Rumor: Wild will not buy-out Dubnyk, looking to trade him; Greenway may also be moved

_Del_

Jul 4, 2003
I like Greenway a lot as a bottom-six guy. I'm not sure he'll ever be more than that. Coyotes could definitely use more players like him, though.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
I'm not sure I understand the Greenway fascination around here. I'd take him but I don't value him very highly. Maybe around a 2nd rounder at best? He's a real wild-card. Tons of raw ability but doesn't apply himself consistently. Roller coaster player who gets called out an awful lot for such a young guy.

He's a 2nd rounder that has already turned out better than most 2nd rounders do. He has 2nd round value at worst, late 1st round value at best, and I'm not even a huge fan of his.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
There's no reason for Minnesota to do this. Cap hit is negligible, term is the same, but we'd be paying Sutter 2M more in cash than we'd pay Dubnyk to sit in our press box.
Didn't realize the actual dollars were different than cap. 2 million is substantial especially in today's COVID era.

rt

The Kinder, Gentler Version
May 13, 2004
A Rockwellian Pleasantville
He's a 2nd rounder that has already turned out better than most 2nd rounders do. He has 2nd round value at worst, late 1st round value at best, and I'm not even a huge fan of his.
I thought I was in the AZ forum. His name comes up there an inordinate amount. I think it's the Keller connection. A 2021 1st is already a pretty good price for Kuemper. Adding Greenway gets things pretty close, honestly. I'd worry a little about his RFA status. Would want to have an idea of his price range.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
The reason Greenway gets called out is the same reason that Coyle used to get called out. Sometimes they both can look dominant, and like power forward stars in the making, other times you have to ask yourself if they are playing. Most players don't have such a wide swing in their performance. There is no doubt that when Greenway is on he flings other players around like they are children, sets enormous screens, plays good D, and has surprisingly good hands and vision. That can be very tempting for a coach who believes that he can make that happen all the time.

As a Wild fan, I would prefer to keep him, just as I would've preferred to keep Coyle. I don't think he has yet reached his peak, and players like him are very useful come playoff time when things start to get real. It took BOS fans a while to warm up to Coyle as he is not the traditional physical player, but once the playoffs started and they saw how other players just bounced off him, and how he would have a shift where he would dominate the puck, most changed their mind.

Last edited:
Reactions: Dickie Dunn

TheeNorthStar

Ok, dis hockey
Jun 2, 2012
MSP
The reason Greenway gets called out is the same reason that Coyle used to get called out. Sometimes they both can look dominant, and like power forward stars in the making, other times you have to ask yourself if they are playing. Most players don't have such a wide swing in their performance. There is no doubt that when Greenway is on he flings other players around like they are children, sets enormous screens, plays good D, and has surprisingly good hands and vision. That can be very tempting for a coach who believes that he can make that happen all the time.

As a Wild fan, I would prefer to keep him, just as I would've preferred to keep Coyle. I don't think he has yet reached his peak, and players like him are very useful come playoff time when things start to get real. It took BOS fans a while to warm up to Coyle as he is not the traditional physical player, but once the playoffs started and they saw how other players just bounced off him, and how he would have a shift where he would dominate the puck, most changed their mind.

This is pretty much spot on. The ONLY thing I would add -- which would affect my decision to keep him -- is that I personally don't believe he has the work ethic required to reach his peak or matches Coyle's. I think the value he has today only being 23 and under a team controlled contract makes him extremely attractive to move if it gets us a #1C if he had to be packaged with Dumba.

I understand holding onto him though. I do feel he'd be a big part of a cup run on any team, if he gets his shit straightened out.

Sota Popinski

Registered Boozer
Sponsor
Apr 26, 2017
Minneapolis
This is pretty much spot on. The ONLY thing I would add -- which would affect my decision to keep him -- is that I personally don't believe he has the work ethic required to reach his peak or matches Coyle's. I think the value he has today only being 23 and under a team controlled contract makes him extremely attractive to move if it gets us a #1C if he had to be packaged with Dumba.

I understand holding onto him though. I do feel he'd be a big part of a cup run on any team, if he gets his shit straightened out.
How do you have any insight into his work ethic?

Pinkfloyd

Oct 29, 2006
Folsom
Who knows. He may just want to be gone as the team is going through a massive change, and his center options here are Bjugstad, Rask, Johansson.

Will he waive for the Sharks? Maybe, maybe not, but the idea that he flat out won't waive his NMC is dead.

When I said there’s no way he waives his nmc, it’s for a trade to San Jose so I’m not saying he won’t waive for anything.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $220.00