Rumor: Wild will not buy-out Dubnyk, looking to trade him; Greenway may also be moved

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
A trade based around Kerfoot and Greenway given Minnesota's need for a center?
where is kerfoot playing? If Guerin is believed, traded for johanssen to play c

1c?Johanssen ? Bjustad? whoever c dumba is traded for
2c : Joel Eriksson ek or Johanssen
3c: Joel Eriksson ek or Johanssen
4c: Bjustad or Sturm

Buffdog

Feb 13, 2019
If the jets take dubnyk at the full 4.3, would it lower the cost in dumba to a deal based around roslovic and potentially a 1st?

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
Interesting to see what Guerin does with the Wild goaltending if he does manage to move Dubnyk. I can't imagine he'd want to pay a lot for a short term option (which most trade options are right now), but I think he'd have trouble getting a UFA to sign there.
I think a goalie would love to play in front of one of the top 5 D corps in the league in a great hockey market. Not sure why you think a goalie would not sign in Minnesota

JC704

Jan 6, 2012
How about something around Brendan Lemieux and Georgiev for Greenway?

Maybe Lemieux + Georgiev for Greenway + Conditional 2021 third-round pick (Becomes a second-round pick if Georgiev plays X amount of games for the Wild next season).

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020

Maybe Lemieux + Georgiev for Greenway + Conditional 2021 third-round pick (Becomes a second-round pick if Georgiev plays X amount of games for the Wild next season).

huh? did you just do a video game trade

it would be greenway for Georgiev straigh and not wild adding on to it. so no.

saywut

Jun 11, 2009
What’s wrong with Greenway?

I don't see top-6 skill in him personally. Parise should be headed to the bottom-6(unless by some miracle he can be moved) and all signs point to the team wanting to re-sign Foligno, so there's our 3rd/4th line LWs(none are really RWs). Greenway likely fetches a better return than Foligno too(if its close then Foligno should be the one moved).

why would the wild buy him out? he is on a good contract

I suppose Dubnyk's contract may be of interest to Ottawa to game the system, but other than that there is nothing good about his contract. There will be goalies signing 2-way deals this off-season that are better. Unless he's 4th on the depth chart with the Wild it is inexcusable for him to be with the team at the start of next season.

A trade based around Kerfoot and Greenway given Minnesota's need for a center?

I'd have no interest in Kerfoot, but then again we just traded Staal for a cap dump who we plan on playing out of position, so I guess Kerfoot/Greenway would fall in line with that deal.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

decent value but I don't think Georgiev works when the Wild have a very similar prospect in Kahkonen. I don't like the idea of trying to break in 2 guys like that at the same time

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Some questions for ya,

Is he at least physical, hard to knock off the puck?
How's his speed/skating for a giant?
Is this a maturity thing as well, you mentioned commitment Bazeek, will he grow up with more structure?
Could he be a 40-45pt guy with more TOI and better C?

This worries me, we have a similar prospect in Noel (20yrs old), both drafted in 2nd round, both 6'6.
Ever since Bjugstad, the size thing scares me off a bit. Long term injuries with their back seems to be their Achilles heel and if their skating isn't up to par, it's way more bust than boom.
Noel will have one game where he looks scary dominant and then 2-3 where he is a ghost, turning pro (AHL) this year.
He's a good skater and he controls the puck well. Even when he isn't playing great he's not easy to knock off the puck, but his reach might be his best physical asset. He can just straight up reach around players and pick the puck off of them, and he's got the hands to do it. Good passer, decent shot... it's really just putting it all together and bringing some fire consistently. When he's "on" he's the most impactful player on the ice. I think 40-45 points is well within his reach. If he can develop his game as a net front/below the goal line guy on the powerplay he could get more than that.

I don't really have any concerns about him developing long term. He seems like a good guy. Minnesota just has a logjam at wing and a weird locker room dynamic right now that already seems to be stuck in Guerin's craw. That plus the fact that Greenway likely carries some value is why he gets brought up in trade ideas so often. I'd love to keep him around, personally.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

Magic Man

Mar 30, 2012
Your Worst Nightmare
where is kerfoot playing? If Guerin is believed, traded for johanssen to play c

1c?Johanssen ? Bjustad? whoever c dumba is traded for
2c : Joel Eriksson ek or Johanssen
3c: Joel Eriksson ek or Johanssen
4c: Bjustad or Sturm
Parise - Kerfoot - Zuccarello
Johansson - Eriksson Ek - Fiala
Foligno - Bjugstad - Kunin
Donato - Rask/Sturm - Hartman

Flip Kerfoot and Johansson if you have too. Drop Bjugstad to 4C if Dumba brings in a 1C.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Some questions for ya,

Is he at least physical, hard to knock off the puck?
How's his speed/skating for a giant?
Is this a maturity thing as well, you mentioned commitment Bazeek, will he grow up with more structure?
Could he be a 40-45pt guy with more TOI and better C?

This worries me, we have a similar prospect in Noel (20yrs old), both drafted in 2nd round, both 6'6.
Ever since Bjugstad, the size thing scares me off a bit. Long term injuries with their back seems to be their Achilles heel and if their skating isn't up to par, it's way more bust than boom.
Noel will have one game where he looks scary dominant and then 2-3 where he is a ghost, turning pro (AHL) this year.
He's a good skater and he controls the puck well. Even when he isn't playing great he's not easy to knock off the puck, but his reach might be his best physical asset. He can just straight up reach around players and pick the puck off of them, and he's got the hands to do it. Good passer, decent shot... it's really just putting it all together and bringing some fire consistently. When he's "on" he's the most impactful player on the ice. I think 40-45 points is well within his reach. If he can develop his game as a net front/below the goal line guy on the powerplay he could get more than that.

I don't really have any concerns about him developing long term. He seems like a good guy. Minnesota just has a logjam at wing and a weird locker room dynamic right now that already seems to be stuck in Guerin's craw. That plus the fact that Greenway likely carries some value is why he gets brought up in trade ideas so often. I'd love to keep him around, personally.

In some ways I see a lot of Coyle in him, though I prefer Coyle myself. I wouldn't say they're very similar players though.

He can be pretty physical when he wants to be. Like has been touched on, consistency is an issue there. When he is playing physical is usually when he's playing his all around best too. Definite correlation there.

He's usually always pretty hard to knock off the puck, which is good. Like Bazeek said, his reach is great and he knows how to use it. Good forechecker.

His passing and shooting isn't anything special but they're not bad either.

Skating is pretty good for a player his size. He's not a burner but he can definitely keep up with most plays.

It's just that he's entirely average. Apart from his size he doesn't have a single standout quality. He's got enough tools to where he could probably put together a 20 goal, 45-50 point campaign in the right situation, but he's mostly just an average middle six player. He doesn't drive offense, but he's not a liability. If he gets in a situation where he's playing with two offensive players and he's in charge of retrieving the puck or working along the boards, down low, in front of the net, he could pick up some points. Sort of like in the few games he was playing with Staal and Fiala.

But at the moment he's one of those players that leaves you wanting more, and thinking you can get it if you keep being patient. Consistency is the issue and commitment is likely leading to the consistency issues. He could very well figure it out.

Reactions: TheImpatientPanther

TheBloodyNine

Pure Bred Soviet Savage
Oct 8, 2016
Queens
Guerin's beef with him seems to be an issue with commitment. There were a few comments over the last season about him not eating all that well and staying up too late... little stuff, but it probably affected his consistency on the ice, too. There were some games where he'd be a monster, then stretches where he'd go away. His possession stats from game to game said that he was pretty consistent in that respect, but it was hard to notice many nights. Just leaves you wanting more, because it's in there somewhere.

If the Rangers are interested I bet a reunion with Quinn would be good for him.

I'd say count on them be interested in a big way.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Parise - Kerfoot - Zuccarello
Johansson - Eriksson Ek - Fiala
Foligno - Bjugstad - Kunin
Donato - Rask/Sturm - Hartman

Flip Kerfoot and Johansson if you have too. Drop Bjugstad to 4C if Dumba brings in a 1C.

Kaprizov is in there too.

I wouldn't mind getting Kerfoot depending on the price. I think he's a better option for top 6 center than Bjugstad or Johansson. Greenway for Kerfoot could work. He put up some decent seasons in Colorado when he wasn't playing the third line and he's still only 26.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
In some ways I see a lot of Coyle in him, though I prefer Coyle myself. I wouldn't say they're very similar players though.

He can be pretty physical when he wants to be. Like has been touched on, consistency is an issue there. When he is playing physical is usually when he's playing his all around best too. Definite correlation there.

He's usually always pretty hard to knock off the puck, which is good. Like Bazeek said, his reach is great and he knows how to use it. Good forechecker.

His passing and shooting isn't anything special but they're not bad either.

Skating is pretty good for a player his size. He's not a burner but he can definitely keep up with most plays.

It's just that he's entirely average. Apart from his size he doesn't have a single standout quality. He's got enough tools to where he could probably put together a 20 goal, 45-50 point campaign in the right situation, but he's mostly just an average middle six player. He doesn't drive offense, but he's not a liability. If he gets in a situation where he's playing with two offensive players and he's in charge of retrieving the puck or working along the boards, down low, in front of the net, he could pick up some points. Sort of like in the few games he was playing with Staal and Fiala.

But at the moment he's one of those players that leaves you wanting more, and thinking you can get it if you keep being patient. Consistency is the issue and commitment is likely leading to the consistency issues. He could very well figure it out.
Yeah, I get the Coyle thing. Greenway's got more attitude to him. Coyle can be a handful but he's too nice.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad