Confirmed with Link: Wild buying out Parise and Suter

Status
Not open for further replies.

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
That only works if the player is injured and willing to go on LTIR. If he is healthy and wants to play, there is nothing BG can do other than make him a healthy scratch like Parise was.
If the player is going to retire, then of course he would be willing to go on LTIR. If he's healthy and wants to play, then recapture isn't an issue

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
If the player is going to retire, then of course he would be willing to go on LTIR.

The fact that Suter just signed a 4 year contract with Dallas kind of says that he's not ready to retire, no?

thestonedkoala

Going Dark
Aug 27, 2004
That way I said, "Find a way"

5hzznq.jpg

Perfect.

MuckOG

May 18, 2012
Then cap recapture isn't an issue. No?

Because none of us has a crystal ball, there would always be the threat of recapture hanging over this franchise until Suter's contract expired. Which means BG would need to keep enough cap space available in the event that Suter did decide to retire. I don't think he would retire, but the threat would always be there.

That being said, I was surprised as anyone that he was bought out. And even though I don't even agree it...there is a case to be made as to why he did it.

Reactions: W75

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
Because none of us has a crystal ball, there would always be the threat of recapture hanging over this franchise until Suter's contract expired. Which means BG would need to keep enough cap space available in the event that Suter did decide to retire. I don't think he would retire, but the threat would always be there.

That being said, I was surprised as anyone that he was bought out. And even though I don't even agree it...there is a case to be made as to why he did it.
It's called communication. "hey if you get to the point that you don't want to play anymore, just give us a call and we can pay you $1M to do the same thing as retiring".

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
Guerin has now run off Koivu, Staal, Suter, and Parise all because of locker room issues. At what point do we wonder if Guerin is the issue? What if Suter's "issues" were simply Suter telling Guerin to get his head out of his ass and find them a center or two?

He has also thrown away 2 quality prospects for nothing and is in the middle of f***ing up contract negotiations with his 2 best players.
I disagree. This year was the first time I’ve seen any semblance of the Wild playing with a team first mentality. Not necessarily Suter/Koivu/Parisrs fault they were treated/acted like princesses. I think Leopold had a lot to do with it.

Reactions: Rask Decisions

2Pair

Oct 8, 2017
I disagree. This year was the first time I’ve seen any semblance of the Wild playing with a team first mentality. Not necessarily Suter/Koivu/Parisrs fault they were treated/acted like princesses. I think Leopold had a lot to do with it.
You think Craig leipold had a lot to do with how the team played on the ice? Seriously?

63firebird

Apr 6, 2018
You think Craig leipold had a lot to do with how the team played on the ice? Seriously?
Well you’re correct I could be all wet because I have no way of knowing how much influence Leopold has. What I did see this year was the first time that the wild had a team mentality. Granted yo was a weak coach but it seems like Boudreau just followed in the same footsteps making the same moves. Now it seems like they’re trying to actually move in the right direction and create a franchise that has some respectability. You could be right it could totally backfire but I know that if you don’t have a team mentality with a coach in charge you’re never going to win anything.

Reactions: Rask Decisions

JP Flow

May 1, 2019
Out East
If I were an agent, and my client had just been bought out, for reasons the GM can’t seem to articulate, and there is fairly widespread speculation that the reason for my client’s buyout was because of locker-room issues, I’d be pushing him to write a heartfelt letter to the fans, too.

None of that is to say Suter was a problem in the locker room or is being disingenuous (I have first-hand knowledge of neither), but looking at it from the media side of things, a good agent would be working to enhance his client’s image as much as possible under the circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad