Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ToneDog

56 years and counting. #FireTheShanaClan!
Jun 11, 2017
Richmond Hill, ON
Gonna need our PP scoring if we want to beat TB. Their PP looks dominant although Freddy seemed to be one step ahead of their shots in the 3rd.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I think most people call most things as they "see it". The question that should always arise - especially in a public forum - is: Is it an accurate call?

If you read my reply, you'd have noted the point where I say that I don't know if your claims are true but take issue with the way in which the claim is being presented. Again, it seems ANY criticism toward your post is a criticism of your position. That's not my dog and that's not my fight.

You compared the member's constant attacks on Kadri with online hate unrelated to hockey. You certainly implied your suspicion in previous posts. To me, that's a serious accusation that merits serious address. My only concern is integrity of the claim as it occasions to DISRUPT a hockey forum. The hockey forum that I come to read hockey opinions and hockey "news" and hockey stats and theories and arguments about HOCKEY. So as I take the issue of prejudice seriously, and I take my time allotted for hockey talk, seriously, I'd like to think that there aren't people on here compelling conclusions of others with little more than the hint of evidence rather than the actual thing specific to the claim.

SO...If you have a legitimate claim, notify HFBoards with your findings. If you don't, for the life of me, why would you want to hint at prejudice without having actual, verifiable evidence to the effect? Is this your thing? Inducing a fact pattern after your gut tells you it's the right thing to do?

Even in the reply quoted, you state: "I have a problem with the continued attack even when he plays well given the known issue of ugly bias is always present among some out there."

Great. Fantastic. Terrific. Congratulations. I don't know what that has to do with the specific member on the specific claim. You've just described that the existence of hate is real and present...and out there... among some. But WHERE is that "ugly bias" SPECIFICALLY, HERE, by THAT MEMBER? I'm generally concerned and interested. Please. Set my intellectual hubris aright. Quote the member. Sincerely. Quote him and if proven right, I'LL WRITE HFBoards on your behalf.

Because for the life of me, I don't know what the hell you're on about other than attempting to incite some sort of virtue signaling rally on these hockey boards, one of the last bastions of online community that isn't ******ed by SJWs and their neo-Marxist thought policing idiocy.

I just finished a little online safari under the search words "Kadri + Online + Hate + Target" and didn't get a peach. Didn't find an ongoing SPECIFIC instance of concern for Nazem Kadri and a case for constant online non-hockey related prejudicial treatment.

So in two specific instances, I would like to be corrected. And if not corrected, explained as to why not.
Congratulations. You are now on my block list. Enjoy

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
I called Kadri out, and he responded in a big way.
He hasnt been playing well lately, but was great today.
Kadri could be the ex factor in the playoffs. If he doesnt do anything silly, and focuses on playing his game, it could win us a series.

Last edited:

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I called Kadri out, and he responded in a big way.
He hasnt been playing well lately, but was great today.
Kadri could be the ex factor in a playoff series. If he doesnt do anything silly, and focuses on playing his game, it could win us a series.

Totally agree, I think we all want Kadri to succeed. Even with all the back and forth here we’re all cheering when he hits the back of the net or makes a great play.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
That was his best game of the season tonight easily. Stayed in the battles, fought through contact, no silly give away plays. Just kept it simple, played determined and got rewarded.

I feel he has been probably our worst player for long stretches of this season. What we got tonight is the guy we want. Good on him for bringing it... now, do it again tomorrow ;-)

Reactions: stickty111

drewjenks

Oct 1, 2017
Canada
I know people like him I do too but your ready to throw Sparks under the bus for tentitive play but I spent my time focusing on him in the Vancouver game and I was severely disappointed in the lack of effort. In particular when he and Kappy had the two on one. Kappy was trying to pass to him and he was skating like he didn't care. Someone needs to flick him behind the ear and tell him stop feeling sorry for himself and to start using blue collar work to get out of his funk.

We talkin bout Kadri.

Not the Goat.

Not the Goat.

Not

Not the.

Not the Goat.

WE TALKIN BOUT KADRI.

Not the Goat.

We talkin bout Kadri.

We talkin bout Kadri.

Not the Goat.

We talkin bout Kadri.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
Congratulations. You are now on my block list. Enjoy

Well...

In summary:
  1. Questions asking for information to support claims of sensitive non-hockey issues on a hockey board, denied.
  2. Sincere plea for alleged "intellectual hubris" to be corrected was declined.
  3. Blocked for asking that claims (of sensitive non-hockey issues on a hockey board) be substantiated by specific information after having merely suggested an alternative route to resolve said sensitive non-hockey issue on a hockey board.
I accept your congratulations with a sense of gratitude the kind of which one feels from having experienced a narrow escape. Sincerely, thank you. Potential slander is terrible enough let alone having to untie the knot of the genuine thing.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Great game for Kadri, picked this team up when they needed it the most! I just looked up the numbers and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised that this modest two point effort puts him on pace to score 50 points for the season, not too shabby. Considering all the grief he's taken here I thought he'd be more on pace to score oh I dunno, 32 points or something like that. Anyhow, hopefully this puts an end to the talk of trading Kadri for a while, my word would that ever be a dumb thing for us to do.

Was it Friedman last night who said that if Kadri plays like this in the playoffs, the Leafs will be OK? Now thats' oversimplifying things a bit to be sure but it's easy to see what he's talking about, we're going to need him badly in the playoffs, kids a beauty!

Reactions: stickty111

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
**** and go away. You clearly know jack **** about this kind of stuff

I certainly do know Jack and the whole family:

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of
Knee-deep Schitt, Inc.
Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt and they had 6 children: Holie Schitt, The twins; Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt and Bull Schitt.
Jack and Noe divorced. Noe later married Mr. Sherlock and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.
Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they had Chicken Schitt. Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt married the Happens
brothers in a dual ceremony.
The Schitt-Happens children are Dawg, Byrd and Horse. Bull Schitt left home to tour the world. He recently returned with his new bride, Pisa Schitt.

Reactions: bansheebeat

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Well...

In summary:
  1. Questions asking for information to support claims of sensitive non-hockey issues on a hockey board, denied.
  2. Sincere plea for alleged "intellectual hubris" to be corrected was declined.
  3. Blocked for asking that claims (of sensitive non-hockey issues on a hockey board) be substantiated by specific information after having merely suggested an alternative route to resolve said sensitive non-hockey issue on a hockey board.
I accept your congratulations with a sense of gratitude the kind of which one feels from having experienced a narrow escape. Sincerely, thank you. Potential slander is terrible enough let alone having to untie the knot of the genuine thing.

Logical.

Evidence of his claim should be readily available on this public forum. I pointed to a subsection of it where I have posted hundreds of times on the subject.

All would demonstrate a rejection of Trump’s Nationalism, White Supremacy, Travel Bans, Transgender Bans, and the like. He’d find comments speaking out against Ford’s roll back of the sex Ed curriculum which has the net effect of marginalizing LGBTQ students.

While the Politics forum was closed, it lives on in Web Cache engines. Search away.

In a slander case, my lawyer would absolutely provide the mountains of evidence in the event that he does not take the time to review.

I would advise the member to be very careful with unsubstantiated allegations.

I already advised I would stand up to bullying. This is perhaps amongst the most personal and vile forms.

I invite the member to do his research. Apologize. It should be fairly simple with the evidence available.

I sadly suspect he will be a coward and avoid it.

Reactions: ITM

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I certainly do know Jack and the whole family:

Jack is the only son of Awe Schitt and O. Schitt. Awe Schitt, the fertilizer magnate, married O. Schitt, the owner of
Knee-deep Schitt, Inc.
Jack Schitt married Noe Schitt and they had 6 children: Holie Schitt, The twins; Deep Schitt and Dip Schitt, Fulla Schitt, Giva Schitt and Bull Schitt.
Jack and Noe divorced. Noe later married Mr. Sherlock and because her kids were living with them, she wanted to keep her previous name. She was known as Noe Schitt-Sherlock.
Dip Schitt married Loda Schitt and they had Chicken Schitt. Fulla Schitt and Giva Schitt married the Happens
brothers in a dual ceremony.
The Schitt-Happens children are Dawg, Byrd and Horse. Bull Schitt left home to tour the world. He recently returned with his new bride, Pisa Schitt.

They moved to Schitt’s Creek didn’t they? Forgot their paddle in the moving van.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Logical.

Evidence of his claim should be readily available on this public forum. I pointed to a subsection of it where I have posted hundreds of times on the subject.

All would demonstrate a rejection of Trump’s Nationalism, White Supremacy, Travel Bans, Transgender Bans, and the like. He’d find comments speaking out against Ford’s roll back of the sex Ed curriculum which has the net effect of marginalizing LGBTQ students.

While the Politics forum was closed, it lives on in Web Cache engines. Search away.

In a slander case, my lawyer would absolutely provide the mountains of evidence in the event that he does not take the time to review.

I would advise the member to be very careful with unsubstantiated allegations.

I already advised I would stand up to bullying. This is perhaps amongst the most personal and vile forms.

I invite the member to do his research. Apologize. It should be fairly simple with the evidence available.

I sadly suspect he will be a coward and avoid it.

In a perfect world this site would be a place to discuss the Leafs and hockey. Unfortunately too often it is really about people demanding we all agree with their view. If someone disagree's they are a hater, bias, racist, fanboy, dumb fan, stupid etc. There is very few on here that will even admit someone has a point, never mind admitting they are wrong. I am not pointing anyone out. It's just the way it is, and really unfortunate.

Last edited:

thewave

Jun 17, 2011
In a perfect world this site would be a place to discuss the Leafs and hockey. Unfortunately too often it is really about people demanding we all agree with their view. If someone disagree's they are a hater, bias, racist, fanboy, dumb fan, stupid etc. There is very few on here that will even admit someone has a point, never mind admitting they are wrong. I am not pointing anyone out. It's just the way it is, and really unfortunate.

Totally agree, it's very spookie.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
He was very good last night and it was nice to see him rewarded. He's had other good games and small stretches during this slump where he was good and didn't get rewarded. Hopefully he can build on this.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
Great game for Kadri, picked this team up when they needed it the most! I just looked up the numbers and I must say I'm pleasantly surprised that this modest two point effort puts him on pace to score 50 points for the season, not too shabby. Considering all the grief he's taken here I thought he'd be more on pace to score oh I dunno, 32 points or something like that. Anyhow, hopefully this puts an end to the talk of trading Kadri for a while, my word would that ever be a dumb thing for us to do.

Was it Friedman last night who said that if Kadri plays like this in the playoffs, the Leafs will be OK? Now thats' oversimplifying things a bit to be sure but it's easy to see what he's talking about, we're going to need him badly in the playoffs, kids a beauty!
You had to expect with Tavares and Matthews on board, Kadri’s totals might drop a little. People got spoiled with 30 goals and now expect that as the norm.

If you look at Brassard as 3C in Pittsburgh, he’s on pace for 28 points at 5 + million dollars.

It’s like that here. Players called elite have average expectations and excuses while average to good players get saddled with elite expectations.

Kadri gives us what we are lacking on the team, skill + aggression. It seems Kapanen has a little of that as well. Plus his PK ability.
That was a very good line for us and you could not ask for anything better last night from line 3.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

You are so correct.

For my part, I actually regret using the term Fanclub as I think it lumps people together.

Fans of a player are not whom I am referring to. I used to call it the Gang to refer to a select group of posters who are pretty obvious in their actions.

The kind who say “I discount anything positive you say about Kadri because I KNOW you are negative about him.” <— actually said.

Hope that offers some clarity.

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
It’s a conversation because he isn’t scoring on the shots he takes.

Well that and as @diceman934 says, we can’t afford to pay that for a 3C if we want to keep good players.

THATS WHAT IM MF TALKING ABOUT NAZ. Shut these goofies up. 82 game season, injuries take a toll, travel takes a toll, new line combinations, new scheme, etc, you pay Kadri his money because he's a good problem and when he's on is a matchup nightmare. 1 G 1 A playing mostly against the Stamkos and Point lines last night. YALL GOTTA STFU !!!

Reactions: Gary Nylund

araisarena

Jun 4, 2008
Toronto/Ann Arbor
When Naz feels healthy you can really tell. Legs were moving tonight, found himself a breakaway, goal and assist, played solid positionally, made a handful of great plays to free up Kapanen, etc. That's why you pay the man, that's why you have Kadri in the core. Let him pace himself if he has to, we need him for playoffs. "Bad year, slow as molasses" Naz back to 50 point 20 G pace. Can't wait for him to get hot.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Inter Milan vs Torino
    Inter Milan vs Torino
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $2,752.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Metz vs Lille
    Metz vs Lille