Rumor: Wild looking to attach a young player to trade a bad contract?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Which of Donato, Eriksson Ek, Fiala, Greenway and Kunin would you want to keep? They are all different versions of disappointing. As far as I can tell the only pending free agent on the Wild that is worth paying is Brodin, and the Wild probably have money to do that. They also have so few good forwards that they could go 4/4 in the expansion draft and not lose anyone that you would really worry about. At this point they don't need to strategize the cap or the expansion draft intensively because they don't have enough talent to make either of those a big deal. I suppose we could shed payroll to go after a marquee free agent but that is a fools game in the modern NHL as we have seen.

I would keep Kunin, Fiala and Eriksson Ek. Greenway could have some real value in the right situation. Donato seems to be the weakest link.

I also don’t think it’s fair to judge some of these guys based off their performance on this team at this age. Which is probably why Guerin isn’t in a hurry to ship any of them off.

Frankly, Fiala should be the last of them to move considering what he did in Nashville. Kunin is showing some actual offensive ability, especially considering the circumstances. I really liked the way Ek was playing before he went on the IR, and he’s a center, so I’d rather take the chance that he can become a solid middle 6 guy like Haula was for us.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad