Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
A very engaged Naz last night. Good to see. Now let's see last nights game turn into multiple games played the same way.

That would be nice. Not crucial though, most important is that he's ready to play like this when the playoffs start. Despite his struggles this season, I've never had any doubt myself that he would be 100% ready to rock in the spring but sure, it would feel good if he was on a roll as the playoffs approach, we'll see.

He FINALLY did something

He's seemed a bit off at times this season but to imply that he's done "nothing" until now is absurd, guy's on pace for 50 points. Ridiculous post.

RLF

May 5, 2014
You are so correct.

For my part, I actually regret using the term Fanclub as I think it lumps people together.

Fans of a player are not whom I am referring to. I used to call it the Gang to refer to a select group of posters who are pretty obvious in their actions.

The kind who say “I discount anything positive you say about Kadri because I KNOW you are negative about him.” <— actually said.

Hope that offers some clarity.

Well, good on you to admit your part in the "name calling" and regret it.

Things typically get out of hand on opinions about, Kadri, Gardiner, Nylander and ADV stats.

RLF

May 5, 2014
That would be nice. Not crucial though, most important is that he's ready to play like this when the playoffs start. Despite his struggles this season, I've never had any doubt myself that he would be 100% ready to rock in the spring but sure, it would feel good if he was on a roll as the playoffs approach, we'll see.

He's seemed a bit off at times this season but to imply that he's done "nothing" until now is absurd, guy's on pace for 50 points. Ridiculous post.

Yes, I want him ready at playoff time, but meh, I think there is too much complacency that it is ok if guys don't perform well in the regular season. I hope the whole team doesn't take that attitude because we will miss the playoffs more often than not.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
In a perfect world this site would be a place to discuss the Leafs and hockey. Unfortunately too often it is really about people demanding we all agree with their view. If someone disagree's they are a hater, bias, racist, fanboy, dumb fan, stupid etc. There is very few on here that will even admit someone has a point, never mind admitting they are wrong. I am not pointing anyone out. It's just the way it is, and really unfortunate.

So true, especially with NK threads. I try to imagine every post I read has this at the end. FWIW and IMHO.

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Kapanen, Kadri, Marleau line was good last night.

With Kapanen carrying the puck the Lightning got running around and both Marleau and Kadri got rewarded in the process.

Marleau-Kadri worked last year, why break that up? Give them some speed and both are good in close.

Reactions: The Apologist

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Yes, I want him ready at playoff time, but meh, I think there is too much complacency that it is ok if guys don't perform well in the regular season. I hope the whole team doesn't take that attitude because we will miss the playoffs more often than not.

Of course. I wasn't implying that we could just coast through the season, the standings are way too tight to even think about doing that. I don't think Kadri's been all that bad either, he's looked a little off at times but he's played pretty well most of the time, he's not too far off last season's performance at all. I'm just saying that he's a gud pro, he's played so well for us ever since Babcock arrived so even if he's say at 90% of where he was at last year, I'm confident that he'll be at 100% when the playoffs start. That doesn't mean he's not trying now, it just means that he knows that the playoffs are what really count and when the puck drops in the spring, I think he'll kick it up a notch. I'm just not worried about Kadri at all, not even a little bit.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
When Naz feels healthy you can really tell. Legs were moving tonight, found himself a breakaway, goal and assist, played solid positionally, made a handful of great plays to free up Kapanen, etc. That's why you pay the man, that's why you have Kadri in the core. Let him pace himself if he has to, we need him for playoffs. "Bad year, slow as molasses" Naz back to 50 point 20 G pace. Can't wait for him to get hot.

He also laid a huge hit on someone, can't remember who it was but it was a beauty. I don't usually visit other teams boards but I had a look at the TB GDT thread and someone was comparing Kadri to Marchand, when that happens you know he's pissing someone off which in Kadri's case means he's on his game. Hopefully he's rounding into form for the playoffs, that's what this season will ultimately be judged on, not just Kadri but every single player on this team!

RLF

May 5, 2014
Of course. I wasn't implying that we could just coast through the season, the standings are way too tight to even think about doing that. I don't think Kadri's been all that bad either, he's looked a little off at times but he's played pretty well most of the time, he's not too far off last season's performance at all. I'm just saying that he's a gud pro, he's played so well for us ever since Babcock arrived so even if he's say at 90% of where he was at last year, I'm confident that he'll be at 100% when the playoffs start. That doesn't mean he's not trying now, it just means that he knows that the playoffs are what really count and when the puck drops in the spring, I think he'll kick it up a notch. I'm just not worried about Kadri at all, not even a little bit.

Fair enough. I just keep reading about this player and that player too often that- "No worries, he will pick it up in the playoffs, not really worried how he does in the regular season". Final 20 games or so to go, we need everyone on the same page and trending in the right direction. Too many guys having "off-seasons". We need to get this straightened out.imo

LEAFANFORLIFE23

Jun 17, 2010

That pace is dropping by the day that was his 3rd goal in 28 games that's not good enough stop kissing his ass because that's what you are doing, and have been doing all year it's ridiculous, he hasn't been good enough

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Fair enough. I just keep reading about this player and that player too often that- "No worries, he will pick it up in the playoffs, not really worried how he does in the regular season". Last 20 games or so to go, we need everyone on the same page and trending in the right direction. Too many guys having "off-seasons". We need to get this straightened out.imo

I'm not sure if there's so many guys having off-seasons, I think that's overstating it a bit. I definitely agree that we want to be trending in the right direction going into the playoffs, that's always important. And of course it's important to finish 2nd in our division IMO and with Boston so close behind, can't afford to take many nights off, that's for sure. Overall things aren't so bad, we're 4th overall and we didn't really have a slump all season until now, I guess it was bound to happen. Hopefully we're back on track now, we beat the crap out of FLA tonight, follow it up with a win on Sunday and go from there.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
That pace is dropping by the day that was his 3rd goal in 28 games that's not good enough stop kissing his ass because that's what you are doing, and have been doing all year it's ridiculous, he hasn't been good enough

How much did it drop yesterday?

Get a grip man. Last year he had 55 points, now he's on pace for 50, the way some you have been going on this season you'd think he was on pace for 20 points FFS. Take a chill pill. :laugh::laugh:

RLF

May 5, 2014
I'm not sure if there's so many guys having off-seasons, I think that's overstating it a bit. I definitely agree that we want to be trending in the right direction going into the playoffs, that's always important. And of course it's important to finish 2nd in our division IMO and with Boston so close behind, can't afford to take many nights off, that's for sure. Overall things aren't so bad, we're 4th overall and we didn't really have a slump all season until now, I guess it was bound to happen. Hopefully we're back on track now, we beat the crap out of FLA tonight, follow it up with a win on Sunday and go from there.

I was more worried I used the word "trending", didn't want to start another long discussion on it.lol

I am not saying we are doing poorly as a team and points wise. But to me, Nylander, Zaitsev, Sparks, Brown are having off seasons. Add Kadri (inconsistent) in there as a guy who doesn't seem to know his role and Matthews and Gardiner's struggles lately...and it is getting close to the time where we need to have this stuff sorted is what I mean. We are getting close to crunch time where things ramp up another level.

Reactions: stickty111

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

Welcome to my world.

Hopefully, this improved play continues.

We need it in our line up OR we can maximize his trade value with good performance. Either way, the team benefits and that should be something that unites the fan base.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I was more worried I used the word "trending", didn't want to start another long discussion on it.lol

I am not saying we are doing poorly as a team and points wise. But to me, Nylander, Zaitsev, Sparks, Brown are having off seasons. Add Kadri (inconsistent) in there as a guy who doesn't seem to know his role and Matthews and Gardiner's struggles lately...and it is getting close to the time where we need to have this stuff sorted is what I mean. We are getting close to crunch time where things ramp up another level.

Yeah that's fair. Still plenty of time left though so I'm not too worried. Last night's game also helped put my mind at ease somewhat, we can play really well when we put our minds to it.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Great game for Kadri, picked this team up when they needed it the most! I just looked up the numbers and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised that this modest two point effort puts him on pace to score 50 points for the season, not too shabby. Considering all the grief he's taken here I thought he'd be more on pace to score oh I dunno, 32 points or something like that. Anyhow, hopefully this puts an end to the talk of trading Kadri for a while, my word would that ever be a dumb thing for us to do.

Was it Friedman last night who said that if Kadri plays like this in the playoffs, the Leafs will be OK? Now thats' oversimplifying things a bit to be sure but it's easy to see what he's talking about, we're going to need him badly in the playoffs, kids a beauty!
I mentioned the time to trade Kadri is in 2 years, but as of right now, he is really important to this team.

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
I mentioned the time to trade Kadri is in 2 years, but as of right now, he is really important to this team.
Ya I think that may happen depending on his play.

I think the leafs likely draft a center in the 1st round soon as they need a legit center prospect in the pool

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Yeah I dunno about trading him even then, we'll see. I do believe that two years from now is the earliest time that we'd even think about trading him. He's a very good player, one of the few on our team who has some sandpaper to his game, on a great contract, let's enjoy him while we can.

Honestly outside of a few games his two-way play has been perfectly fine and he is still likely going to hit 50 points. Thats all you can ask for and more when it comes to a 3C

Yeah I haven't looked at the numbers around the league but I think if we did, we'd find that while he isn't producing at borderline #1C level any more, he is still pretty much elite for a #3C.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
To funny. You telling someone to stop kissing the players ass when you are constantly posting nonsense about.

Care to back up your opinion with your profile. If you think Kadri is going to continue on his current 28 game goal scoring pace then put up your profile and I will as well.

Kadri has been snake bitten he has had an abundance of chances playing nightly with different line mates mostly of the soft variety.

So what will it be?

robertmac43

Forever 43!
Mar 31, 2015
Yeah I haven't looked at the numbers around the league but I think if we did, we'd find that while he isn't producing at borderline #1C level any more, he is still pretty much elite for a #3C.

Exactly. I wonder how he matches up against the leagues second line Cs as well!

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
The hypocrisy is strong with this post.

You are unhappy with the way that I interact with certain posters?

Perhaps if you had one send you a PM to mock your injured child or call you a racist... you might take a more forceful tone.

That crossed a line with me. It wouldn’t with you?

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
You are unhappy with the way that I interact with certain posters?

Perhaps if you had one send you a PM to mock your injured child or call you a racist... you might take a more forceful tone.

That crossed a line with me. It wouldn’t with you?
It's awful that you got those (and Ive commented on the racist claims multiple times), but there's ways to handle it better than you have IMO. Ways to make an actual impact on those posters and not come across in a poor light yourself.

And it's no secret that I'm not a fan of the way you post. That's not new.

PM me if you want to discuss more, not worth cluttering this board with it.

Reactions: 1specter

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Heeeeeeeeeeeeeeee's baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Ok it's just one game but still, I think he's almost on pace now to match last years point totals. If he can get to that point with just one good game then maybe he hasn't been so bad up until now after all?

Kadri/Nylander looking really good together!

Reactions: HamiltonNHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->