Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

East Coast Icestyle

Mar 6, 2015
Nova Scotia, Canada
He did seemingly go through a mini slump (by his standards) and has 6 points in his last 2 games, so presumably a hot streak is coming. Sky is the limit, think we will see him doing a lot of the impossible for years.

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
With another 3 tonight. McDavid needs 23 points in his last 11 games.

100 is now visible. Can McDavid pull this off ?

Barring any missed games he should be good for a point per game in those final 11 hitting around 90ish. It's just a matter of the rest. It would be insane if he does though. Imagine exactly 100 points in 56 games. Ridiculous. lol. I don't see it happening but I won't be surprised if he does.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Barring any missed games he should be good for a point per game in those final 11 hitting around 90ish. It's just a matter of the rest. It would be insane if he does though. Imagine exactly 100 points in 56 games. Ridiculous. lol. I don't see it happening but I won't be surprised if he does.

Man I would love to see it. I remember his sophomore year he really seemed driven to hit that 100 point mark and did it in game 82. At the same time, if the Oilers have their spot in the standings all locked up by the last few games, are we still going to see him get his 21-22 mins per game?

Scrantonicity 2

Not a Generational Poster
Mar 7, 2016
Yes. McDoodle is the master of garbage-time points. If the Oilers can manage some lopsided wins where they have him and Draisaitl out triple shifting in the last 5 minutes to "ice the game," I don't see why he can't hit 100.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
Yes. McDoodle is the master of garbage-time points. If the Oilers can manage some lopsided wins where they have him and Draisaitl out triple shifting in the last 5 minutes to "ice the game," I don't see why he can't hit 100.

When you have that many more points than everyone else, you could say he's got the market cornered on all things points related. He also leads the league in that garbage-time statistic known as game winning goals, and is second in game winning points. A real garbage man indeed.

Avs71

Aug 12, 2008
I think he does. He is going to need a bigger house for the amount of hardware he will be bringing home this summer.

Madap

May 24, 2019
Toronto, ON, Canada
That would be quite the treat to see. I hope he does it.

Would you guys consider it the best season we've seen this century, despite it only being 56 games? I think so.

Reactions: abo9

serp

Jan 17, 2016
Isn't it more likely the Oils will rest McDavid once they clinch a playoff spot ? No reason to randomly play him more minutes to have him get 100 points. Who honestly cares ?

Last edited:

Kuz

May 11, 2015
He had 23 points in 11 games from 6th of march to the 29th so that he can do it is definetely possible and jan 24th to feb 20th he had 30P in 14 games with a 2,14 ppg vs 2,09 that he needs to get 23 in 11. So he is definetely able to put up those numbers.

Reactions: DickSmehlik

Mulletman

Feb 23, 2013
It doesn't look good as 7 of the last 11 games are against Montreal and Vancouver, two teams McDavid has been average against this year. But the next two games are against Winnipeg and so far this season McDavid has had at least a multi point game every time he's played against Winnipeg. So expect McDavid to have anywere between 82-85 points after the next two games, as Winnipeg are weak against McDavid.

Cup or Bust

Oct 17, 2017
It might be close, but he will have to keep scoring just to get them their playoff spot first. The Oilers almost cannot win a game unless he gets at least 2 points.

Demandedace

Apr 9, 2015
As others have said, idk if the oilers are going to continue overplaying him now that the playoffs are imminent and they’re going to want to rest him for them since their placement is fairly locked in

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad