Will McDavid reach 100 points?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Northern Avs Fan

May 27, 2019
I think he gets there, finishing right at 100 points.

He’s almost playing 23:00 minutes a night, which is a lot for a forward. I wonder if the Oilers bring that number back a bit, but he’s on fire right now, so I think I he’ll pull it off.

Reactions: ujju2

Hockeyholic

Apr 20, 2017
Condo My Dad Bought Me
What will the Oilers do if McDavid struggles in the postseason. Meaning, will Holland go all out this summer to ensure he's not exhausted at the end of next year? Better players = less extra pressure to always have to carry the team.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Isn't it more likely the Oils will rest McDavid once they clinch a playoff spot ? No reason to randomly play him more minutes to have him get 100 points. Who honestly cares ?

I doubt they will. 1st and 2nd in the division is still up for grabs.

serp

Jan 17, 2016
I doubt they will. 1st and 2nd in the division is still up for grabs.

Idk i really don't think he should be playing ( and Draisaitl ) 25 and more minutes in a regular season game once a playoff spot is clinched. Just seems like an unneccesary risk to the best players health

TheGreatOne11

Jun 29, 2009
Toronto
It would be an incredible stat to always go back to in debates for his career if he pulls this off, alas i don't think he does. 90-95 I'd say.

McShogun99

Aug 30, 2009
Edmonton
Idk i really don't think he should be playing ( and Draisaitl ) 25 and more minutes in a regular season game once a playoff spot is clinched. Just seems like an unneccesary risk to the best players health

I don't think it's necessary either but I'm sure both of them want to play as much as they can. Home ice this year won't be as important anyways.

Perfect_Drug

Mar 24, 2006
Montreal
I don't think it's necessary either but I'm sure both of them want to play as much as they can. Home ice this year won't be as important anyways.
McDavid just turned 24.

He's probably just fine. You can worry about cutting back his minutes when he's closer to 30.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
What will the Oilers do if McDavid struggles in the postseason. Meaning, will Holland go all out this summer to ensure he's not exhausted at the end of next year? Better players = less extra pressure to always have to carry the team.

I think by all measures Holland is expected to do something big to help take this team to the next level. I think they are a top pairing D and goalie away with any combination of Holloway, Lavoie, Marody and/or Benson helping round out the depth forward spots. Dream scenario would be Hamilton + Mrazek/Ullmark/Halak (platoon with Smith for 1 more year and hope our young goalies can earn a spot within next 2 years)

Prsut18

Jul 30, 2018
CZ
I said he can do it at the beginning of the season, do I'm hoping for him to do it.. huge thing in a shortened season

FinProspects

Sep 15, 2007
Where would 100p season in 56 games rank? Thag would be peak Jagresque, very much comparable (and possibly above) with anything AO/Sid/Geno have done in reg season. Of course its shortened season, with playing only some rather weak Canadian teams, but still...its insane.

I think its fair to say that Connor is now entering his absolute peak years - what exciting times we are going to witness.

innitfam

Oct 18, 2017
Self explanatory.

He needs 23 points in 11 games.

13 points in his last 10 games, but with 3 pointless games.

2 games each remaining against WPG, MTL and CGY

5 games left against VAN.

I think he will feast on my Canucks in their games and hit exactly 100. I can easily see him getting 2-3 points or more in all those games.

If anyone can put up 100 points in 56 games in today's game, it's him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad