Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
There's our terrific 2nd/3rd line Centre. Last few games I think he has been a lot better. Still has those spurts of being ineffective, but he is getting there.
Despite maybe his weakest season in the last 3 seasons, he is still on pace for 54 points.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
5th career hat trick
kadri.hat.trick.pucks.jpg

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
There's our terrific 2nd/3rd line Centre. Last few games I think he has been a lot better. Still has those spurts of being ineffective, but he is getting there.
Despite maybe his weakest season in the last 3 seasons, he is still on pace for 54 points.

Hopefully he finishes there. With those sheltered minutes, you’d hope he could produce.

Good game tonight

great

Apr 14, 2018
That guy that always hates on Kadri is probably crying in pain right now.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
"Naz is slow"
"Naz game has tailed off"
"Naz is a liability"
"Naz is too expensive as a 4.5 C that isn't scoring"

I'm glad some of yall feel comfortable posting that mess on here because you would garner a slap at a bar the way you guys kill Nylander, Gardiner and Kadri.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
"Naz is slow"
"Naz is a liability"

I'm glad some of yall feel comfortable posting that mess on here because you would garner a slap at a bar the way you guys kill Nylander, Gardiner and Kadri.

Perspective : It was ONE game.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
Perspective : It was ONE game.

idc about your perspective Kadri has been playing well for most of the year, some posts and bad puck luck with half the season left had some of you guys ready to jump ship. In a "slumping" year he's on pace for 20 G and 53 points. With Marleau attached to his hip like he's on punishment all year. Still driving play, still generating positive CF% playing relatively similar QoC to last year with worse linemates. How bout dah?

Reactions: TML11

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
by my count he ranks 41st amongst centers in PPG this year. above average 2nd line C production. a bit down from his usual low-end 1st line production but one solid hot streak can fix that.

Not really a problem either way. If he's around 20/30/50 at the end of the year, that's still pretty stellar for your 3rd best center.

Reactions: TML11 and SprDaVE

RLF

May 5, 2014
The whole line played well Kadri likes playing against the caps. Nylander played well as did Brown. Kadri was a beast all game.,

Brown has got a lot of flack this year, I thought he has been really good since moved back up the lineup. Kadri is kicking into gear it looks like and Willy made some plays. All good.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
"Naz is slow"
"Naz is a liability"

LMAO, you have a point there for sure.

Kadri
Amazing how much grief he's gotten here. You'd think that a guy who's been through all he's been through with us, is I believe our 2nd longest serving Leaf after Gardiner and has been one of our best players for a number of years now would be entitled to have his first slump in years without getting mugged. And as I pointed out earlier, if just one good game can get him almost back to last years pace that proves that he's been nowhere near as bad this season as you'd think by reading some of that nonsense ITT.

Gardiner
Same story as above. Guy's been our second best Dman for years and instead of taking in the big picture, people jump down his throat every time he makes a mistake.

Nylander
I understand some people are upset with his story but some of things posted here are way over the top and seem like they're written by 12 year olds, I'll just leave it at that.

Not sure who I'm happier for today, Kadri or Nylander. Great games by both of them, no doubt about it!

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Double checking the Center PPG rates.....

6.Matthews 1.23 (18:06toi - 44th)
15.Tavares 1.10 (19:04toi - 29th)
41.Kadri 0.65 (16:36toi - 58th)

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
One game plus back to back 30 goal seasons... Still on pace for 20+ goals and 50+ points as a third center.

What's your point again?

Seriously?

"Naz is slow"
Maybe he is , who cares, he's never been fast or known as a good skater. I'd be more concerned if Kappy or Marleau lost their speed, its what makes them special.

3 goals in the last 30 games would suggest that he has tailed off, one great game does not change the fact he has not been physically engaged as he was in the past and 3 goals in 30 games is horrid for a guy who can be much better.

"Naz is a liability"
He has not been producing and he was not getting the line match up with the other teams best. If you are not helping the team, you are hurting the team.

Three goals in 30 games would put him somewhere near a 9 goal season pace. If you think $4.5 mil is the going rate for a 9 goal scorer, send me a contract, I'll get you 9.

People, you don't have to get apoplectic every time someone criticizes your guy, sometimes the criticism is fair. I'd bet if you asked Kadri if he would say he had a good 1st half , he would say no.

The fact he had a poor 1st half does not mean he is a garbage player, it means he had a bad 1st half. He could go on a 20 goal tear in the 2nd half of the season and all is forgotten but to say a hatty makes all the struggles of the 1st half disappear and makes all of the previous criticisms invalid, it is for a lack of a better word stupid.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
People, you don't have to get apoplectic every time someone criticizes your guy, sometimes the criticism is fair

Where are you getting "apoplectic" from in my post?

Bluelines, you don't have to get all apoplectic everytime somebody disagrees with you. You're post showed more frustration than mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $1,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille