Player Discussion Will Lockwood

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
I can see him being traded to Vegas at the draft.

To Vegas
Will Lockwood and 2020 - 2nd round pick

To Vancouver
Colin Miller

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
I can see him being traded to Vegas at the draft.

To Vegas
Will Lockwood and 2020 - 2nd round pick

To Vancouver
Colin Miller

If we trade Lockwood, shouldn’t we get a pick back? How about Lockwood plus our 2020 second to Vegas for their 2019 first?

canuckfan75

Jan 14, 2014
If we trade Lockwood, shouldn’t we get a pick back? How about Lockwood plus our 2020 second to Vegas for their 2019 first?

Vegas needs cap space which is us taking Miller $3.5 million dollar salary at 3 years left. Vegas needs draft picks. and they will want fast forwards which Lockwood is

it is a win win deal

Reactions: vancityluongo

Josepho

i want the bartkowski thread back
Jan 1, 2015
British Columbia
Lockwood's value is probably around a 6th round pick given the general uncertainty of him signing and the fact that he still hasn't reached P/G with Michigan.

Definitely an NHL level skater though.

Reactions: Luckylarry

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Lockwood's value is probably around a 6th round pick given the general uncertainty of him signing and the fact that he still hasn't reached P/G with Michigan.

Definitely an NHL level skater though.

Is JB swinging and missing on Lockwood? You got to think that if JB felt Lockwood was a for sure NHL player he’d be offering a contract Lockwood couldn’t help but sign, no?

Megaterio Llamas

el rey del mambo
Oct 29, 2011
North Shore
We do? I see Benning clearly thinking Lockwood is not an NHL player. To me that’s a miss on his part.
Why do you think that? According to every reliable source I have come across Lockwood is currently taking some time to mull over a contract offer from Benning and deciding whether to turn pro or return to Michigan for his senior year.

Reactions: beachcomber

Guardian452

Jun 10, 2011
Too many people are over-valuing Will Lockwood. At best Lockwood is a 3rd/4th liner, but with the type of numbers he's put up at college, he's more than likely to be a career AHLer or a fringe NHL player. He's basically Tyler Motte v. 2.0.

bandwagonesque

I eat Kraft Dinner and I vote
Mar 5, 2014
Benning has truly done a number on the culture of this franchise. Doesn't seem like that long ago that players were willing to accept hundreds of thousands of dollars to play here, rather than the indentured servitude of the NCAA.
Could you explain what you mean by this? The Canucks have signed every college player they've drafted since Benning took over, apart from a few still in college. They have also signed several college free agents.

Reactions: F A N

Cupless44

Jun 25, 2014
Benning might be keeping a contract spot open to go after Sturm. That might be too smart for him though. If Lockwood was ready to sign, he would have likely signed him.

M2Beezy

Objective and Neutral Hockey Commentator
Sponsor
May 25, 2014
Title of the thread should probably be fixed, that week is LONG over now

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad