Why is USA spitting out big talents out of sudden?

keonsbitterness

Sep 14, 2010
south of Steeles
Ok...I don't see the problem.

All of the world's best players are exports unless you're English, Spanish, French, German, or Italian. Following the big 5 isn't unique to American fans at all. Do you have any idea how many former-Yugoslav Liverpool fans I know?

That doesn't stop programs in South America or in other parts of Europe from having success.
Difference is soccer is the number one sport in those countries, has been for decades, and therefore attracts most of the best athletes. To achieve that status in the United States, MLS would have to pass or at least approach the NFL, NBA, MLB, PGA, etc.

I don't see that ever happening.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
With Donovan on the team, the US scores 2 or 3 more goals and maybe gets to the quarterfinals.

The reality is though that at the time he was dropped he hadn't scored a single goal in the MLS or for the USMNT that season. No goal in more than seven months. Whether you agree with the decision or not, most top managers would likely have done the same. In Dempsey and Wondolowski there was the veteran presence in better form, Aron had been red hot in the Eredivisie, and Altidore brought more versatility. Julian Green was the wildcard but he delivered.

Machinehead

GoAwayTrouba
Jan 21, 2011
NYC
Not unless the MLS can compete with the NFL, NBA, MLB, PGA, college football and college basketball in terms of national broadcast revenues. Until then, the MLS will remain a niche sport, and will only be able to attract a limited number of prime American athletes. Even if the U.S. produced a Messi and a Ronaldo tomorrow, they'd be off to Europe as soon as they could, and thus of limited benefit to MLS.
Now they only need a major tv deal for La Liga and the NT might have a chance.
Well if we're talking about the national team winning anything, it would have to reach that level but there's less than ten national teams that actually win anything.

I'm talking about big American talents becoming more commonplace and the fact that having a couple these days was a long time coming.

Pavel Buchnevich

Drury and Laviolette Must Go
Dec 8, 2013
New York
I totally spaced that they didn't make it in 2018. 2.5 years later they have better prospects than Spain, Argentina who else? Someone is watching too much Rockey imo.

What does 2018 have to do with players who weren’t playing back then? It appears like you are looking at this too emotionally.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
This is beyond ironic.

I don’t need to take direction from someone who constantly says they don’t like international football and doesn’t root for their country, despite talking about it a lot.

@Duchene2MacKinnon is taking this so personally. He inserted this discussion isn’t a completely unrelated topic. Now he keeps going on this topic about how he can’t accept that someone views it differently than he does, even though he hasn’t put forth a real argument against what’s been said when the discussion comes up.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
I don’t need to take direction from someone who constantly says they don’t like international football and doesn’t root for their country, despite talking about it a lot.

@Duchene2MacKinnon is taking this so personally. He inserted this discussion isn’t a completely unrelated topic. Now he keeps going on this topic about how he can’t accept that someone views it differently than he does, even though he hasn’t put forth a real argument against what’s been said when the discussion comes up.

You have to be joking though. Literally the only reason you could possibly think the US has prospects as good as you claim, is purely nationalistic emotion and nothing more. There is absolutely no empirical proof to back up any of your claims and our attack is entirely reliant on one player for one thing. Your opinion is literally nothing but emotions. And then to cap it all off you get butthurt. I said that I don't agree with a lot of the things this country stands for, and as a result I'd rather my club team win than the country. That's what I said. Not anything that you said.

But just to explain what I meant by that, and when I started feeling this way about the national team, we can go back to when the national team was rumored to be hiring a Mexican coach (who I thought we needed), and that's really when I started to feel this way. There's nothing wrong with me feeling this way, the whole world knows it, Americans routinely cover themselves in racism in their reactions to things like that, and EVERYONE knows it. I'm comfortable with not being like that.

Also, I like international football but it shouldn't be played in season, where a club can lose six extremely highly paid players in a week through no fault of their own, during the middle of their own campaign. That's not right. Now that I've fully explained my position I'm looking forward to you lying some more because that's really all you can bring to the table on this subject.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006

Still waiting on answer here. Argentina's weak production is still better than anything USA has ever produced. Think of a player like Otamendi or Correa I think they straight trash yet they would be right up there with the greatest players AMerica ever produced. THere is levels to this and they simply do not match. Beyond insane to even suggest AMerica can topple SPain/Argentina. My favortie line is Argentina is in decline where do you come up with this?

Im not being emotional at all. I know where Argentina stand and Im content with it. Very conservative with their prospects but sometimes even then get them wrong. Have no issue with it..

What does 2018 have to do with players who weren’t playing back then? It appears like you are looking at this too emotionally.

How does a country not make the WC but 2.5 becomes a powerhouse when they have never been so before. A very valid question imo.

Bure80

Jun 27, 2011
Difference is soccer is the number one sport in those countries, has been for decades, and therefore attracts most of the best athletes. To achieve that status in the United States, MLS would have to pass or at least approach the NFL, NBA, MLB, PGA, etc.

I don't see that ever happening.

Would the average NFL or NBA player be good at soccer? I dont think so. For Football or Basketball you need a different physique as for soccer.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Would the average NFL or NBA player be good at soccer? I dont think so. For Football or Basketball you need a different physique as for soccer.

Yeah, the idea that every other country has their best athletes playing soccer is pretty ludicrous. Some play tennis, basketball, rugby, they run, or they fight. It's just a convenient excuse for some US fans to say that our best athletes aren't playing, so what do we expect? It just isn't the case though. What really matters is youth coaching. The US is getting better at it, but regardless. We need great youth coaches. Teaching kids how and when to pass the ball is more important than athletic measurements. For those kids to be disciplined enough to follow those instructions is important too.

The US is able to dominate so many other sports that it just seems goofy to put it all down to athletics. I swear I read this stuff all the time when it comes to why US men's tennis players aren't as good as they used to be. Well, look at who's coaching/developing the players and that speaks for itself and explains the whole thing. I think overall that people really underestimate the impact of youth development when it comes to all sports. When I played high school football, our DB's coach developed three kids that went straight to play in the Pac-12 at different schools. This coach spent a massive amount of time with these players teaching technique, especially when and how to turn your hips. Two of them went to the NFL and won Super Bowls as starters. The other one went to play for Arizona, which never has good coaching, and he didn't go anywhere after that. Our other position coaches had nowhere near that level of efficiency despite having players with similar athletic ability. We had a 6'7 300 pound guy who was in great shape for his size, but too poorly coached and with poor footwork to play at a high level.

And the main reason why the US won't be as good as it could be, is because people in the US are unilaterally focused on how athletic someone is. And this applies to all sports the US is good in. Well, in this one athletics is only part of it and we struggle. It pretty much speaks for itself.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
You have to be joking though. Literally the only reason you could possibly think the US has prospects as good as you claim, is purely nationalistic emotion and nothing more. There is absolutely no empirical proof to back up any of your claims and our attack is entirely reliant on one player for one thing. Your opinion is literally nothing but emotions. And then to cap it all off you get butthurt. I said that I don't agree with a lot of the things this country stands for, and as a result I'd rather my club team win than the country. That's what I said. Not anything that you said.

But just to explain what I meant by that, and when I started feeling this way about the national team, we can go back to when the national team was rumored to be hiring a Mexican coach (who I thought we needed), and that's really when I started to feel this way. There's nothing wrong with me feeling this way, the whole world knows it, Americans routinely cover themselves in racism in their reactions to things like that, and EVERYONE knows it. I'm comfortable with not being like that.

Also, I like international football but it shouldn't be played in season, where a club can lose six extremely highly paid players in a week through no fault of their own, during the middle of their own campaign. That's not right. Now that I've fully explained my position I'm looking forward to you lying some more because that's really all you can bring to the table on this subject.

You are now getting angry because my argument isn’t one you support. You might actually be the one whose getting over-emotional about this.

You are allowed to disagree, but if you do so, address the topic. Trying to discredit me doesn’t discredit the argument. I’ll say it once again though. You or anyone can try to discredit my argument. So far, no one has tried. No one has to, but let’s then stop the passive aggressive comments like @Duchene2MacKinnon made yesterday or your outburst against me here today.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
You are now getting angry because my argument isn’t one you support. You might actually be the one whose getting over-emotional about this.

You are allowed to disagree, but if you do so, address the topic. Trying to discredit me doesn’t discredit the argument. I’ll say it once again though. You or anyone can try to discredit my argument. So far, no one has tried. No one has to, but let’s then stop the passive aggressive comments like @Duchene2MacKinnon made yesterday or your outburst against me here today.
I made passive aggressive comments at you?

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York

Still waiting on answer here. Argentina's weak production is still better than anything USA has ever produced. Think of a player like Otamendi or Correa I think they straight trash yet they would be right up there with the greatest players AMerica ever produced. THere is levels to this and they simply do not match. Beyond insane to even suggest AMerica can topple SPain/Argentina. My favortie line is Argentina is in decline where do you come up with this?

I don't know why you are acting like we haven't already discussed this topic before. Here was what you asked me earlier in the thread. Mind you, we also discussed this pretty thoroughly months ago.

Please elaborate how US has a better pipeline than Argentina?

Here was my answer.

They don't have a Messi. Nothing wrong about what I said. Messi has carried Argentina's generation for like 10-15 years. More recent Argentine products haven't been that great. We went over this months ago. I believe the discussion was transfermarkt values for top U23 players, and USA was objectively higher.

Look at the amount of U23 regular players on the UCL Last 16 teams, what are supposed to be the 16 best club teams in the world. 1 from Argentina (Romero), 5 from USA (Pulisic, Reyna, McKennie, Adams, Dest). How many countries have more than 5 U23 regulars from the Last 16 of the UCL? I don't have the time to go through every country, but I'd guess USA is top 6-7 in this measure among all countries.

You can write it off as nothing, like apparently all these measures are written off, but the point remains that the indicators there for future success indicate the USA is moving their way up towards that top tier. Meanwhile, Argentina is moving their way in the other direction. Does it mean USA will be better than Argentina eventually? Maybe or maybe not, but to suggest its ludicrous is in fact ludicrous.

Your response is this.

1. Objective websites that measure player value are biased.

You never explained how they are biased, but apparently they are. How do you want me to respond to that? Transfermarkt isn't an American website. If objective measures are too biased to be used, what can be used?

What the hell is transmarkt? Honestly how is that any to hang anyone's hat on? Not only that its heavily biased. Even with Argentina prospects not being that great there is little chance the best American player who is Pullisic? Hits the heights of a Dybala who is considered "weak".

2. The measures I've highlighted are cherry picked.

I'm not really sure what's a good measure if the ones that don't fit your argument are going to be called cherry-picked. There's no ultra-official way to determine the subject of whose producing better players.

Again this just cherry picking things to paint a narrative. Argentina still produce more high end talent and at a far bigger clip.

3. I don't know what I'm talking about.

The oldest argument in the book that stifles debate. There's no real way to respond to something like this. However, you should note that I didn't start giving a subjective opinion on certain players. I used objective measures that are predictive of success. I'm not sure how citing those is evidence that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Argentine prospects.

Here highlights how little you know about Argentina's prospects. It very much on the rise. Pretty spectacular you think its declining. Im not one for lists but I posted on the prospects thread few months back. USA cant touch their depth nor their high end production.

So I'll ask again. Please make a coherent argument that addresses the things I've suggested instead of trying to stifle the debate on these topics. I'd be very willing to debate this, but if the responses are going to be the measures I cite are biased, I'm cherry-picking measures, and I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't know that you are making a real attempt to debate this topic.

And you don't have to debate the topic, but don't then try to passive-aggressively bring the topic up in jest in another thread for a completely unrelated discussion because you didn't like how this discussion went.

Im not being emotional at all. I know where Argentina stand and Im content with it. Very conservative with their prospects but sometimes even then get them wrong. Have no issue with it..

Good. Then there's no reason to be so upset if someone disagrees with you. You shouldn't need to constantly mention the topic of disagreement, one which you yourself tried to stifle debate on.

How does a country not make the WC but 2.5 becomes a powerhouse when they have never been so before. A very valid question imo.

You are now conflating the discussion.

The title of the thread is

"Why is USA spitting out big talents out of sudden?"

I suspect the title is referencing that the USA is starting to produce a level and quantity of player that hasn't been produced before. I suspect it's referencing younger players, considering no one is suggesting that the USA's current in-their-prime generation has many or any big talents.

As I suggested to you in responding to your claim where you were shocked to learn the USA missed the last World Cup, I'm not sure how missing the World Cup in 2018 means you can't produce a higher quality and quantity of players. It's not as if the players who were already on their way to being professional footballers stopped playing because the USA missed the 2018 World Cup.

And for what it's worth, USA has made 7 of the last 8 WC's. Netherlands has made 6 of 8. Belgium has made 6 of 8. Uruguay has made 5 of 8. Colombia has made 5 of 8. England has made 7 of 8. Portugal has made 5 of 8. France has made 6 of 8. Mexico has made 7 of 8.

There are only 5 countries who've made the last 8 WC's, so to suggest missing one WC means a country cannot years later start producing better players is ridiculous.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I made passive aggressive comments at you?

Fiorentina more like Argentina.

It would be a shrewd move by either team. Too bad Argentina is on the decline.

this might trigger the move to see Manu get their guy.

Do you want to claim this wasn't referencing this discussion? It was in another thread. I didn't make any comment on this player transferring to Fiorentina. It wasn't a topic in that thread. You didn't tag me either. Yes, I believe thats passive-aggressive.

I could've responded, but I let you take a subtle shot at me. However, let's not act like it didn't happen.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA

I said plenty on the second and third page. In case you've missed it because you weren't old enough, we've had a really strong team that should have made the SF of the World Cup. You didn’t say anything. These kids have shown me literally nothing when playing together to prove they're on that level.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I said plenty on the second and third page. In case you've missed it because you weren't old enough, we've had a really strong team that should have made the SF of the World Cup. You didn’t say anything. These kids have shown me literally nothing when playing together to prove they're on that level.

For what it's worth, I was old enough. I watched the 2002 world cup, but once again, you try to come after me instead of my argument.

Why don't you make the case for Argentina's up and coming generation over the American one? You took exception to that, but haven't explained why.

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Here was my answer.

Your response is this.

1. Objective websites that measure player value are biased.

You never explained how they are biased, but apparently they are. How do you want me to respond to that? Transfermarkt isn't an American website. If objective measures are too biased to be used, what can be used?

It’s a website a generic website. Not some official list taken like the gospel. Just look at other websites that rank prospects/players you’d see wild lists all the time. Hell do you really believe that Pedri is more valued than Pulisic? Pedri was valued at 16 million in October now he’s at 77 million. In the summer he was at 7 million. Life hits you fast.

2. The measures I've highlighted are cherry picked.

I'm not really sure what's a good measure if the ones that don't fit your argument are going to be called cherry-picked. There's no ultra-official way to determine the subject of whose producing better players.

A good measure is watching these kids play with something resembling critical thinking. You’re happy A few European teams have American players.... as you should but Argentina does this on the regular Paredes is playing for PSG I dont rate him at all. If he was AMerican you’d be on your knees to have a player with that talent. Like I said level to this.

3. I don't know what I'm talking about.

The oldest argument in the book that stifles debate. There's no real way to respond to something like this. However, you should note that I didn't start giving a subjective opinion on certain players. I used objective measures that are predictive of success. I'm not sure how citing those is evidence that I don't know what I'm talking about when it comes to Argentine prospects.

You said Argentina are on the decline please show me how, when all the indicators suggest the opposite? The are producing players in almost every position. Multiple defenders, Midfielders and attackers. Will they all pan out not likely but some will.

So I'll ask again. Please make a coherent argument that addresses the things I've suggested instead of trying to stifle the debate on these topics. I'd be very willing to debate this, but if the responses are going to be the measures I cite are biased, I'm cherry-picking measures, and I don't know what I'm talking about, I don't know that you are making a real attempt to debate this topic.

List your best 10 prospects then match it up with Argentina. Then laugh at your homerism.

And you don't have to debate the topic, but don't then try to passive-aggressively bring the topic up in jest in another thread for a completely unrelated discussion because you didn't like how this discussion went.

Oh no no I very much want to. American AB I just cant help myself. Its too much fun not to.

As I suggested to you in responding to your claim where you were shocked to learn the USA missed the last World Cup, I'm not sure how missing the World Cup in 2018 means you can't produce a higher quality and quantity of players. It's not as if the players who were already on their way to being professional footballers stopped playing because the USA missed the 2018 World Cup.

And for what it's worth, USA has made 7 of the last 8 WC's. Netherlands has made 6 of 8. Belgium has made 6 of 8. Uruguay has made 5 of 8. Colombia has made 5 of 8. England has made 7 of 8. Portugal has made 5 of 8. France has made 6 of 8. Mexico has made 7 of 8.

There are only 5 countries who've made the last 8 WC's, so to suggest missing one WC means a country cannot years later start producing better players is ridiculous.

... And Argentina made the last 12 world cups lol. It’s quite the turn around from not making a WC to rubbing elbows with Footballs elites in just under 2 years.

Do you want to claim this wasn't referencing this discussion? It was in another thread. I didn't make any comment on this player transferring to Fiorentina. It wasn't a topic in that thread. You didn't tag me either. Yes, I believe thats passive-aggressive.

I could've responded, but I let you take a subtle shot at me. However, let's not act like it didn't happen.

Passive-aggressive or joking? You’re a homer and people will poke fun at your hot takes like SEPH, Ab and others. Deal with it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
For what it's worth, I was old enough. I watched the 2002 world cup, but once again, you try to come after me instead of my argument.

Why don't you make the case for Argentina's up and coming generation over the American one? You took exception to that, but haven't explained why.

I didn't take exception to that. I said what I thought about the US team solely and then I laughed at you claiming others are being emotional. Because it's comedy gold at this point. You have a lot more justifying to do the way I see it. Like, for example, explaining why all these academies who haven't yet produced quality finished products are guaranteed to have these prospects turn out as good players. That's just one thing I'd like to read. Another is why the shit coach will be able to put together good results because there's no proof he's even slightly capable of that. Getting humbled by Canada even should have made the homers realize that. And then simply beyond the results, they don't even play like a team and our best attacker is often injured and wildly inconsistent. His two goals this season are unfortunately proof of that. The team's attack is bang average in every other regard.

Of course I have no idea how you'd respond to this because it's all true and more importantly proven true.

Last edited:

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
It’s a website a generic website. Not some official list taken like the gospel. Just look at other websites that rank prospects/players you’d see wild lists all the time. Hell do you really believe that Pedri is more valued than Pulisic? Pedri was valued at 16 million in October now he’s at 77 million. In the summer he was at 7 million. Life hits you fast.

Who said its 100% agreeable?

It's still a good barometer for this type of discussion. If they think Pedri is very valuable, maybe he's very valuable. It's objective, not subjective. I'm sure you understand that difference.

A good measure is watching these kids play with something resembling critical thinking. You’re happy A few European teams have American players.... as you should but Argentina does this on the regular Paredes is playing for PSG I dont rate him at all. If he was AMerican you’d be on your knees to have a player with that talent. Like I said level to this.

But you entirely miss the point.

Paredes is 26 years old. He's in his prime. No one argued the US National Team is better than the Argentine National Team right now. That argument has never been put forward. The idea is that the USA might have a better crop of younger players, which is often predictive of future success.

You said Argentina are on the decline please show me how, when all the indicators suggest the opposite? The are producing players in almost every position. Multiple defenders, Midfielders and attackers. Will they all pan out not likely but some will.

First of all, why don't you explain how they aren't on the decline? I welcome all information you could provide me with. You know Argentina's team better than I do. I'm open to changing my mind. I always am when I come to this website.

As to my opinion that Argentina's on the decline, I think the easiest way to get an idea of future success is to look at the crop of younger players. Obviously there's no Messi, and Argentina will suffer because of it. Argentina will have to recalibrate their team. It's been built around one player for 10-15 years. Once they do recalibrate how they play, I think the quality in young players is simply a little lower than they've had at their best. When I look at the historically elite countries, I think Argentina's crop of younger players is behind that of France, England, Netherlands, Brazil, to name a few.

And if I was to analyze their crop of younger players compared to the other historically elite nations, I think they grade out towards the bottom of the list. Even a country like Spain that I think is a little weak compared to some prior generations has players such as Ansu Fati, Oyarzabal, Rodri, Eric Garcia, Unai Simon, Ferran Torres, Olmo, Pedri, Pau Torres. Maybe it's weaker than the Xavi, Iniesta, Busquets, Ramos generation, but it's still a crop of players that is going to be regulars for some of the top teams in the world. The same can be said with Germany. Maybe this isn't their vintage 2014 World Cup crop, but I think its quite clear that players such as Werner, Havertz, Moukoko, Wirtz, Neuhaus, Musiala, Sane are going to play for top teams in the world regularly.

Looking at Argentina's crop, outside of Lautaro, Romero, Lisandro Martinez, I'm not sure which players they have that are considered by most to be in that same category of player. I'm sure you will list off a bunch of players that you think can, but I have nothing against Argentina or any reason to rate their players lower than I should. I simply think the wider perception is that their up and coming crop is weaker.

List your best 10 prospects then match it up with Argentina. Then laugh at your homerism.

Name your parameters.

Passive-aggressive or joking? You’re a homer and people will poke fun at your hot takes like SEPH, Ab and others. Deal with it.

I will deal with it. I'm not really all that bothered. I try to be as respectful as possible in all discussions on this website. I'd hope that others would do the same, and I wouldn't have someone try to group me into a group of people they don't view as holding serious opinions worthy of respect, but I guess I now know that this discussion prompts you to attack me instead of my argument.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I didn't take exception to that. I said what I thought about the US team solely and then I laughed at you claiming others are being emotional. Because it's comedy gold at this point. You have a lot more justifying to do the way I see it. Like, for example, explaining why all these academies who haven't yet produced quality finished products are guaranteed to have these prospects turn out as good players. That's just one thing I'd like to read. Another is why the shit coach will be able to put together good results because there's no proof he's even slightly capable of that. Getting humbled by Canada even should have made the homers realize that. And then simply beyond the results, they don't even play like a team and our best attacker is often injured and wildly inconsistent. His two goals this season are unfortunately proof of that. The team's attack is bang average in every other regard.

Of course I have no idea how you'd respond to this because it's all true and more importantly proven true.

This post is all over the place.

First of all, I don't need to explain those things you asked. I didn't make those claims. If you want to call me out, you should at least be aware what you are calling out.

Second of all, I fully believe the poster I quoted is being over-emotional about this. I have a different opinion than him. Instead of respectfully disagreeing, he's now suggesting I'm part of a black-list of posters in this section whose opinion he can't take seriously. People tend to make rude claims towards others when their emotions get the best of them. Please explain what emotion I've displayed in my posts on this topic. Having an opinion on the topic is not proof.

Third, there's nothing I need to prove. I'm allowed to hold an opinion. I don't need to justify it until you agree with it. I have no problem agreeing to disagree with others on this topic. You tried to call me out. You are the one who took exception to what I said, not the other way around. I tried to justify my opinion. I backed it up many times. If you don't agree with it, thats not a problem. Please don't tell me though that I need to justify it. I absolutely don't need to. The fact that I do shows I tend to take arguments here in good faith that people here want to debate topics.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
This post is all over the place.

First of all, I don't need to explain those things you asked. I didn't make those claims. If you want to call me out, you should at least be aware what you are calling out.

Second of all, I fully believe the poster I quoted is being over-emotional about this. I have a different opinion than him. Instead of respectfully disagreeing, he's now suggesting I'm part of a black-list of posters in this section whose opinion he can't take seriously. People tend to make rude claims towards others when their emotions get the best of them. Please explain what emotion I've displayed in my posts on this topic. Having an opinion on the topic is not proof.

Third, there's nothing I need to prove. I'm allowed to hold an opinion. I don't need to justify it until you agree with it. I have no problem agreeing to disagree with others on this topic. You tried to call me out. You are the one who took exception to what I said, not the other way around. I tried to justify my opinion. I backed it up many times. If you don't agree with it, thats not a problem. Please don't tell me though that I need to justify it. I absolutely don't need to. The fact that I do shows I tend to take arguments here in good faith that people here want to debate topics.

I said what I said long before you ever quoted me, and you still won't address a single thing about it. Speaks volumes. You don't have to justify it, but the fact you won't even try makes everyone think it's completely ludicrous and not really worth their time to do anything other than treat you rudely.

Pavel Buchnevich

Dec 8, 2013
New York
I said what I said long before you ever quoted me, and you still won't address a single thing about it. Speaks volumes. You don't have to justify it, but the fact you won't even try makes everyone think it's completely ludicrous and not really worth their time to do anything other than treat you rudely.

You seem to be confused.

I'm not some official spokesperson for football in this country. I gave my opinion on certain things that have been discussed in this thread. I don't need to address everything you've commented on.

The post you tried to quote me on was about what I've actually addressed. If you are quoting me, I'd expect it to be to discuss things I've actually addressed, and not to expect me to be a spokesperson that responds to comments you've made that I didn't see a need to comment on.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
You seem to be confused.

I'm not some official spokesperson for football in this country. I gave my opinion on certain things that have been discussed in this thread. I don't need to address everything you've commented on.

The post you tried to quote me on was about what I've actually addressed. If you are quoting me, I'd expect it to be to discuss things I've actually addressed, and not to expect me to be a spokesperson that responds to comments you've made that I didn't see a need to comment on.

I'm definitely not confused, everyone can make their own judgments about this situation. I made a bunch of posts about my problems with the NT and you straight up ignored them so you could whine about something else. Instead of talking about football you want to talk about emotions and passive aggressiveness, basically a bunch of things that keep you from responding to anything I said about the abilities of our national team past, present, and future. Keep in mind this is a football forum and all I said in the first place was that your feelings about these players are driven by nothing other than your emotion, so it was rich to comment on anyone else's emotions.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad