Confirmed with Link: Wild buying out Parise and Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
If he signs then yes he would be a part of the pipeline.

If Soucy doesn’t get chosen maybe it’ll calm everyone down :laugh:

If Soucy gets chosen, we lost 2 of our top 5 defensemen in the span of a week and gained zero assets, 4 years of additional cap through 2029, and will roll into next season with $1.5M FAs and rookies who haven’t proven anything.

Forgive *some* us for not being, “calm.” Gutting our top 5 defense could (I think will) expose our goaltending, bring our PK from elite to middle of the pack, and I know that FA is not over, but if nothing changes this team is a lottery team next season.

Last edited:
Reactions: 57special

WildisLaw

The curse is real
Jan 19, 2010
Cali
If Soucy gets chosen, we lost 2 of our top 5 defensemen in the span of a week and gained zero assets, 4 years of additional cap through 2029, and will roll into next season with $1.5M FAs and rookies who haven’t proven anything.

Then you pickup up someone else through trade or FA. It’s not a big deal. Guerin already said he’s adding defense in some form regardless of what happens in the ED.

Jesus comma Brodin

Effing Norris-Byng Brodin
Feb 22, 2013
Minnesota
Then you pickup up someone else through trade or FA. It’s not a big deal. Guerin already said he’s adding defense in some form regardless of what happens in the ED.

Well he has to add defense, we literally won’t have enough to put a team on the ice. But if you think who he is going to add is going to be an improvement or even on the same level, then we simply disagree.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
If he signs then yes he would be a part of the pipeline.

If Soucy doesn’t get chosen maybe it’ll calm everyone down :laugh:
If you're not talking about Menell then what pipeline are you talking about?

AKL

Danila Yurov Fan Club President
Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012

Forgive *some* us for not being, “calm.” Gutting our top 5 defense could (I think will) expose our goaltending, bring our PK from elite to middle of the pack, and I know that FA is not over, but if nothing changes this team is a lottery team next season.

#culture

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I thought we were "trusting the pipeline'?

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
I'm fine with a bigger retool/rebuild, but if that's the plan, don't lie to everyone and say you're trying to win as much as soon as possible, and actually get some picks and prospects back.

Reactions: Jesus comma Brodin

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota

Please don't get my hopes up, we're a bubble team with no future until proven otherwise.

Reactions: AKL

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
He also has to know that there's a good chance this move gets him fired
Agreed with most of your post, just not this part. I think Guerin is going to be given multiple years to play this out from this point.

He just talked the owner into several years of dead cap without the benefit of a few still decent to ok years from said player.

This isn't going to result in a quick trigger firing. If he fails to navigate the troubled cap waters though, this could result in said firing 4-5 years from now.

Just not as soon as next year.

I'm fine with a bigger retool/rebuild, but if that's the plan, don't lie to everyone and say you're trying to win as much as soon as possible, and actually get some picks and prospects back.
Meh... it's rare for a GM to tell the fans "it's going to be a painful few years, we're not going to be very good".

Tough to sell short term hope and get butts back in the seats that way.

AKL

Sponsor
Dec 10, 2012
Meh... it's rare for a GM to tell the fans "it's going to be a painful few years, we're not going to be very good".

Tough to sell short term hope and get butts back in the seats that way.

Yeah, so, I'm less concerned with his words, it's his actions to me that don't add up.

Reactions: TaLoN

guitarhunterdude

Jan 2, 2017
'Sota
Yeah, so, I'm less concerned with his words, it's his actions to me that don't add up.
Billy Bubble Team is gonna find a way to be competitive AND rebuild the team, just you watch

(he has no idea what he's doing but hey at least we have Brackett so I think we'll come out of the next 4 years w/ some decent prospects even if we never bottom out)

Reactions: AKL

JP Flow

May 1, 2019
Out East
This. You don’t have to tell me exactly which direction you’re going, but I would like to see some sort of consistency in philosophy in terms of what this team is meant to be.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Where are you hearing this?

I would assume it from KFAN, "Saturday's with Sauce" from this past Saturday. I got it on the way up to St. Cloud, Paul and Nordo talking about how they were all told to shut up the entire time Parise/Suter were on the Wild. This included Paul Allen, Falness, etc. that they were not allowed to say anything which criticized either player or risk the "shunning" of KFAN from being able to do interviews or other Wild pressor things (vox in the box). They both went on to say that it was a relief they are both gone because of how stressful it was to try and cover the Wild while Parise/Suter were here and that they are glad people (journalist and radio personalities/analysts) were finally able to air out what it was like over the last 9 years.

That is my assumption of what the original commenter was getting at -- and naturally that is a paraphrase from the show. It was at roughly the 12:15pm mark if you find a podcast/recap of it and want to hear it for yourself.

Reactions: Victorious Secret

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I would assume it from KFAN, "Saturday's with Sauce" from this past Saturday. I got it on the way up to St. Cloud, Paul and Nordo talking about how they were all told to shut up the entire time Parise/Suter were on the Wild. This included Paul Allen, Falness, etc. that they were not allowed to say anything which criticized either player or risk the "shunning" of KFAN from being able to do interviews or other Wild pressor things (vox in the box). They both went on to say that it was a relief they are both gone because of how stressful it was to try and cover the Wild while Parise/Suter were here and that they are glad people (journalist and radio personalities/analysts) were finally able to air out what it was like over the last 9 years.

That is my assumption of what the original commenter was getting at -- and naturally that is a paraphrase from the show. It was at roughly the 12:15pm mark if you find a podcast/recap of it and want to hear it for yourself.
I have socks that are smarter and more informed than anyone at KFAN

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
But if it’s them saying what they were told to do, it’s not really an “informed” issue.
Who would've been the people to tell them not to rip Parise/Suter? Do you think it might be the same people telling them to shit on Parise/Suter now that they're gone?

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta
Who would've been the people to tell them not to rip Parise/Suter? Do you think it might be the same people telling them to shit on Parise/Suter now that they're gone?

I don't know. I think I'd just lean towards them probably having some stories they could tell, especially with how close they've gotten to the Zuckers.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don't know. I think I'd just lean towards them probably having some stories they could tell, especially with how close they've gotten to the Zuckers.
I'm sure they do. I'm just not interested in hearing the "opinion" of anyone who is clearly willing to sell that "opinion" to the people they work for.

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
I'm sure they do. I'm just not interested in hearing the "opinion" of anyone who is clearly willing to sell that "opinion" to the people they work for.
And, just others are interested. It's ok to let others discuss it if it doesn't interest you. It's a subject many find interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad