Why is USA spitting out big talents out of sudden?

Eye of Ra

Grandmaster General of the International boards
Nov 15, 2008
Malmö, Sweden
There is so many talents from USA right now with great future, it likes every week a new guy comes up.

How did this happen? USA never was a very big soccer nation, but they are on the way to be it.

Live in the Now

Dec 17, 2005
LA
Lots of people started watching football since about 2006 here. It was pretty inevitable that the US would produce more talent, or rather that more kids would want to play. I think it boils down to the latter.

Reynolds and Reyna are pretty big talents too imo, and Adams is pretty good, but people need to pump the brakes a little bit.

TheMoreYouKnow

May 3, 2007
38° N 77° W
It feels like an inevitability that the U.S. advances into the first tier over the next 20-30 years. It would probably be beneficial to apply for CONMEBOL membership at some point as the lack of quality competition in CONCACAF may hold the actual team back forever even as the quality of players improves. Note that I think everyone else will absolutely despise the U.S. doing well at the World Cup. Like more so than any other team has ever been despised.

Sep 19, 2008
talented players going to play in europe instead of staying at home

european competition like bundesliga and la liga and EPL are good experirenc

they're all young too1

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
MLS clubs starting to have academies and a handful of them being quite good at developing players (believe it or not the academy system is a fairly recent thing, 10 years ago US was still mostly relying on college soccer :rolleyes:)

More youngsters willing to go abroad early helps. I also think Euro scouts can find value in the US, the players are still relatively cheap in the global transfer picture

However some US fans are getting ahead of themselves especially when it comes to 2026, having players at top clubs does t guarantee success. Team still lacks a true goal scorer (we will see how Sargent, Dike and Hoppe develop) and not a lot of depth

Duchene2MacKinnon

In the hands of Genius
Aug 8, 2006
Lots of people started watching football since about 2006 here. It was pretty inevitable that the US would produce more talent, or rather that more kids would want to play. I think it boils down to the latter.

Reynolds and Reyna are pretty big talents too imo, and Adams is pretty good, but people need to pump the brakes a little bit.
Pretty much. Decent prospects but I don’t see any bonafide stars let alone “spiting out talents”

kingsboy11

Maestro
Dec 14, 2011
USA
You are starting to see more and more players coming out of US academies, but really only a handful of MLS teams really take it seriously.

I don't think many people are going to say the US are going to win in 2026, I'd like to focus on making Qatar first and foremost. That being said by 2026, if everyone continues to progress properly, the top players like Pulisic will be in their prime so I don't think quarters and further is out of the realm of possibility

Reactions: GabeTravels

YNWA14

Onbreekbaar
Dec 29, 2010
Pretty much. Decent prospects but I don’t see any bonafide stars let alone “spiting out talents”
Yeah a few interesting players that can be good but nobody great and it's not like there's some vast number of them.

That the US is as bad as they are still despite their resources is more surprising (might not be the right word, since you can figure out why) to me than if they were to become good or even great.

Albatros

Aug 19, 2017
Ostsee
It feels like an inevitability that the U.S. advances into the first tier over the next 20-30 years. It would probably be beneficial to apply for CONMEBOL membership at some point as the lack of quality competition in CONCACAF may hold the actual team back forever even as the quality of players improves. Note that I think everyone else will absolutely despise the U.S. doing well at the World Cup. Like more so than any other team has ever been despised.

1982 Germany is hard to beat. I think the Americans will have snowball's chance in hell joining CONMEBOL, so what they can do is organize invitational tournaments of their own.

Reactions: Rob

hatterson

Apr 12, 2010
North Tonawanda, NY
Like France, USA is getting all the immigrant kids to choose their country over others.

Which top talents have been immigrants?

Pulisic was born in PA.
McKennie was born in TX.
Adam’s was born in NY.
Reynolds was born in TX.
Reyna was born in the UK but only because his dad was playing there, but he’s American.
Dest was American by his dad but never lived here.

None of the talents mentioned in this thread remotely qualify as imigrants.

Evilo

Mar 17, 2002
France
Don't, it was a bad joke.
France is the biggest provider of french born players playing for other NT in the world. Not the other way around.

Reactions: Scandale du Jour

HajdukSplit

Nov 9, 2005
NJ
Which top talents have been immigrants?

You are right but I will say the 'acquisitions' of Musah and Johannsson were questionable :D Musah happened to be born in the US when his parents were on vacation and I doubt he visited the country since; Johannsson is a similar story (his parents were students in the US and he moved to Iceland pretty much immediately I think) and his decision I think backfired on him, although he did play in a World Cup he missed out on Iceland's 3-4 year success story...though with his injuries I doubt he would have had much playing time there either

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad