Rumor: Wild looking to attach a young player to trade a bad contract?

ER89

Jul 25, 2018
Minny fans, what happened to parise? Was it injuries? Seemed like he would continue to light the league on fire after he left nj but kinda just fizzled out after maybe a few productive seasons.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
Minny fans, what happened to parise? Was it injuries? Seemed like he would continue to light the league on fire after he left nj but kinda just fizzled out after maybe a few productive seasons.
He was very good to great until his back started having problems in (I think?) 2016. It was bad enough that he had to eat standing up when he went out to eat. He had surgery to try to fix it last season, came back and looked much better again. This year he's been pretty bad so far.

I think it's partly age, but his back problem made things fall off much earlier than they should have.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
Really? U think he would rather be in that circus over Nashville? Also whos the last relevant player to go to Montreal?
Why are you getting prissy about his opinion regarding the team's status? He thinks the team is fine, ludicrous as that may be. We're a bubble team, not a contender, not a bottom feeder. Welcome to the majority of NHL teams.

As to the last ''relevant" player to come here, well, you've been discussing him. Weber. Whether he still wants to be here will be speculation with no way to prove it one way or another, so an utter waste of time.

typicalsavage

Oct 31, 2018
L
Why are you getting prissy about his opinion regarding the team's status? He thinks the team is fine, ludicrous as that may be. We're a bubble team, not a contender, not a bottom feeder. Welcome to the majority of NHL teams.

As to the last ''relevant" player to come here, well, you've been discussing him. Weber. Whether he still wants to be here will be speculation with no way to prove it one way or another, so an utter waste of time.
Weber was traded there. Whos the last relevant player to sign? Tavares wouldnt even give them a meeting lmao.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
Honestly, I could see a team like Ottawa having an interest in the Rask/Greenway combination if/when they move out Pageau and/or Anisimov.

Edgy

Nov 30, 2009
L

Weber was traded there. Whos the last relevant player to sign? Tavares wouldnt even give them a meeting lmao.
Who's*
Radulov.

But again, why so sour? He did not insult your team, he pumped the tires of his own team.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota

I'm not sure when the back problems began, but I remember he was trying to manage it with physical therapy and found out it wasn't a permanent fix. He ended up having his back surgery in October 2017, came back to the lineup and played 42 games that season while putting up 24 points. Last season, he played 74 games while putting up 61 points and played the last month of the season on a broken foot after blocking a shot. He was really about as productive last year as his first couple of seasons in Minnesota and he looked noticeably better than pre-surgery.

We paid Parise in 2012 based on his previous seasons in New Jersey, which is what happens with most high-profile free agents being signed in their late 20's. I don't think anyone was under the impression that we were going to get 13 years of prime Parise but, fair or not, he's going to be held to that pre-signing standard for the duration of his contract due to his cap hit. In a few games so far this season, it looks like his controller has been disconnected and last night he looked like he might be headed in the right direction. To be fair, the entire team has looked like they're afraid of playing hockey this year, but that was never an issue with Parise. There's a lot of games left for him to get his head on right and based on his last season and a half I'll cut him a little slack... for now.

Reactions: ER89

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Honestly, I could see a team like Ottawa having an interest in the Rask/Greenway combination if/when they move out Pageau and/or Anisimov.
I'd be interested in a shuffling the deck chairs trade with Ottawa. not interested in anisimov though.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
I'd be interested in a shuffling the deck chairs trade with Ottawa. not interested in anisimov though.

Should have specified that I meant in a separate trade (i.e Pageau to a contender for a 2nd+ and Sens use freed up money to take on Rask +
Greenway).

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Should have specified that I meant in a separate trade (i.e Pageau to a contender for a 2nd+ and Sens use freed up money to take on Rask +
Greenway).
The problem is rask is a cheap buyout after this season, so I doubt we pay greenway to get rid of him.

stempniaksen

Oct 12, 2008
The problem is rask is a cheap buyout after this season, so I doubt we pay greenway to get rid of him.

Totally fair. Same idea with Donato as well? There was some rumours at the deadline last year of a Pageau/Donata swap before you guys dealt Coyle to the Bruins.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
Totally fair. Same idea with Donato as well? There was some rumours at the deadline last year of a Pageau/Donata swap before you guys dealt Coyle to the Bruins.
Personally I'd make donato, greenway. or JEE available if it improves the wild. Also we seem to want cap space for some reason.

TheGoalJudge

Feb 12, 2007
The Wild are better off attaching someone like Brodin who will be a UFA after next year. Habs would take Brodin and Rask and give you back young players and picks.

nstarjim

Jul 5, 2018
The Wild are better off attaching someone like Brodin who will be a UFA after next year. Habs would take Brodin and Rask and give you back young players and picks.
I'd probably do belpidio or seeler. not brodin. as I said earlier rask is a cheap buy out after this season, unless what is coming back is good.

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

I wouldn't use Brodin to get rid of Rask, but it would of course depend on the return. If the idea is that values even out to a 2nd rounder or something, then very much no thanks.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Not the top ones.

And there'd be no point for Minny to it without getting a top piece. They aren't going to move Brodin for secondary pieces.

Plus, Rask is solely a buy-out candidate/AHL depth to Montreal. He's not supplanting Danault or Domi, each of Kotkaniemi, Poehling and Suzuki will see/likely need to see reps at center in the NHL now or in the not to distant future, and Thompson (and possibly Evans in the AHL) fit a 4th line C role at a better cost point.

Rask can at least serve a role for other teams (or even the Wild), he's entirely unnecessary for Montreal.

Reactions: mazmin

mazmin

Wig like a mink skin, soft like Twinkie dough
May 15, 2004
Winnipeg
I think Minny should stop trading for a while and take a hard look at what they have. If they fail miserably they get a good pick in a good draft. Recent trades haven't been kind and it's starting to get to degenerate gambler stage: "just one more spin... luck is around the corner!"

If they have no chance at the playoffs they should sell at the deadline to bolster the future. But I'd stand pat until then.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad