 2, but 4th place had 150.

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
well hes at 81 points and still another period left, he has 4 points tonight ... 10 games left and 19 points needed

It doesn't matter who your team is, everyone should be routing for him to accomplish this.

Simply amazing, 100 points in 56 games. Hopefully he does it. Would be a fun stat to pull out 15 years from now

Reactions: Leksand

Akrapovince

May 19, 2017
McDavid is basically an automatic 1+1 a night player, and sprinkle in a 3-4 point night to make up for the handful of games he doesn’t score a point.

Zerotonine

Apr 23, 2017
It's hilarious because one division has New Jersey/Buffalo in it the bottom 2 teams in the league but somehow the North is the weak division.

Don't forget thev west cost Cali teams who are atrocious and the 3 of them alone are bottom 6 in hole league hahahah , but your right tye north is weak hahahahah

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad