Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I doubt we trade him but he will be almost impossible to sign at the end of this contract unless he takes a ludicrously team friendly deal. We simply can’t afford to pay him the 7 or so million he’ll command.

@diceman934 maintains we can’t even afford to pay a 3C what he’s making now.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I doubt we trade him but he will be almost impossible to sign at the end of this contract unless he takes a ludicrously team friendly deal. We simply can’t afford to pay him the 7 or so million he’ll command.

He's locked up for several more years as it is, so I'd say it's a bit early to worry about whether we'll resign him or not. Let's enjoy the present, hope we finally win a PO round this spring and go from there.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Eh ?

Not really.

Naz was rattled by the playoff suspension and it has impacted him. Throw in the wedding thing and some posts and it hasn't gone superb.

He's a great 3C. Would love to see the full Naz by the playoffs. So far, he's not on his A game.

You should remind @Gary Nylund of his belief that Naz would have a 26% reduction in points for the remaining years of his contract.

That’s the kind of a drop off that reinforces your points.

I thought that was being dramatic but he was sure of himself.

That said, he is right about pace. A 1game rare hat trick does boost the pace to 54 from 49. Showing I guess how silly pace is as an argument and why certain people have decided to post again.

Not playing with Marner.... ok. He’s playing against 3/4 lines. That group used the term sheltered minutes to refer to playing against weak opposition.

You know all this I know. Just figured I’d help you out.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Kadri loves being a Leaf.
He loves playing Hockey in a city where his Dad lives.
He'd take a pay cut to remain a Leaf.
Kadri will be a Leaf for the foreseeable future.

Moving Kadri, a guy who loves being a Leaf, sends a message of no one is safe. Bad vibe.

I'm not sure Kadri would be willing to take enough of a pay cut to remain a Leaf after his current deal. I guess anything's possible but it seems really unlikely. Luckily that's so far off in the future that I don't have to think about it now as he's signed up for 4 more PO runs. :) For now I hope he can continue playing at a high level, stay with us for the duration of his current deal and hopefully win at least one cup during that time.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Thanks.

I don’t know what he’s on about anyways.

Whether Kadri plays good or bad... @diceman934 is on record as saying... well more like berating people.... that we can’t afford him going forward.

See?

Best we just focus on the possible return and who will play 3C next year.

TBH I think he is just an angry lonely person that will pick fights just to get attention or maybe reading for comprehension is not his strong suit. It's unfortunate really, hope he makes a friend soon.

Like I said 3 years ago, the only thing I didn't like about Kadri was his Sideshow Bob routine, I really see little of that in his game anymore, even that hit against the B's in the playoffs while dirty , it was not Sideshow Bob IMO.

I gotta think his cap hit and his veteran leadership will keep him here, if not for life then darn close to it.

One thing he has always had was great hands within 15 feet of the net, for whatever reason he has lost that this year. That concerns me a little, 20 goals per year as a 3rd line center at his cap hit, awesome. 10 goals per year at his cap hit, ugly.

RLF

May 5, 2014
I'm not sure Kadri would be willing to take enough of a pay cut to remain a Leaf after his current deal. I guess anything's possible but it seems really unlikely. Luckily that's so far off in the future that I don't have to think about it now as he's signed up for 4 more PO runs. :) For now I hope he can continue playing at a high level, stay with us for the duration of his current deal and hopefully win at least one cup during that time.

Seems a reasonable take. Not sure what his next deal is going to look like, but if can produce 50+ pts on average and plays a strong physical game, we likely can't afford it. He can change momentum in a game with his physicality, just haven't seen much of it this year. Recently seems to have picked it back up.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Oh absolutely, enjoy him while we have him. It’s years away to worry about it for now anyways.

Yeah I've been reading these posts about resigning Kadri or not being able to resign Kadri or whatever and I think guys, this is so far down the road, why are we even talking about this? I guess instead of trying to figure it out I'll look at it this way - it's a huge compliment to Kadri that people are worried about resigning him when we have him locked up for 4 more playoff runs. But yes, I'm definitely going to look at the bright side of this one, four more years of Kadri at a 4.5M cap hit, what a treat that is! :)

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

stickty111

Jan 23, 2017
Looks like Naz is going to be a father :) his wife is pregnant.
An early congrats to Nazem and his wife.
Why am I getting this proud father moment? I followed Kadri for a long time, and it feels nice hearing the news.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I caught them last year.

... was that when you were proving the earth is flat or was that when you got probed on a space ship?

giphy.gif

Last edited:

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Which is why I hope it’s mostly people just trying to be funny.

You’d hope. Otherwise there are some demented conspiracy theorists out there.

I am everyone that offers a realistic view of a super hero. Everyone. Every poster here. Every caller to every radio station. Every journalist. Might even be Babcock if his minutes get reduced at some point in the future. If you agree with me on any topic, anywhere, you are me.

Apparently.

Cognitive dissonance is very powerful and some minds are very weak.

Reactions: The Apologist

zeke

The Dube Abides
Mar 14, 2005
Kadri 5v5 / PP

15/16: 14:22 (A qoc), 1.10p60, 0.99p1/60, 6.0oish%, 51.9cf% (+1.4), 49.3xgf% (-0.6rel) / 2:36, 3.95p60, 3.04p1/60
16/17: 13:33 (A- qoc), 2.05p60, 1.51p1/60, 8.9oish%, 52.5cf% (+2.2rel), 53.3xgf% (+3.3rel) / 2:09, 5.76p60, 4.75p1/60
17/18: 13:44 (A qoc), 1.80p60, 1.42p1/60, 8.1oish%, 50.1cf% (-1.1rel), 48.3xgf% (-4.0rel) / 2:03, 6.94p60, 5.84p1/60
18/19: 13:20 (C+ qoc), 1.65p60, 1.29p1/60, 7.0oish%, 54.2cf% (+3.6rel), 52.7xgf% (+1.4rel) / 2:24, 4.58p60, 3.05p1/60

the 16-17 season does seem to be a high mark for him - the only time he was able to actually dominate in 1st-line type usage. (though he was still a solid possession player in the 2 other years he had first line usage)..and he also benefitted from a high oish% that year. Last year his even strength struggles were actually masked a bit by a big year on the PP - he was decently productive 5v5 but his possession tanked (arguably thanks to Leo).

This year with the easier 3rd line usage he's now dominating possession at a level he really hasn't before - which isn't surprising when qoc goes down. His offense is a bit low 5v5 but that is probably just an unlucky oish%, and will likely normalize by the end of the year. The PP production has also been down but that's because the entire PP has short circuited the last month or two...we can probably expect that to regress back to normal too.

I'd say Naz is well on track to finish the season with his usual borderline 1st line production, but this time with great possession numbers to thanks to easier competition.

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Kadri 5v5 / PP

15/16: 14:22 (A qoc), 1.10p60, 0.99p1/60, 6.0oish%, 51.9cf% (+1.4), 49.3xgf% (-0.6rel) / 2:36, 3.95p60, 3.04p1/60
16/17: 13:33 (A- qoc), 2.05p60, 1.51p1/60, 8.9oish%, 52.5cf% (+2.2rel), 53.3xgf% (+3.3rel) / 2:09, 5.76p60, 4.75p1/60
17/18: 13:44 (A qoc), 1.80p60, 1.42p1/60, 8.1oish%, 50.1cf% (-1.1rel), 48.3xgf% (-4.0rel) / 2:03, 6.94p60, 5.84p1/60
18/19: 13:20 (C+ qoc), 1.65p60, 1.29p1/60, 7.0oish%, 54.2cf% (+3.6rel), 52.7xgf% (+1.4rel) / 2:24, 4.58p60, 3.05p1/60

the 16-17 season does seem to be a high mark for him - the only time he was able to actually dominate in 1st-line type usage. (though he was still a solid possession player in the 2 other years he had first line usage)..and he also benefitted from a high oish% that year. Last year his even strength struggles were actually masked a bit by a big year on the PP - he was decently productive 5v5 but his possession tanked (arguably thanks to Leo).

This year with the easier 3rd line usage he's now dominating possession at a level he really hasn't before - which isn't surprising when qoc goes down. His offense is a bit low 5v5 but that is probably just an unlucky oish%, and will likely normalize by the end of the year. The PP production has also been down but that's because the entire PP has short circuited the last month or two...we can probably expect that to regress back to normal too.

I'd say Naz is well on track to finish the season with his usual borderline 1st line production, but this time with great possession numbers to thanks to easier competition.

Interesting, thanks for these numbers. Looks like these rumors of Kadri's decline have been greatly overstated (but most of us knew that anyway) but always nice to have the numbers to back it up.

Reactions: stickty111

ULF_55

Feb 27, 2002
Mountain Standard Ti
Visit site
Interesting, thanks for these numbers. Looks like these rumors of Kadri's decline have been greatly overstated (but most of us knew that anyway) but always nice to have the numbers to back it up.

He's worth keeping but he's also worth trading.

He's a very good asset.

He'll be 29 in October, but he's never relied on speed so he may be effective into his 30's.

He's never been all in like Clark, so physically he can still pick his spots.

He's a good package and should be able to play the 3rd. line center role for a few more years, and if he plays with an effective puck carrier, he knows where to go.

Reactions: The Apologist

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He's worth keeping but he's also worth trading.

He's a very good asset.

He'll be 29 in October, but he's never relied on speed so he may be effective into his 30's.

He's never been all in like Clark, so physically he can still pick his spots.

He's a good package and should be able to play the 3rd. line center role for a few more years, and if he plays with an effective puck carrier, he knows where to go.

I believe this is spot on and means we should be in no rush to trade him. We're also not deep at centre and even more importantly IMO, we really need Kadri's grit. Put all these things together and I think he'll be here for a while yet.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I love that it is now into his 3rd year of his 6 year deal and despite a few posters who insisted that we would not resign him and then said we would trade him soon. He is still here and going strong. His contract is a tremendous value an easily one of the best contracts in the NHL.

He is playing as good as ever as his stats support that. He has a low shooting percentage right now but I expect that to get better over the year and he is still on the top pp unit and when that starts to roll again so will his points.

The fact that threads keep popping up and the rational posters keep supporting Kadri as they should must drive the few detractors crazy and for that I am grateful.

Kadri keep being Kadri as he is the push back player on the Leafs and his value to us is much higher to the Leafs then others.,

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
I love that it is now into his 3rd year of his 6 year deal and despite a few posters who insisted that we would not resign him and then said we would trade him soon. He is still here and going strong. His contract is a tremendous value an easily one of the best contracts in the NHL.

He is playing as good as ever as his stats support that. He has a low shooting percentage right now but I expect that to get better over the year and he is still on the top pp unit and when that starts to roll again so will his points.

The fact that threads keep popping up and the rational posters keep supporting Kadri as they should must drive the few detractors crazy and for that I am grateful.

Kadri keep being Kadri as he is the push back player on the Leafs and his value to us is much higher to the Leafs then others.,

He really shouldn’t be on the top power play unit, he has the least amount of power play points. Granted Tavares has only one more but Kadri is mostly wasted on the unit. He should run the second unit with Nylander. It’s also just a bad idea to put our three centers on the same power play.

TheOneArmedMan

Jan 17, 2011
I like Kadri and I'm sure he will be here for a few more years if they don't feel the need to move him. He does dissapear for weeks when he's cold not producing a little frustrting but he's still good overall.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
He really shouldn’t be on the top power play unit, he has the least amount of power play points. Granted Tavares has only one more but Kadri is mostly wasted on the unit. He should run the second unit with Nylander. It’s also just a bad idea to put our three centers on the same power play.

I think a role on the 2nd PP would be awesome for him. He’s searching for a role on this team.

Reactions: HamiltonNHL
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad