Why is the NBA so predictable year after year?

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Cover James and he can just kick it out for 3. I know that people will say don't double team him but that's not realistic. He's gunna get double teamed more often then one would like. Its just what happens when you take it to the rack. Klay wouldn't scare me too much as a defender but even that anyone guarded by Curry will have an offensive edge.

Trap Jesus

Feb 13, 2012
It's been so lopsided that it's turned into a story that could definitely draw more interest. The back-to-back Finals teams being undefeated on a collision course for each other is undoubtedly a big story. I wonder if either lost a game or two up to this point, how much that would decrease ratings.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
^ I'm sure GSW will put Klay on Kyrie, Green on Love, and Durant on Lebron

And adding Durant adds a lot more than 'another shooter', he can do literally everything on offense and while he's not gonna really stop LeBron from going off, he's tall enough and a capable enough defender to make James work for his offense
If you take Lebron off the Cavs and add Durant they win the championship.

MVP of West Hollywd

Oct 28, 2008
So does shooting threes all the time.

Thomas out. Sweep now assured. 9 days off? Why can't they move the start up?

Once you tell everyone exactly what the Finals dates and times are going to be, I think you can't go back. eg ABC would have to bump next week's programming to start it early, probably tickets and ads are already being sold and most likely in GSW and CLE they're already preparing, they're going to set up Kimmel Finals coverage for that week etc.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
Same thing that happened last season against Toronto. They could have swept them too but coasted so that the wouldn't finish to early before the finals. Good teams do that.

Interesting point. Is that what they did Sunday? Didn't watch much but they had a 10 point lead late in the 3rd then lost on that buzzer beating 3. Was that intentional? LBJ stunk. I mean a week or 9 days isn't much of a difference. I almost wonder if you lose again? 5 days is more than enough imho.

They did blow a 21 point lead.

Stylizer1

SENSimillanaire
Jun 12, 2009
Ottabot City
Interesting point. Is that what they did Sunday? Didn't watch much but they had a 10 point lead late in the 3rd then lost on that buzzer beating 3. Was that intentional? LBJ stunk. I mean a week or 9 days isn't much of a difference. I almost wonder if you lose again? 5 days is more than enough imho.

They did blow a 21 point lead.
If can beat a team by 40 with ease it's not out of the question. If both teams would have swept they both would have had 9-10 days of. That much time off in any sport for except football leads to at least that first game looking really rusty. Lebron had just a terrible game which isn't the norm. Plus they were being destroyed by the media for making it boring. At least GS had some close games. The TNT crew were hilarious about the subject. Now it gives them something to talk about while the Cavs stay fresh.

If Lebron turns it off they will all but alomst always lose. There is no way you totally dominate a team in l the first 2 games and than have a total collapse. Having a 9-10 day break is great for guys banged up but it throws of timing for that first game back.

Sports Enthusiast

Not Here To Be Liked
Sep 19, 2010
Middle of nowhere
They look sloppy early. Hmm....this is interesting. They'll still win the series I don't doubt it but are they really gunna be like "go to game 7"? A 6th game wouldn't be bad for them.

Asiantuntija

C.Ronaldo > L.Messi
Nov 4, 2016
Stephen Curry and LeBron James are the answers. It isn't fair for other players to play against them when you can't do nothing else than hope the best.

Vamos Rafa

Jan 11, 2010
Armenia, California
Sometimes you just don't realize that there have only been two non-LBJ teams since 2007 representing the East in the Finals (Celtics in 2008 and 2010 and Magic in 2009).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad