Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

monkeyboy

Sep 19, 2018
I know people like him I do too but your ready to throw Sparks under the bus for tentitive play but I spent my time focusing on him in the Vancouver game and I was severely disappointed in the lack of effort. In particular when he and Kappy had the two on one. Kappy was trying to pass to him and he was skating like he didn't care. Someone needs to flick him behind the ear and tell him stop feeling sorry for himself and to start using blue collar work to get out of his funk.

CelticDruid

Oct 23, 2013
Penticton , BC
All I saw last night was a player failing to win board battles and that failed to hit anything with a Canucks jersey on. He got manhandled numerous times.

These slumps are getting longer and longer. It wouldn't be half as bad if we had some actual snarl out of him, but he just looks zombified right now. The last good game we had from Kadri was the Boston one.

Reactions: wingman75

NoTouchIcing

Feb 3, 2010
Guelph, ON
I know people like him I do too but your ready to throw Sparks under the bus for tentitive play but I spent my time focusing on him in the Vancouver game and I was severely disappointed in the lack of effort. In particular when he and Kappy had the two on one. Kappy was trying to pass to him and he was skating like he didn't care. Someone needs to flick him behind the ear and tell him stop feeling sorry for himself and to start using blue collar work to get out of his funk.

2 on 1s don't necessarily correlate to skating. It's up to the player without the puck to create a gap in the passing lane, whether it's driving the net or slowing down and moving laterally.

LeafFever

Feb 12, 2016
We have to remember, Kadri is in a tough place right now. His role has changed and Babcock isn't really sure how to use him.

Reactions: Seras

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
There has been improvement, but your not allowed to say anything good about him, or the critics will be on red alert and come flying in quickly.
Of course they would blame the fans as usual.

The entire threads premise is about why isn’t Kadri getting criticized, I’m not sure where you’re seeing all this criticism?

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
This will go well... where's @Pookie, we need a non biased opinion on Naz....

popcorn-boxes.jpg

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
The guy has hit a lot of posts this year and he's been streaky and usually plays with the worst wingers we have available. He's still on pace to hit 50 points.
Yeah but 50 points when scoring is way up isnt very good. Plus he gets to play with all our best players on the powerplay. And he plays with Kapanen, who's been better than Kadri this season

Pi

Nov 16, 2010
Toronto
Yeah but 50 points when scoring is way up isnt very good. Plus he gets to play with all our best players on the powerplay. And he plays with Kapanen, who's been better than Kadri this season

Kapanen has steadily gone down in PPG as well. He was good for the first 20 games but since then he's come back down to a 50 point pace as well.

Reactions: stickty111

CantLoseWithMatthews

Sep 28, 2015
Kapanen has steadily gone down in PPG as well. He was good for the first 20 games but since then he's come back down to a 50 point pace as well.
Kapanen doesn't get PP time though. He really does seem better than kadri too

FlyingLeafus

But what about the playoffs?
Jan 4, 2009
Milton
I would bet on him having a better second half than first half. Either way as long as he turns it on in the playoffs it's all good, when he's on his game he's the sort of player you want to help you take down a team like Boston.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
CF/60: 65.96(5th on the team)
CA/60: 58.93(4th on the team)
CF%: 52.81(4th on the team)

SCF/60: 30.93(8th on the team)
SCA/60: 27.68(6th on the team)
SCF%: 52.77(5th on the team)

HDCF/60: 12.65(6th on the team)
HDCA/60: 11.79(12th on the team)
HDCF%: 51.77(9th on the team)

On Ice SH%: 6.60(last on the team)

Kadri is playing well. He is just getting unlucky. The criticism isnt warranted, as people just want another excuse to go after Kadri and the fans.

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
The entire threads premise is about why isn’t Kadri getting criticized, I’m not sure where you’re seeing all this criticism?
I was responding to the other poster who said Kadri isnt allowed to be criticized.
His post was completely unnecessary hyperbole as was mine.

Reactions: Leafling
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad