Speculation: Will Burmistrov return to the Jets??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Flair Hay

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2010
Winnipeg
Through three gams at the World Championships, he has 0 points and is playing about 12:00 min a game (no word on his Corsi rel%, though:sarcasm:).

While he would be a nice asset to have back in the fold, there is precious little evidence that he is currently a middle six NHL player. 3rd line/specialty teams? Yes. An upgrade over half a dozen players the Jets trotted out this year? Definitely. The key to unlocking Kane's 40 goal potential? Not so sure about that.

His offense isn't they in reason most people want him back. He helps keep the puck out of our net and gets it to our players that perform best with the puck on their stick. He's a glue player, much like Frolik.

Expectations and communication on both sides messed **** up. I'm not much offensively from Burmi. Just to play better two way hockey than Jokinen, and mesh better with Kane than Jokinen if Maurice chose to pair them together.

And all it will cost is money.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
His offense isn't they in reason most people want him back. He helps keep the puck out of our net and gets it to our players that perform best with the puck on their stick. He's a glue player, much like Frolik.

Expectations and communication on both sides messed **** up. I'm not much offensively from Burmi. Just to play better two way hockey than Jokinen, and mesh better with Kane than Jokinen if Maurice chose to pair them together.

And all it will cost is money.

could you imagine Burmi and Frolik on the same line? Hot christ that would be awesome.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
Guys even if you are a hater, think he dangles too much, don't like the fact he took a fat pay day in Russia, think he was a cocky coach killer, wanted to punch him in the face when he was laughing on the bench when we were losing, think he has no O skills or finish..... and....and.... fill in every other thing that pi55es you off there is still one key thing to keep in mind here. We had at least two very nice trade deals for him at the deadline and an offer for him on draft day in 2013 but he wasn't under contract so no go. Other teams definitely want his talents so it's kind of important we get him back under contract so he can be flipped at a minimum. That or trade him on draft day.

It's just BIDness

Interesting. I would be interested in knowing what was on the table for him. Shoot me a PM if your at liberty to say!

ps241

The Ballad of Ville Bobby
Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Interesting. I would be interested in knowing what was on the table for him. Shoot me a PM if your at liberty to say!

or just post it...

Hey guys I have been sworn to secrecy on the deals and since it is water under the bridge now my hopes are we can bring Burmi back or convert a him into a new deal with his blessing this time. Hopefully we can new material to work on. He was definatly coveted but not at the $ value he was looking for at that time.

Sorry for the tease I will use more restraint next time when it comes to areas I am not allowed to shoot my mouth on.

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.
Hey guys I have been sworn to secrecy on the deals and since it is water under the bridge now my hopes are we can bring Burmi back or convert a him into a new deal with his blessing this time. Hopefully we can new material to work on. He was definatly coveted but not at the $ value he was looking for at that time.

Sorry for the tease I will use more restraint next time when it comes to areas I am not allowed to shoot my mouth on.

Its good thing no one's trusted you with a security clearance.

And that was inital suspicion as well. all you had to do was look at the cap situation to know that that was the case.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg

No worries, I figured you probably weren't able to but it never hurts to ask lol.

I do find it interesting that another team wasn't able to work out a deal with him if there was that much interest. I would assume in such a situation that the team would give his agent permission to negotiate a deal prior to a trade. It makes it seem that he was pretty set on going to the KHL no matter what.

StronGeer

Jan 25, 2013
Down by the bay
Guys even if you are a hater, think he dangles too much, don't like the fact he took a fat pay day in Russia, think he was a cocky coach killer, wanted to punch him in the face when he was laughing on the bench when we were losing, think he has no O skills or finish..... and....and.... fill in every other thing that pi55es you off there is still one key thing to keep in mind here. We had at least two very nice trade deals for him at the deadline and an offer for him on draft day in 2013 but he wasn't under contract so no go. Other teams definitely want his talents so it's kind of important we get him back under contract so he can be flipped at a minimum. That or trade him on draft day.

It's just BIDness

Did one of the guys' name start with J and rhyme with Schmiginla? ;)

With that in mind, it'll be a bigger slap in the face if we don't end up getting him to come back or move his rights to someone, since we could have got something for him at some time.

SCP Guy

Jun 21, 2011
The Peg
No worries, I figured you probably weren't able to but it never hurts to ask lol.

I do find it interesting that another team wasn't able to work out a deal with him if there was that much interest. I would assume in such a situation that the team would give his agent permission to negotiate a deal prior to a trade. It makes it seem that he was pretty set on going to the KHL no matter what.

He wanted more money then any nhl team would realistically pay him Imo..... He is going to be in the same boat this year Imo.

surixon

Jul 12, 2003
Winnipeg
He wanted more money then any nhl team would realistically pay him Imo..... He is going to be in the same boat this year Imo.

Yeah it was probably that as well. Well we shall see if he wants an NHL career or not in short order. He will likely have to take a prove me type deal in an attempt to earn a bigger deal.

KingBogo

Admitted Homer
Nov 29, 2011
Winnipeg

It's just BIDness

Are you talking about this trade deadline or march 2013? I'm assuming it was March 2013 as all we could trade was his NHL rights at the last trade deadline and teams would have known this so why would they make an offer contingent on him being under contract? But in 2013 he was under contract so he would be available for a nice deal.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Are you talking about this trade deadline or march 2013? I'm assuming it was March 2013 as all we could trade was his NHL rights at the last trade deadline and teams would have known this so why would they make an offer contingent on him being under contract? But in 2013 he was under contract so he would be available for a nice deal.

He was RFA to be and asking for big money - bigger than his career to date had warranted. Good move to change agents if he wants back in the NHL.

Huffer

Jul 16, 2010

I know you can't say, but could you say if you would have been happy, unhappy with the return?

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Yea 90% of us would have been really happy but the teams needed to get Burmi on a bridge deal and that wasn't going to happen.

My hopes are that Burmi plays for us again and does well or we trade him for a better deal one day so I can rest easier.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011
Yea 90% of us would have been really happy but the teams needed to get Burmi on a bridge deal and that wasn't going to happen.

My hopes are that Burmi plays for us again and does well or we trade him for a better deal one day so I can rest easier.

Was your source a good looking intelligent man? Was he Russian? Was he from Minsk? Was your source a double agent?

Was your source from Farmers Only???

ps241

Sponsor
Mar 10, 2010
Was your source a good looking intelligent man? Was he Russian? Was he from Minsk? Was your source a double agent?

Was your source from Farmers Only???

Yes, no, not that I know of, probably :naughty:

sully1410

#EggosForEleven
Dec 28, 2011
Calgary, Alta.

If it was for Stafford, I can say with absolute certainty that I WOULD not have been happy.

knorthern knight

Mar 18, 2011
GTA
I don't see Burmistrov on the Jets this coming season. Here's a potential lineup...

LW | Centre | RW
Ladd|Little|Frolik
Kane|Scheifele|Wheeler
O'Dell|Lowry|Byfuglien
Halischuchuk/Wright|Slater|Peluso

O'Dell can play centre if one of the other centres is injured. I am not very enthusiastic about Jokinen. But if he gets a 1-year contract for $2.5 or $3 million per, that effectively blocks Burmistrov.

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
I don't see Burmistrov on the Jets this coming season. Here's a potential lineup...

LW | Centre | RW
Ladd|Little|Frolik
Kane|Scheifele|Wheeler
O'Dell|Lowry|Byfuglien
Halischuchuk/Wright|Slater|Peluso

O'Dell can play centre if one of the other centres is injured. I am not very enthusiastic about Jokinen. But if he gets a 1-year contract for $2.5 or $3 million per, that effectively blocks Burmistrov.
I am not sure Lowry is ready for big NHL minutes yet.

I suspect he will get another year or so in St. John's and perhaps get his first call up this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad