Rumor: Wild will not buy-out Dubnyk, looking to trade him; Greenway may also be moved

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
His value in picks is a mid to late 1st rounder.

Not gonna lie, wasn't expecting that price but looking at his resume, can see why it's that high to be open to moving him. Mid 1st seems high but guess a 2nd + prospect isn't workable?

Honestly, your guess is as good as mine when it comes to Greenway.

In theory we don't need defense because on top of our current top 4, Guerin wants to bring Soucy back, who can either be the second pairing RD or the third pairing LD. After that I would bet Addison takes over. We also have Belpedio too who can play either side.

My preference would be to use him in a package for a top 6 center, trade him for a (late) 1st rounder, or swap him for a right handed player of the same caliber (like Roslovic would probably be the prototypical target in that deal).

But Guerin seems to just be getting players he thinks can make a difference. So if he likes a LW he might do the deal just to get a fresh face.

You familiar with Hutsko? RW with very similar NCAA production to Greenway, he's 21 years old right now, 22 in February. He's definitely smaller at 5'9, 175lbs but has the motor, skill and compete to be a similar middle 6 winger, ideally a really solid 2-way 3rd liner. Likely gets a year or two in AHL so he could get a look when some of the older vets are gone and the team/forwards are more in their mid 20's? Seems Guerin is going that way with solid vets on D.
Hasn't been signed yet but expiry date isn't until Aug 2021. Would add a pick to make up for current NHL resume of Greenway.

Greenway: (NCAA)
39GP5g21a26p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
37GP10g21a31p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
36GP13g22a35p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hutsko: (NCAA)
37GP12g19a31p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
36GP6g20a26p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30GP19g14a33p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hutsko seems to be a better goal scorer and Greenway the better playmaker.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not gonna lie, wasn't expecting that price but looking at his resume, can see why it's that high to be open to moving him. Mid 1st seems high but guess a 2nd + prospect isn't workable?

You familiar with Hutsko? RW with very similar NCAA production to Greenway, he's 21 years old right now, 22 in February. He's definitely smaller at 5'9, 175lbs but has the motor, skill and compete to be a similar middle 6 winger, ideally a really solid 2-way 3rd liner. Likely gets a year or two in AHL so he could get a look when some of the older vets are gone and the team/forwards are more in their mid 20's? Seems Guerin is going that way with solid vets on D.
Hasn't been signed yet but expiry date isn't until Aug 2021.

39GP5g21a26p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
37GP10g21a31p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
36GP13g22a35p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
37GP12g19a31p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
36GP6g20a26p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30GP19g14a33p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]

I watched him all season with Boldy at BC. I like him, but not enough to do this deal.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Not to get too political here, and I'm sure it's not the reason, but if Guerin deals Greenway, Dumba and almost certainly doesn't re-sign JT Brown, the optics of trading/not re-signing ALL of your Black players during this offseason sure don't look good.

f*** off

Dumba isn't even black

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

Hasn't been signed yet but expiry date isn't until Aug 2021. Would add a pick to make up for current NHL resume of Greenway.

39GP5g21a26p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
37GP10g21a31p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
36GP13g22a35p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
37GP12g19a31p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
36GP6g20a26p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
30GP19g14a33p
[TBODY] [/TBODY]
Hutsko will have to improve quite a bit to ever play in the NHL

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
Hutsko will have to improve quite a bit to ever play in the NHL

No doubt but this year was a great uptick after a down year in '18-19.
He has the drive to make it, may take him another two years.
Battled back from a couple freak accidents and some of the following stats has me excited for his senior year at BC.

-Finished the season seventh in the nation in goals per game with 19 tallies in 30 games, those 19 tied for team lead.
-Led the team in shots on goal per game (3.7) and was +17 for the year
-Ranked 11th in Hockey East in scoring with at least one point in all but four games
-Put together a career-high 12-game point streak from the season opener to the January 4 win over Vermont and also -tallied a seven-game point streak during the second half
-Collected seven multi-point performances

Greenway has a great chance at being a 2nd line power forward, wouldn't be in a rush to move him.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Alright, what you need for le gros bonhomme Greenway ?

1 for 1, my guess would be a similar player that plays RW or C. I think Jack Roslovic is an excellent example of the type of player we'd be looking for. Alternatively Guerin could use him in a package for a top 6 center. I don't think he gets traded for a draft pick, but I think a late 1st would be the price if he was.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009

I think if the idea is a draft pick, we're better off trading Foligno, unless Greenway could return a 1st. I guess if Guerin likes Borgstrom something could be workable there but I'd have his value more in line with Donato.

Would it make sense for the wild to add a futures package to Dubnyk to get Kuemper?

I think Raanta makes more sense for us.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
I think if the idea is a draft pick, we're better off trading Foligno, unless Greenway could return a 1st. I guess if Guerin likes Borgstrom something could be workable there but I'd have his value more in line with Donato.

Would you add a 2021 2nd to Dubnyk to get Raanta?

One Winged Angel

You Can't Escape
May 3, 2006
Long Island
Once upon a time at BU, Quinn liked him at center. The Wild tried it a few times and it didn't really work, but maybe he knows something we don't?

That would help if he can play center, otherwise he’s looking like a 4LW, which wouldn’t make sense, especially if some of the asking prices listed are actually what Guerin would want.

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
1 for 1, my guess would be a similar player that plays RW or C. I think Jack Roslovic is an excellent example of the type of player we'd be looking for. Alternatively Guerin could use him in a package for a top 6 center. I don't think he gets traded for a draft pick, but I think a late 1st would be the price if he was.

Damn,so no Poehling, 2nd or Domi for Greenway+ ?

What about Poehling and a 2nd ?

Greenway should get a good return

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada

Borgstrom would be more available if our C depth wasn't so barren.

Barkov (1C)
Wallmark (3/4C)
Acciari (4C/middle 6 W in a pinch)
Borgstrom (3C, maybe tried at 2C this year)
Luostarinen (projects as bottom 6C)

Haula is a free agent, could be re-signed to a 1-2 yr deal to build his value or be a stopgap for us after tons of injury time.
No worries, no deal to be made here.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Would you add a 2021 2nd to Dubnyk to get Raanta?

Prior to the Staal trade, where I thought we were a couple of shrewd moves away from maybe being a surprise fringe contender, it would've been more likely. Now, with our current center situation, I'm not sure what a goalie upgrade will accomplish.

Reactions: deflowd

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad