Rumor: Wild will not buy-out Dubnyk, looking to trade him; Greenway may also be moved

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Yeah, I get the Coyle thing. Greenway's got more attitude to him. Coyle can be a handful but he's too nice.

Greenway is more aggressive for sure. On the flip side I think Coyle has more skill, certainly a better passer. They're both big guys that excel in the puck protection aspect. Both struggled with consistency, but Coyle's reason always felt more like he wasn't assertive enough, where Greenway's issue is commitment. Both of them left you wanting more though.

Canuck86

Feb 12, 2014
Kelowna
How is Greenway's foot speed? Would Jake Virtanen interest Minny in a deal? He could use a fresh start possibly, his name is out there and seems to be stapled to the bottom 6 by the coach in Vancouver

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
How is Greenway's foot speed? Would Jake Virtanen interest Minny in a deal? He could use a fresh start possibly, his name is out there and seems to be stapled to the bottom 6 by the coach in Vancouver

His foot speed is good. Not great, but he's never lagging behind because of it. Skating isn't a weakness for him.

I would say Virtanen isn't much of an interest, but if Guerin is really just trying to throw a grenade in the locker room it could happen. Especially if Judd likes Virtanen a lot.

My priority for Greenway would be either a 1st rounder or in a package for a true top 6 center. But I'm not Guerin.

KaprizovEntitlelist

Feb 22, 2020
Parise - Kerfoot - Zuccarello
Johansson - Eriksson Ek - Fiala
Foligno - Bjugstad - Kunin
Donato - Rask/Sturm - Hartman

Flip Kerfoot and Johansson if you have too. Drop Bjugstad to 4C if Dumba brings in a 1C.

Kaprizov , Johansson / ek, or whoever they trade Dumba for, Fiala
Parise , Joel eriksson ek/ Johansson, Zuccarrelo
Foligno , Joel Erikssson ek/ Johansson, Luke Kunin
Greenway , Donato / Bjustad or Sturm, / Hartman

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
Dubnyk for Anisimov before his bonus is paid out.

As a Sens fan, I'd rather see a youngster in Anisimov's spot, and this saves Melnyk 1.000
Cap hit's are similar and both have 1yr left.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017

As a Sens fan, I'd rather see a youngster in Anisimov's spot, and this saves Melnyk 1.000
Done. No backsies.

DeagleJenkins

Jul 17, 2018
Minnesota

actually dont hate it. its at least a stop gap c if we feel the need to add one that is not top 6. dont care for the russian side of it that one will probably bring up.

TheImpatientPanther

Jan 17, 2013
Ontario, Canada
@Bazeek @AKL

What's the ask on Greenway guys? You need any LD prospects?
Can we do a prospect swap or what's his value in pick(s)?

I'd like FLA to add a lot of physical 2 way play in our bottom 6, we have some good young physical D on their way too. If we're gonna lose, at least have the opponents limping away.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
@Bazeek @AKL

I'd like FLA to add a lot of physical 2 way play in our bottom 6, we have some good young physical D on their way too. If we're gonna lose, at least have the opponents limping away.
His value in picks is a mid to late 1st rounder.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
@Bazeek @AKL

Honestly, your guess is as good as mine when it comes to Greenway.

In theory we don't need defense because on top of our current top 4, Guerin wants to bring Soucy back, who can either be the second pairing RD or the third pairing LD. After that I would bet Addison takes over. We also have Belpedio too who can play either side.

My preference would be to use him in a package for a top 6 center, trade him for a (late) 1st rounder, or swap him for a right handed player of the same caliber (like Roslovic would probably be the prototypical target in that deal).

But Guerin seems to just be getting players he thinks can make a difference. So if he likes a LW he might do the deal just to get a fresh face.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Once upon a time at BU, Quinn liked him at center. The Wild tried it a few times and it didn't really work, but maybe he knows something we don't?

He also has some history of playing RW, though not extensive.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Would it make sense for the wild to add a futures package to Dubnyk to get Kuemper?

Probably, but I wouldn't spend a lot. But I also don't see the need to trade a lot of assets for a goaltender either, with how saturated the market is, and with Kahkonen being ready to step into the NHL. Guerin might have a different opinion.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Would it make sense for the wild to add a futures package to Dubnyk to get Kuemper?
I don't think so. The history there is a little weird and I just don't see Minnesota paying what Arizona would want for any goalie. They just need a competent vet to share time with Kahkonen for a year or two.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Domi + Mete + Allen for Dumba + Greenway + Dubnyk lets go :naughty:

Take out Domi, Dumba, Allen and Dubnyk, and replace Mete with something useful, and I think it's a good base for a deal.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad