Speculation: Will Burmistrov return to the Jets??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Romang67

BitterSwede
Jan 2, 2011
Evanston, IL
No THEY DON'T. Nobody I mean NOBODY measures height with skates on. Ever. At all.

A random listing on a team page might be 1-3 inches on the high side, but it has nothing at all to do with skates. It's just added to make the player look good.

I should start doing it. I would probably reach those 6'2'' the school nurse told me I would reach when I was in 5th grade.

Last edited:

jetkarma*

What other reason could he do it for?

Immaturity?

Caught Hnidy briefly mentioning Burmistrov's situation during the game , also saw that the Latvian coach listed Kulda as their best player.

garret9

AKA#VitoCorrelationi
Mar 31, 2012
Vancouver
www.hockey-graphs.com
Scheifele: 4 P/60, 12 SoG/60
Burmi: 0.5 P/60, 3.5 SoG/60

(ish - rounded the numbers because I'm lazy)

I'm still in the Burmi camp - just messin' with ya garret. ;)

Ha 4 points per 60... That's a SD better than Crosby!!! :yo:

I know. My point was just not much you can make of TOI in a tourney like that other than coaches choices from small samples.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
Maybe Burmi will go into a fit of petulance about a lack of respect from the Russian coaches and beat a path back to Winnipeg.... we can hope.

Gump Hasek

Spleen Merchant
Nov 9, 2005
222 Tudor Terrace
Alex Burmistrov didn’t realize his goal of suiting up for Russia at the Olympics in Sochi, but he was part of the team that captured a gold medal at the world championship on Sunday.

Burmistrov, the eighth overall selection of the Atlanta Thrashers in the 2010 NHL Entry Draft, had one goal in 10 games for Russia while recording only seven shots on goal.

After signing with his hometown Ak-Bars Kazan Snow Leopards last summer, Burmistrov got off to a hot start in the Kontninental Hockey League and finished with 10 goals and 37 points in 54 games before adding two assists in six playoff games.

There’s been plenty of speculation about whether Burmistrov (who turns 23 in October) could leave the KHL to return to the NHL next season, but a source (not Maurice) said the Snow Leopards have offered a lucrative raise that is beyond what the Jets would likely be offering.

An e-mail to Yuri Nikolaev, the Russian agent for Burmistrov, seeking comment was not returned.
http://www.winnipegsun.com/2014/05/...eifele?token=0cada137cdbac96c488774c17077a282

So much for the "Burmistrov is coming back" BS.

Oops.

jetkarma*

Hey , I want him back , and I have been a critic of his , it is noteworthy to see most if not all now envision him as an "ok" piece for third line minutes.

Production or lack thereof , creating chances , the "offensive potential " ... no one is banking on that , which is prudent . Saying that he is a good fit off the top two lines , or could be , but if he thinks he is owed big dollars for that he will be in the KHL for a long time , maybe for ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad