Why is the NBA so predictable year after year?

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Sometimes you just don't realize that there have only been two non-LBJ teams since 2007 representing the East in the Finals (Celtics in 2008 and 2010 and Magic in 2009).

That's something. It isn't fair to play against LBJ. He has small forward size but does point guard thinks.

CokenoPepsi

Oct 28, 2016
Lebron is obviously a great player but there is no question that he is a scared player who would never dare play in the West

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Sometimes you just don't realize that there have only been two non-LBJ teams since 2007 representing the East in the Finals (Celtics in 2008 and 2010 and Magic in 2009).

Outside of the pacers those couple years though the East has been horrendous. Toronto, Boston and Washington are getting there though. Maybe Toronto not as much now but they seemed like they were coming close.

HisIceness

This is Hurricanes Hockey
Sep 16, 2010
Charlotte
The east really sucks.

No kidding. It's a joke how pathetic the East as a whole is.

From 2010-11 season to now, who realistically had a legit chance to beat LeBron in the East? I suppose the Bulls w/ Rose could have had Rose not gotten hurt in that 2012 first round, but likely not. The Celtics w/ Garnett and Pierce were declining although they gave Miami a good fight in 2012. The Pacers built a team to compete with Miami but couldn't do it, even with home-court advantage in 2014. Atlanta, Toronto, this years Celtics have all been cannon fodder, since LeBron returned to Cleveland.

The East is LeBrons playground. Even when MJ and the Bulls were dominating in the 90's, there were a few close calls (anyone remember the 1998 ECFs?), and the Jazz were very competitive in those two Finals.

The West hasn't been much better but at least this decade it has been somewhat diverse; Lakers, Mavericks, Thunder, Spurs, Warriors.

What bothers me is that once LeBron and the Warriors give up the crown, it seems like the Spurs and the Celtics are next in line, again. I for one would be okay if both of these teams took backseats for awhile. The Spurs don't really interest me, and I think the world can do w/o another Boston team winning. I'd like it if teams like Utah, Milwaukee, Toronto, and Portland could do some damage.

Last edited:

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Lakers were at the end though it shouldn't really count in the real light of things. Thunder should have been twice but choked. The Mavs were kind of at the end too though were competitive longer than the Lakers. It was a 3 team conference when KD was in OKC. Now its a 2 team conference for sure.

KD should go to...Boston!

SpookyTsuki

Dec 3, 2014
Not really. I don't consider anyone fearless for playing in the west, so I wouldn't consider anyone scared for playing in the east.

Instead of signing with no names in the west and going through the gauntlet and playing with Miami he's smart. But he's also scared for not wanting to do that and take the challenge of whoever was somewhat mediocre. Who was the Atlanta Hawks in the west of that time?

Virtanen18

SAMCRO
Jan 25, 2014
Vancouver
Instead of signing with no names in the west and going through the gauntlet and playing with Miami he's smart. But he's also scared for not wanting to do that and take the challenge of whoever was somewhat mediocre. Who was the Atlanta Hawks in the west of that time?
His whole free agency thing was that he wanted to play with Wade and Bosh, and Wade wasn't leaving Miami. Don't think that makes him scared. And after that he wanted to bring a ring back to the Land, which he did last year. Joining the west has never really been a realistic option for LeBron.

Voight

#winning
Feb 8, 2012
Mulberry Street
It is bizarre he has an LA home though. He could be the new Mr. Laker so it is interesting why he backed out of that.

Some have speculated he'd sign with the Lakers towards the end of his career since he plans to live in LA after he retires. His business' are all based there, he's getting into acting now and his kids will likely be out of high school when he does hang out the shoes.

No kidding. It's a joke how pathetic the East as a whole is.

From 2010-11 season to now, who realistically had a legit chance to beat LeBron in the East? I suppose the Bulls w/ Rose could have had Rose not gotten hurt in that 2012 first round, but likely not. The Celtics w/ Garnett and Pierce were declining although they gave Miami a good fight in 2012. The Pacers built a team to compete with Miami but couldn't do it, even with home-court advantage in 2014. Atlanta, Toronto, this years Celtics have all been cannon fodder, since LeBron returned to Cleveland.

The East is LeBrons playground. Even when MJ and the Bulls were dominating in the 90's, there were a few close calls (anyone remember the 1998 ECFs?), and the Jazz were very competitive in those two Finals.

The West hasn't been much better but at least this decade it has been somewhat diverse; Lakers, Mavericks, Thunder, Spurs, Warriors.

What bothers me is that once LeBron and the Warriors give up the crown, it seems like the Spurs and the Celtics are next in line, again. I for one would be okay if both of these teams took backseats for awhile. The Spurs don't really interest me, and I think the world can do w/o another Boston team winning. I'd like it if teams like Utah, Milwaukee, Toronto, and Portland could do some damage.

Even in the 90's, the east had

Knicks - Ewing, Starks
Pacers - Miller
Cavs - Mark Price
Pistons - Hill
Magic - Shaq, Penny
Hawks - Mutombo

Thats 6 teams with an All-NBA player (Mutombo might be a stretch, but still)

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Some have speculated he'd sign with the Lakers towards the end of his career since he plans to live in LA after he retires. His business' are all based there, he's getting into acting now and his kids will likely be out of high school when he does hang out the shoes.

Knicks - Ewing, Starks
Pacers - Miller
Cavs - Mark Price
Pistons - Hill
Magic - Shaq, Penny
Hawks - Mutombo
Miami - Mourning, Hardaway

Miami - Mourning, Hardaway

Power Man

Grrrr
Sep 30, 2008
221B Baker Street

Knicks - Ewing, Starks
Pacers - Miller
Cavs - Mark Price
Pistons - Hill
Magic - Shaq, Penny
Hawks - Mutombo

Yeah but Jordan had Stern and his gang of refs in his pocket, so same easy path

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Yeah but Jordan had Stern and his gang of refs in his pocket, so same easy path
And Lebron doesn't? Kobe didn't? The league markets the hell out of it's best players.

Crosby can chop another players finger off with an illegal slash and get a pat on the back.

Sammy Sosa and Mark Maguire rewrote history. Then Bonds upped them both.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad