Speculation: Will Burmistrov return to the Jets??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Koonta

The Boss Wears White
Jan 1, 2012
Thunder Road
Nhlers are shorter than their roster height. They're at least 2 inches shorter, its how tall they are on Skates. I know this because I'm 6' and Kane is at least an inch shorter than me.

Yeah well I'm 7 feet tall and Zdeno Chara is at least 5 inches shorter than me :p:

I may or may not be telling the truth

Sweech

Oh When the Spurs
Jun 30, 2011
Hamilton, Ontario
Nhlers are shorter than their roster height. They're at least 2 inches shorter, its how tall they are on Skates. I know this because I'm 6' and Kane is at least an inch shorter than me.

I think you should get yourself measured again because I'm 6'2" and have met NHLers face to face and not noticed anything. Not to mention the NHL combine measures players (while not on skates) and Kane did NOT measure in as shorter than 6', so you've got something screwed up.

The only time I believe those discrepancies is with short guys, sometimes listed at 5'11" but are actually more like 5'9" for example.

almostawake

Jan 19, 2006
Lausanne

In this instance it appears as though the entire Russian team was actually measured (height and weight) before the tournament. A lot of their NHL players are significantly below their "NHL" size.

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg

Yeah not at all true. Yes heights are exaggerated at times but not even close to this extreme.

TCsmyth

Mar 25, 2011

Patrick Kane? Evander is not less than 6 feet

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
In this instance it appears as though the entire Russian team was actually measured (height and weight) before the tournament. A lot of their NHL players are significantly below their "NHL" size.

Trouba is listed as 6'2 on his scouting page. He's listed as 6'4 = one example.

DudeWhereIsMakar

Bergevin sent me an offer sheet
Apr 25, 2014
Winnipeg
Where's he listed @ 6'4"?

Go to the NHL roster page.

Edit: NVM, I read somewhere else he's 6'4. Sorry guys. But height is a weird thing these days... EKane could be 5'11 1/2, but I can assure you they do it based off height with skates. Its how tall they are when they do play.

Last edited:

Holden Caulfield

Eternal Skeptic
Feb 15, 2006
Winnipeg
Go to the NHL roster page.

Edit: NVM, I read somewhere else he's 6'4. Sorry guys. But height is a weird thing these days... EKane could be 5'11 1/2, but I can assure you they do it based off height with skates. Its how tall they are when they do play.

No THEY DON'T. Nobody I mean NOBODY measures height with skates on. Ever. At all.

A random listing on a team page might be 1-3 inches on the high side, but it has nothing at all to do with skates. It's just added to make the player look good.

Hammer Slammer

Mar 26, 2010
Winnipeg
I was picturing all our players lined up in full gear taking height and weight measurements and had a giggle.

But anyway - back to the topic. I too hope Maurice or other Jets management was able to talk to Burmi.

cheswick

Non-registered User
Mar 17, 2010
South Kildonan
I think it's common knowledge that a number of hockey players have exagerated height numbers.

I have a cousin who constantly maintains that he's 6'1 despite the fact that he's a few inches shorter than I am and I routinely measure at 6'1 and a bit. I think a lot of guys exagerate their height to make that 6' threshold. I think it's more likely somone who's 5'10" is listed at 6' then someone who's 6'4 is listed as 6'6

Whileee

May 29, 2010
So, are there any reporters or journalists in the Winnipeg media that are actually going to try to follow up on the Burmistrov story to get a sense of whether the Jets might sign him? Or are we going to just have to live through a bunch more articles with Lawless pontificating on what he thinks should happen?

truck

Jun 27, 2012
www.arcticicehockey.com
So, are there any reporters or journalists in the Winnipeg media that are actually going to try to follow up on the Burmistrov story to get a sense of whether the Jets might sign him? Or are we going to just have to live through a bunch more articles with Lawless pontificating on what he thinks should happen?

If he signs, I suspect the news will come from Russia or somebody out of market. If it is broken locally, Gary is the guy that gets everything.

Whileee

May 29, 2010
If he signs, I suspect the news will come from Russia or somebody out of market. If it is broken locally, Gary is the guy that gets everything.

Great, we have to rely on an "insider" who often has a rocky relationship with key members of the organization due to his meandering pontifications about what the Jets should do.... "is there a question there, Gary?"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad