Player Discussion Will Lockwood

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
If he hasn’t signed yet and there isn’t any smoke in the media about it, I’d be surprised if he signs.

He shouldn’t sign with this organization. He could play here for 15 yrs and even never get a sniff of a cup. He is better off staying in the states.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He shouldn’t sign with this organization. He could play here for 15 yrs and even never get a sniff of a cup. He is better off staying in the states.
When you're a 3rd round pick wouldn't main goal be to make the NHL and make a few million dollars?

I mean, only about 3 or so players per team will bear the stigma of winning/not winning a Cup.

Don't think anyone 10 years from now when the names of Bieksa/Edler/Raymond/Malhottra/Burrows comes up that we will say, oh they didn't win a Cup. Now, if you mention the Sedins, Luongo, maybe Kesler, you would bring that up.

Reactions: Luckylarry

VanJack

Jul 11, 2014
I'd trade him to the Wings for a pick or maybe take a flyer on Hicketts.
Is that Hicketts as in Joe? Wow! Along with Stecher and Hughes that would give the Canucks three d-men at 5'10" and 170.

In the Western Conference it would like watching three gnats trying to bring down a water buffalo. Nope, given how poorly the Canucks winger prospects performed in Utica this year, the best thing for the Canucks is to sign Lockwood and see if he can be an impact winger in the AHL at least.

beachcomber

Apr 6, 2015
When you're a 3rd round pick wouldn't main goal be to make the NHL and make a few million dollars?

I mean, only about 3 or so players per team will bear the stigma of winning/not winning a Cup.

Don't think anyone 10 years from now when the names of Bieksa/Edler/Raymond/Malhottra/Burrows comes up that we will say, oh they didn't win a Cup. Now, if you mention the Sedins, Luongo, maybe Kesler, you would bring that up.

He is a year away from signing anywhere he wants. Why would he jump on Vancouver?
- Expensive place to live.
- rains all the time.
- awful organization. No help in sight.
- deteriorating fan base.
- awful travel schedule.

He can play in a US city with a bettter organization with a better cost of living and a more knowledgeable, less obtrusive fan base. Definitely worth the risk of going back to school.

Reactions: Megaterio Llamas

David Bruce Banner

Nude Cabdriver Ban
Mar 25, 2008
Streets Ahead
Nothing is written in stone, especially for a guy with Lockwood's injury history. If the Canucks offer him an ELC, the smart bet would be for him to sign. He's a longshot at best and waiting another year to trigger a "bidding war" could work out poorly for him.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
He is a year away from signing anywhere he wants. Why would he jump on Vancouver?
- rains all the time.
- awful travel schedule.

He can play in a US city with a bettter organization with a better cost of living and a more knowledgeable, less obtrusive fan base. Definitely worth the risk of going back to school.
Hes gone, no more debate, too bad :(

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
I think he quite possibly still signs here, but not until after he graduates.

He'd be crazy to sign onto the dumpster fire in Utica this year when he can get a good year of development from a good Michigan program and graduate with his degree. Going back is an easy decision.

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010
- rains all the time.
- awful travel schedule.

Vancouver is a great city, successful people do not sweat the rent. Rent is high in all great cities because people want to live there.

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
- rains all the time.
- awful travel schedule.

He's also probably way more likely to play in the NHL here and that's the main appeal of this organization right now.

StreetHawk

Sep 30, 2017
He's also probably way more likely to play in the NHL here and that's the main appeal of this organization right now.
Even if he goes back to Michigan, he can sign a 2 year ELC after his season ends and burn year 1 of his ELC. If he goes to UFA he'll still need to do a 2 year ELC.

It's been almost 2 weeks since he last played. If he wanted to sign, I'd figure he'd do it already. So, likely returning to school.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Vancouver is a great city, successful people do not sweat the rent. Rent is high in all great cities because people want to live there.

giphy.gif

Catamarca Livin

Jul 29, 2010

Was not commenting on team, Vancouver is a great city for those doing well. I am off to thr game what is it 20 degrees sun shining after walking around ocean earlier today. He picked Michigan for hockey if he does not come it will not be weather or cost of living.

CherryToke

Oct 18, 2008
Coquitlam
Was not commenting on team, Vancouver is a great city for those doing well. I am off to thr game what is it 20 degrees sun shining after walking around ocean earlier today. He picked Michigan for hockey if he does not come it will not be weather or cost of living.

I wasn't commenting on the team either.

Love

Feb 29, 2012
People always talk about how expensive it is here as if that’s a deterrent to millionaire NHL players. I really have a hard time believing that especially when you get paid in American dollars but spend Canadians dollars. That sounds like a huge perk at the moment due to our weak dollar. Buying a $5 mil house in Vancouver will cost you about $3.7 mil American. Or in the states a $5 mil house will cost you... $5 mil. So yes Vancouver is expensive but I really don’t think it makes any difference for NHLers.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Id say hes more likely to become a Wings than a Canuck at this point. This stinks :(

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017

I bet the kid wants some assurances that he’s going to be given fair opportunity to be on the big club. Didn’t JB say, when he announced the Hughe’s signing, that he was waiting for Lockwood to decide about playing in Utica? This sounds like another Dim Jim move, doesn’t it?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad