Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
Loved the big hit most of all as Kadri plays better when he plays physical with an edge, and it showed through the game as he was engaged and rewarded with a Hatty.

Reactions: saffronleaf

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Where are you getting "apoplectic" from in my post?

Bluelines, you don't have to get all apoplectic everytime somebody disagrees with you. You're post showed more frustration than mine.

Dude, News Flash : the world does not revolve around you. Pretty sure that sentence started with the word PEOPLE... PEOPLE suggests more than one PERSON, are you all the PEOPLE in the world or are you one PERSON? The smart money is on me addressing more than just one PERSON.

Words do matter, maybe try reading for comprehension instead of reading for assumption next time.

Joey Hoser

Jan 8, 2008
Guelph
Dude, News Flash : the world does not revolve around you. Pretty sure that sentence started with the word PEOPLE... PEOPLE suggests more than one PERSON, are you all the PEOPLE in the world or are you one PERSON? The smart money is on me addressing more than just one PERSON.

Words do matter, maybe try reading for comprehension instead of reading for assumption next time.

You quoted my post and were clearly replying to me. I don't even know what you are doing now, trying to say you weren't talking to me. That doesn't make sense. You were talking to "people"? Who?

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Double checking the Center PPG rates.....

6.Matthews 1.23 (18:06toi - 44th)
15.Tavares 1.10 (19:04toi - 29th)
41.Kadri 0.65 (16:36toi - 58th)

Huh. This almost makes it seem like Kadri hasn't just had one good game this season. It almost makes it seem like he's having ... a good season. :)

Kadri hat trick, Matthews scores, Nylander played well.
It sucks we have a break now.

It's fine. You may have said the same if the TB game was the last game before the break and look what happened after that. Look at it this way, they have 9 days now for that game to sink in and that might actually be a good thing.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
You quoted my post and were clearly replying to me. I don't even know what you are doing now, trying to say you weren't talking to me. That doesn't make sense. You were talking to "people"? Who?

Grammar not your strong suit eh? LOL...

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Seriously?

"Naz is slow"
Maybe he is , who cares, he's never been fast or known as a good skater. I'd be more concerned if Kappy or Marleau lost their speed, its what makes them special.

"Naz game has tailed off"
3 goals in the last 30 games would suggest that he has tailed off, one great game does not change the fact he has not been physically engaged as he was in the past and 3 goals in 30 games is horrid for a guy who can be much better.

"Naz is a liability"
He has not been producing and he was not getting the line match up with the other teams best. If you are not helping the team, you are hurting the team.

"Naz is too expensive as a 4.5 C that isn't scoring"
Three goals in 30 games would put him somewhere near a 9 goal season pace. If you think $4.5 mil is the going rate for a 9 goal scorer, send me a contract, I'll get you 9.

People, you don't have to get apoplectic every time someone criticizes your guy, sometimes the criticism is fair. I'd bet if you asked Kadri if he would say he had a good 1st half , he would say no.

The fact he had a poor 1st half does not mean he is a garbage player, it means he had a bad 1st half. He could go on a 20 goal tear in the 2nd half of the season and all is forgotten but to say a hatty makes all the struggles of the 1st half disappear and makes all of the previous criticisms invalid, it is for a lack of a better word stupid.
So your posting that Kadri was on pace for 9 goals this season before last nights hat trick when he had 10 goals before his hat trick last night. You can not ignore his previous 7 goals this season and say he was producing at a 9 goal pace. So I guess Mathews was producing at a 6 goal pace this year as well.

Manipulating numbers to suit your agenda while ignoring facts is disingenuous.

Naz was never producing like a 9 goal scorer and ignoring his total goals/points so you can attemp to say he is over paid is laughable. Naz is on pace for 55 points that is fantastic for a 3 line center and why anyone has any issue with this kind of production is beyond me. Hell we just paid a winger with similar production 7m per and people are telling me this is the going rate.

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
So your posting that Kadri was on pace for 9 goals this season before last nights hat trick when he had 10 goals before his hat trick last night. You can not ignore his previous 7 goals this season and say he was producing at a 9 goal pace. So I guess Mathews was producing at a 6 goal pace this year as well.

Naz was never producing like a 9 goal scorer and ignoring his total goals/points so you can attemp to say he is over paid is laughable. Naz is on pace for 55 points that is fantastic for a 3 line center and why anyone has any issue with this kind of production is beyond me. Hell we just paid a winger with similar production 7m per and people are telling me this is the going rate.

What is it with people that cant read with comprehension or can read but read with a bias, dude reread what I posted. I said over a 30 game stretch he was producing at a 9 g per year clip in response to a comment that he was in a state of decline. For over 60% of the season he was performing at a very low pace, that would suggest that he was in a state of decline, unlucky, playing distracted or whatever but for those 30 consecutive games, not an insignificant portion of the season, he performed horrible relative to the last 2 seasons. That is a fact end of discussion, that is not debatable.

He is a guy who goes super cold and super hot for stretches, I would not be surprised to see him score 10 goals in 20 games after the break, heck it wouldn't surprise me to see him score 15 in the remaining 30ish games.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
What is it with people that cant read with comprehension or can read but read with a bias, dude reread what I posted. I said over a 30 game stretch he was producing at a 9 g per year clip in response to a comment that he was in a state of decline. For over 60% of the season he was performing at a very low pace, that would suggest that he was in a state of decline, unlucky, playing distracted or whatever but for those 30 consecutive games, not an insignificant portion of the season, he performed horrible relative to the last 2 seasons. That is a fact end of discussion, that is not debatable.

He is a guy who goes super cold and super hot for stretches, I would not be surprised to see him score 10 goals in 20 games after the break, heck it wouldn't surprise me to see him score 15 in the remaining 30ish games.
Now your complaining that I read a bias post with a bias...priceless!

Reactions: PromisedLand

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013
Now your complaining that I read a bias post with a bias...priceless!

Obviously my bad, you are the smartest person you know, the way you replied just confirms you are bias free ... yup sure does... uh huh... totally...

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Obviously my bad, you are the smartest person you know, the way you replied just confirms you are bias free ... yup sure does... uh huh... totally...
As per usual you resort to personal attacks when presented with logic. Have a good day Pookie...I mean bluelines.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
As per usual you resort to personal attacks when presented with logic. Have a good day Pookie...I mean bluelines.

LMAO. I know exactly how you feel, those two have exactly the same MO in that regard and that's why they make up 66.66% of my ignore list. Lemme know if they ever grow up, if they do I'll consider letting them back into my life. ;)

Reactions: diceman934

Bluelines

Python FTW!
Nov 17, 2013

LOL good god a personal attacks, drama much? Did you just call me Pookie.... geeeze thanks man...that guy is a saint. You have half his hockey knowledge.

Dude either you are a troll or you simply misread / misunderstood what I posted. The last 4 post wouldn't have been necessary if you simply just chose to either not troll or to read for comprehension, instead of admitting you didn't read my post correctly, you continue to come at me. Dude your poor reading skills is not my issue, blame that on the education system.

You wasted enough of my day, either reread my post or don't reply back to me, either way you continually demonstrate a history of antagonizing other posters after you fail to clearly understand what they post, so my bad for getting sucked into your world. Based on your history I should know better.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

**cough**

We can not afford to pay a 3rd line center 5m under the cap if we are keeping Mathews, Marner and Nylander. So we need a center from within or a cheaper option..

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Loved the big hit most of all as Kadri plays better when he plays physical with an edge, and it showed through the game as he was engaged and rewarded with a Hatty.

It’s like when I have a Scotch. I don’t normally have them.

But when I have one I wonder where has this been. This is some good shit.

Hopefully we don’t go another month between Scotches... or hits.

giphy.gif

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
LOL good god a personal attacks, drama much? Did you just call me Pookie.... geeeze thanks man...that guy is a saint. You have half his hockey knowledge.

Dude either you are a troll or you simply misread / misunderstood what I posted. The last 4 post wouldn't have been necessary if you simply just chose to either not troll or to read for comprehension, instead of admitting you didn't read my post correctly, you continue to come at me. Dude your poor reading skills is not my issue, blame that on the education system.

You wasted enough of my day, either reread my post or don't reply back to me, either way you continually demonstrate a history of antagonizing other posters after you fail to clearly understand what they post, so my bad for getting sucked into your world. Based on your history I should know better.

Thanks.

I don’t know what he’s on about anyways.

Whether Kadri plays good or bad... @diceman934 is on record as saying... well more like berating people.... that we can’t afford him going forward.

See?

We can not afford to pay a 3rd line center 5m under the cap if we are keeping Mathews, Marner and Nylander. So we need a center from within or a cheaper option..

Best we just focus on the possible return and who will play 3C next year.

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
idc about your perspective Kadri has been playing well for most of the year,

Eh ?

Not really.

Naz was rattled by the playoff suspension and it has impacted him. Throw in the wedding thing and some posts and it hasn't gone superb.

He's a great 3C. Would love to see the full Naz by the playoffs. So far, he's not on his A game.

Reactions: RLF

FraumBallard

Dec 9, 2018

What do the numbers say?
Isn't that all you fancy stat guys take into consideration?
Isn't that all that matters in hockey now?
Is there a number that shows the impact of a big hit?
Hmmm.

Havoc

Jul 25, 2009
Thanks.

I don’t know what he’s on about anyways.

Whether Kadri plays good or bad... @diceman934 is on record as saying... well more like berating people.... that we can’t afford him going forward.

See?

Best we just focus on the possible return and who will play 3C next year.

Ouch lol

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Eh ?

Not really.

Naz was rattled by the playoff suspension and it has impacted him. Throw in the wedding thing and some posts and it hasn't gone superb.

He's a great 3C. Would love to see the full Naz by the playoffs. So far, he's not on his A game.

It has been kind of a weird season for him hasn't it. He keeps getting different linemates who often have been struggling so no real chemistry has developed. He's looked off for sure (at least to me) on a number of nights, not as engaged as we've come to expect. He hasn't looked like he has a well defined role on the PP so not really doing much there. And yet, you look at the numbers and somehow, after just one remarkable game he's on pace to basically match last years totals. Imagine where he'd be if he was rolling along all season?

Bottom line I guess is that he's been nowhere as bad as some people would have us believe. But at the same time, he has been better, he still can be better and he was pretty amazing last night. That was the "full Naz" that you mentioned and wasn't it a beautiful thing to watch? There's no one else on our team who can bring what he brings when he's at his best and that's a fact!

I've said it all season - talking about trading Kadri is idiotic, talk about him being on a decline because someone shows us some points on a graph is crap and the fact that he's on pace to match last years totals without the benefit of having Marner on his wing seems like pretty strong evidence of that to me. He's been through so much and always comes through it stronger for the adversity, he's the last person on the team I'd be worried about when he's slumping and I'm confident that he'll be there for us when we need him the most. I'm so thrilled that we have Kadri on our team, he really is a beauty and I believe that the best for him (and for the team) is yet to come. He still has plenty in the tank and we'll all be thankful for that when we're doing battle in the playoffs there is no doubt in my mind about that whatsoever!

HamiltonNHL

Parity era hockey is just puck luck + draft luck
Jan 4, 2012
I've said it all season - talking about trading Kadri is idiotic,
Kadri loves being a Leaf.
He loves playing Hockey in a city where his Dad lives.
He'd take a pay cut to remain a Leaf.
Kadri will be a Leaf for the foreseeable future.

Moving Kadri, a guy who loves being a Leaf, sends a message of no one is safe. Bad vibe.

leaffaninvancouver

formerly in Victoria
Jan 11, 2012
Kadri loves being a Leaf.
He loves playing Hockey in a city where his Dad lives.
He'd take a pay cut to remain a Leaf.
Kadri will be a Leaf for the foreseeable future.

Moving Kadri, a guy who loves being a Leaf, sends a message of no one is safe. Bad vibe.

I doubt we trade him but he will be almost impossible to sign at the end of this contract unless he takes a ludicrously team friendly deal. We simply can’t afford to pay him the 7 or so million he’ll command.

Reactions: stickty111
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad