Confirmed with Link: Wild buying out Parise and Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Engebretson

Thank you, sweet rabbit
Nov 4, 2010
Minnesota
would find it hard to believe that a player that brought in his own PP coach would ever be a possibility for captain

Adam Oates addresses accusations about skills development coaching

"I presume my coaching days are over," Oates said.
"I understand that is an issue because I was a coach,” he said. "I’m not planning on coaching anymore. I enjoy working with players on their skills, making them better."
The second accusation, however, was a little more personal, the idea that some general managers would avoid acquiring a player employing Oates due to fears he's "poisoning" the relationship between players and teams.
"Not a chance, not a chance, not a chance," Oates said.

Just wanted to add some more context to this one, because I see it get brought up a lot. NHL Players hiring personal skills coaches isn't exactly uncommon, especially in the offseason. Oates, at the time, also had some guy named Steven Stamkos as a client.

I'm not trying to say anyone is blameless here, as I think Parise/Suter should have had the foresight to speak with Yeo beforehand, but I think the main problem was Oates sitting in on a practice when the team was struggling in Yeo's last year. IMO, Yeo was already insecure about his job at the time and the stress of the situation got to him. I haven't seen any actual evidence showing that this was a malicious move by Parise to usurp Yeo, but again, I think Yeo took it too personal.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey

Just wanted to add some more context to this one, because I see it get brought up a lot. NHL Players hiring personal skills coaches isn't exactly uncommon, especially in the offseason. Oates, at the time, also had some guy named Steven Stamkos as a client.

I'm not trying to say anyone is blameless here, as I think Parise/Suter should have had the foresight to speak with Yeo beforehand, but I think the main problem was Oates sitting in on a practice when the team was struggling in Yeo's last year. IMO, Yeo was already insecure about his job at the time and the stress of the situation got to him. I haven't seen any actual evidence showing that this was a malicious move by Parise to usurp Yeo, but again, I think Yeo took it too personal.
Yeah I always thought the whole Parise/oates thing was a large nothing burger that till this day people won't stop talking about.

Mickey the mouse

Jun 30, 2013

Complete BS by Oates.

He for sure poisons his players about other players on their line, tells them who to avoid and play with, and to be selfish

He has plenty of high profile clients paying him in the 6 figures range

Reactions: 2Pair

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
I don’t buy that this guy was a locker room cancer that needed to go.
Me, neither. Seems way too convenient of a story that lets Guerin off the hook. Maybe he was a bit standoffish with reporters, maybe he had more of a relationship with Liepold than other players on the team, maybe he was confident in his abilities. It's a long way from those situations to being a "cancer". If he was, it would've been addressed years ago.

Reactions: Spurgeon

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I don’t buy that this guy was a locker room cancer that needed to go.
Guerin has now run off Koivu, Staal, Suter, and Parise all because of locker room issues. At what point do we wonder if Guerin is the issue? What if Suter's "issues" were simply Suter telling Guerin to get his head out of his ass and find them a center or two?

He has also thrown away 2 quality prospects for nothing and is in the middle of f***ing up contract negotiations with his 2 best players.

Reactions: MNState0fHockey

nickschultzfan

Jan 7, 2009
Guerin has now run off Koivu, Staal, Suter, and Parise all because of locker room issues. At what point do we wonder if Guerin is the issue? What if Suter's "issues" were simply Suter telling Guerin to get his head out of his ass and find them a center or two?

He has also thrown away 2 quality prospects for nothing and is in the middle of f***ing up contract negotiations with his 2 best players.
That group never won.

Last season was the most promising season in 5+ years.

57special

Posting the right way since 2012.
Sep 5, 2012
MN
Really, getting rid of Suter was in line with what he did with Staal, Koivu, Dubnyk, Parise...

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
Really, getting rid of Suter was in line with what he did with Staal, Koivu, Dubnyk, Parise...

Except Koivu wasn't re-signed, Staal - was...just bad, but his play had dropped off, Dubnyk's play had dropped off a cliff and so did Parise. Suter's play didn't really decline.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That only works if he is injured. The problem is that he is a) healthy and b) would still need to waive his NMC
LTIR is a better option for the player than retirement. Meaning that recapture wouldn't be an issue

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
LTIR is a better option for the player than retirement. Meaning that recapture wouldn't be an issue

That only works if the player is injured and willing to go on LTIR. If he is healthy and wants to play, there is nothing BG can do other than make him a healthy scratch like Parise was.

HotDish

Win it for Hynes
Aug 17, 2020
The State of Hockey
That only works if he is injured. The problem is that he is a) healthy and b) would still need to waive his NMC
That why I said, "Find a way"

5hzznq.jpg

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad