Rumor: Wild looking to attach a young player to trade a bad contract?

GhostfaceWu

Shi Shaw
Feb 11, 2015
So Rask ya nobody is doing that and how awful would the trade look if its Nino plus young player just to rid themselves of that contract?

rynryn

Reluctant Optimist. Permanently Déclassé.
May 29, 2008
Minny
Not sure what kind of sense this makes unless it's a rebuild and we're trading for picks. Still though a young guy? Probably not one that can play center based on our lack there. Greenway? Which bad contract though lol.

Bazeek

Registered Lurker
Sponsor
Jul 26, 2011
Exiled in Madison
I wouldn't even really have Rask in the Bad Contract column right now. It's not a good contract, but in limited games he's been fine and we're not exactly flush with quality centers. I wouldn't miss him, but I wouldn't pay to move him either.

Even conceptually this seems like exactly the wrong time of the year to try to pawn off a bad contract.

MMC

Global Moderator
May 11, 2014
Orange County, CA
Not only can we not afford that when Larsson and Nygard come back, I’m not sure getting anchored to Rask for three seasons is at all a wise move - Fiala or no Fiala.
Fair, I wasn't really suggesting that deal would happen, just that it's what I would envision a trade like this would look like.

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Is this source even reliable? Seems like it’s just speculation.

In any case, I’d imagine that the bad contract is Zuccarello and the young player probably isn’t Fiala or Kunin. More likely Greenway or Donato.

Langdon Alger

Apr 19, 2006
Is this source even reliable? Seems like it’s just speculation.

In any case, I’d imagine that the bad contract is Zuccarello and the young player probably isn’t Fiala or Kunin. More likely Greenway or Donato.

They want to give up on Zucc already?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
They want to give up on Zucc already?

I hope so

But what I mean is, he and Rask are the only two with bad contracts that are also moveable. Parise and Suter are the other two, and they can’t be moved due to recapture.

I suppose Spurgeon could be the bad contract, but I’d rather keep him with how low his value is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad