Confirmed with Link: Wild buying out Parise and Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
And, just others are interested. It's ok to let others discuss it if it doesn't interest you. It's a subject many find interesting.
Where do you see me telling anyone what they should or shouldn't talk about?

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I would assume it from KFAN, "Saturday's with Sauce" from this past Saturday. I got it on the way up to St. Cloud, Paul and Nordo talking about how they were all told to shut up the entire time Parise/Suter were on the Wild. This included Paul Allen, Falness, etc. that they were not allowed to say anything which criticized either player or risk the "shunning" of KFAN from being able to do interviews or other Wild pressor things (vox in the box). They both went on to say that it was a relief they are both gone because of how stressful it was to try and cover the Wild while Parise/Suter were here and that they are glad people (journalist and radio personalities/analysts) were finally able to air out what it was like over the last 9 years.

That is my assumption of what the original commenter was getting at -- and naturally that is a paraphrase from the show. It was at roughly the 12:15pm mark if you find a podcast/recap of it and want to hear it for yourself.
It was around the 26:00 mark. They hinted pretty strongly that both of them weren't the best team mates..."awful teammates" was one phrase used, and that in their whole time here that they were told to leave them alone. They also speculated that Guerin was the type of guy who had "no time for that", and that's one reason that Suter was gone, also.

Reactions: BigT2002 and TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
It was around the 26:00 mark. They hinted pretty strongly that both of them weren't the best team mates..."awful teammates" was one phrase used, and that in their whole time here that they were told to leave them alone. They also speculated that Guerin was the type of guy who had "no time for that", and that's one reason that Suter was gone, also.
The more I heart about some of this stuff, the more clear it becomes that the hints over the years of locker room problems likely had some meat on those bones, and weren't just complete baseless speculation.

I wonder if we'll ever get any true insight into how things were though, or just more side stuff like this.

Pretty damning though to have people instructed to steer clear of criticizing certain players for.... "reasons".

No player should be immune to criticism.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere

That sounds about right. I was driving, so vaguely looked down right when I was getting on 94.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
What incentive would they have to lie? Especially a guy like Sauce...

Kind of my reasoning behind even posting what I believed to be where this discussion came from. Paul has made it pretty clear in the past that hockey is just barely above soccer for his enjoyment factor. The Wild get about 5% of air time on KFAN from 0500-1830, with many of the shows completely foregoing any news at all other than score updates.

Considering how close they are to Zucker, Alexis/Parrish/Zach all having some type of assistance with the Wild....I would not be surprised if it was all true and finally coming to light now that they've gotten the green light. It is essentially the same thing as Russo and Paul Fenton as soon as that firing was disclosed.

But it is all hearsay regardless of how we discuss it. None of them appear to be talking in a "first hand" account mantra.

Reactions: TaLoN

TaLoN

Red 5 standing by
Sponsor
May 30, 2010
Farmington, MN
But it is all hearsay regardless of how we discuss it. None of them appear to be talking in a "first hand" account mantra.
Which is why I'm wondering if we'll ever get the real story.

That said, where there is smoke there tends to be fire, and this has been putting out a lot of smoke for several years now... getting really hard to say there isn't a fire somewhere in this mess.

Last edited:

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
Which is why I'm wondering if we'll ever get the real story.

That said, where there is smoke there tends to be fire, and this has been putting out a lot of smoke for several years now... getting really hard to deny there isn't a fire somewhere in this mess.

Totally agree. Naturally, I'm with you from the standpoint I want closure on everything that transpired during their tenure in a "tell all" type fashion. But no one is dumb enough to burn that bridge and pee on the ashes.

Reactions: TaLoN

Ban Hammered

Disallowed & Inhibited
May 15, 2003
Totally agree. Naturally, I'm with you from the standpoint I want closure on everything that transpired during their tenure in a "tell all" type fashion. But no one is dumb enough to burn that bridge and pee on the ashes.
You sometimes get that after guys retire. Would be an interesting read that's for sure.

Reactions: BigT2002 and TaLoN

Minnesnota

Apr 20, 2017
Denver
I wonder if we'll get a Russo tell all/hit piece like he did for Fenton? Although I question whether or not Russo has the stones.

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
I wonder if we'll get a Russo tell all/hit piece like he did for Fenton? Although I question whether or not Russo has the stones.

Not sure. He really didn't say a peep about anyone else before these two being bought out in a negative fashion -- in terms of players that is. Most likely, the players are a huge piece of his source material and does not want to portray that he's going light them up in a piece much to 2Pair's point, to sell his opinion on the matter.

He didn't torch Fletcher when he left, nor Yeo or Bruce. Hell even Todd Richards was spared any type of mud really thrown at him. I think Fenton rubbed Russo the wrong way because of how Fenton dealt with him (and other journalists) and what the front office staff was probably alluding to Russo as well when it was all going down. Considering Fenton was only here for like a year, it makes sense he had to air it out too. GMs rarely get canned that fast.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
We likely won't hear the full story because it is also a bad look for the media involved, if it turns out that they censor themselves so as not to offend teams or certain players.

Kind of strange that we have to find things out from a guy called Meat Sauce, who knows about as much about hockey as my dog.

Reactions: TaLoN and BigT2002

BigT2002

Dec 6, 2006
Somwhere
We likely won't hear the full story because it is also a bad look for the media involved, if it turns out that they censor themselves so as not to offend teams or certain players.

I agree, but the devils advocate would be that the Wild are a private organization and can do whatever they see fit to protect their brand. If you get a rogue journalist who likes to make "hot takes" on Enquirer style articles, you're probably black balling them pretty quick. The Wild owe no favors to any of them...including Russo. Which is why I think the ones who are awfully close are going to keep their mouth shut about it. But that is why they have Souhan to flip that crap to, lol. He doesn't seem to really GAF.

57special

Sep 5, 2012
MN
Well, I figured the Souhan thing was a revenge piece because he had been blown off a time or two by Parise and/or Suter. Now that i hear a couple of other guys hint pretty strongly about it, it makes me wonder if the whispers and hints we have heard over the years going back to Yeo days were actually true.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
The same Russo that was still pushing Parise for captain last summer?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
The same Russo that was still pushing Parise for captain last summer?

Well back then he was in the mix with the other candidates. I'd say this was actually the turning point, when Spurgeon was named captain, Parise really didn't like that and things went sour between him and the front office.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Well back then he was in the mix with the other candidates. I'd say this was actually the turning point, when Spurgeon was named captain, Parise really didn't like that and things went sour between him and the front office.
This might come as a shock to you, but you're misinformed.

Or, are you actually suggesting that Parise went from "Captain material" to "get him off the f***ing team", in 1 season?

Webster

Zucc's buddy
Sponsor
Nov 7, 2017
This might come as a shock to you, but you're misinformed.

Or, are you actually suggesting that Parise went from "Captain material" to "get him off the f***ing team", in 1 season?

That's possible of course. If Guerin, who's been a captain himself, didn't see Parise as the best leader.

This was the lineup in one of those qualifier games against the Canucks, less than a year ago (Aug 7, 2020). Parise played top 6 minutes, everything was fine for him back then...

Greenway - Staal - Fiala
Parise - Eriksson Ek - Kunin
Foligno - Galchenyuk - Zuccarello
Donato - Koivu - Hartman

Dr Jan Itor

Dec 10, 2009
MinneSNOWta

Kind of strange that we have to find things out from a guy called Meat Sauce, who knows about as much about hockey as my dog.

He's in a spot to get a hell of a lot more out of Zucker than Russo would.

GordieGallant

Oct 6, 2020
East Metro, soon to be Up North.
He's in a spot to get a hell of a lot more out of Zucker than Russo would.
Well, I figured the Souhan thing was a revenge piece because he had been blown off a time or two by Parise and/or Suter. Now that i hear a couple of other guys hint pretty strongly about it, it makes me wonder if the whispers and hints we have heard over the years going back to Yeo days were actually true.
Ask Boudreau about the two. I wonder who will get Suter's parking spot now?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->