Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

King K Rool

Big Bad
Mar 5, 2020
Edmonton
If VAN throws in the towel on their season before the Oilers upcoming 4-game series with them, I can see McD getting OVER 100 points.

Rafafouille

May 12, 2015
QC
Given the teams he plays the rest of the way, he's got 46 points in 27 games against them. That's 1.70 points per game. Weight it by how many games he has against those teams, you're at 1.68 points per game.

Oh, and 6 of those 11 are on the road where he's 7-22-29 in 22 games this year.

He doesn't get to 100.

The future never changes, whatever happened in the past is guaranteed to happen again therefore the playoffs are canceled, the Lightning are cup champions for all history.

the_fan

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jul 25, 2006
If they play Ottawa 11 more times, he'll definitely hit 100

BudBundy

May 16, 2005
I think he’ll come up just short, but if you are a hockey fan it’s impossible to not be entertained by what he’s doing. He’s a joy to watch. Every time he steps on the ice, you almost expect something impressive to happen.

Yablo21

Jul 24, 2006
Beersbie
With another 3 tonight. McDavid needs 23 points in his last 11 games.

100 is now visible. Can McDavid pull this off ?

Hot take if the league didn't allow blatant obstruction he could score 2 pts per game, and would likely hit the highest points total since Lemieux.

Dust

Sponsor
Apr 20, 2016
And had all of 2 apples in the 6 games prior to that ?

Danault is Connies Daddy

He was just being a nice guy and giving Danault a little head start to make himself feel good :) He's like a father letting his son get a few easy baskets and now he's out there dunking on him.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
McDavid would benefit a ton more with interference actually called consistently against him VS the miniscule difference in goalie pad sizes.

Maybe. But I think the level of interference today isn't much different. There's fewer PPs, but teams are scoring on them at a higher rate. 5v5 scoring is similar. They might not call as much but the game in general is more wide open. I highly doubt McDavid's numbers are any different at the start of the lockout.

McRpro

Cont. without supporting.
Aug 18, 2006
Clown World
Maybe. But I think the level of interference today isn't much different. There's fewer PPs, but teams are scoring on them at a higher rate. 5v5 scoring is similar. They might not call as much but the game in general is more wide open. I highly doubt McDavid's numbers are any different at the start of the lockout.
I disagree but hey we all got our opinions. Cheers.

Reactions: Future GOAT

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
Goalie pads have also gotten smaller. League scoring is about the same today.

How are the scoring leaders, aka top-30 or so point getters comparing? 92-93 season is a good example of a year where all-around scoring levels are not entirely accurate relative to elite players.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015

One things for sure he would have a lot more head hunters back then and players trying to take his legs out at full speed. His numbers likely wouldn't change much in either era though.

Video Nasty

Mar 12, 2017
Really? Crosby had 95 points after 56 games as a 19 year old.

True, but it's worth noting that it was 59 team games. If Crosby's season ended after 56 games, he would have finished with 89 points (he had 7 in personal games 54, 55, and 56).

League wide scoring was comparable (fractionally lower this year so far), but there were way more power plays in 2006-2007 (which shows in Crosby's final results: 61 of his 120 points came from the PP versus only 28 of 77 for McDavid thus far).

If McDavid scores 95+ (maybe even "just" 90) and finishes 15 ahead of Drai and 20 ahead of the nearest non-teammate, I think it's slightly more impressive.

Comparable seasons either way and the argument can easily be made for one over the other.

NoName

Bringer of Playoffs!
Nov 3, 2017
I think he breaks 90 but not 100. Not in this shortened season and not now that defences are tighter now then they were at the start of the year.

Still, he is putting up the best scoring numbers on a per game basis that we have see two decades, so definitely a year to remember for him and the Oilers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->