Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
If it was actual hatred I might agree, but the hate comment gets thrown around so much anymore against anyone who dares criticize the guy....
It's really just one guy though, haven't seen anyone accuse people critical of him for being haters otherwise

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
It's really just one guy though, haven't seen anyone accuse people critical of him for being haters otherwise
Stick around. I've seen many, myself included.
And generally that one person, even when posting rational, thought provoking comments, gets ridiculed by the same gang of people every single thread.

The very same people who would be setting records for the use of the word 'Bozak' in every game day thread.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
I'm sorry man, you lost me here.
Im sorry to read you can't even acknowledge that a poster you disagree with can have valid points.

Maybe these boards would be more tolerable if people could.

Edit - deleted my rather rude post because I don't wanna be that guy. And your response is gold considering what I was responding to. ;)

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
And your response is gold considering what I was responding to. ;)
Eh not really, I didn't insult you, just don't agree with you :dunno: It is what it is. I don't see the points made as being very rational or thoughtful. There are other posters like RLF who have criticisms but are much more tactful in their discussion.

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012
I have little interest in debating people who irrationally hate. I don't drop accusations lightly. Kadri has been the subject of vile targeting throughout the internet. I can accept criticism but a true fan of the team would not have constantly targeted a leaf player throughout the past three years that scored the eighth most goals as a center in the league and was paid what he was. You are free to ignore the evidence. Close your eyes. I have not been fighting people's general criticism lately because I feel criticism is due. However, the poster chose to comment in response to my post that "The Fanclub is an embarrassment." Why do you think that is? What has Kadri in particular done to deserve such distain and why should his fans be an embarrassment?

Per the bold, I'm guessing you don't know what confirmation bias means. Per the bold, I don't ignore evidence and I certainly don't engage in discharging my responsibility when engaging weighty social issues. Per the bold...What I DETEST is being the subject of self-generating realities that deform actual participation into questionable participation to fit the narrative. I strongly encourage you not to do that with me or my replies. Per the bold, your reply reads an awful lot in character like the person you're claiming poses an irrational hate, in that, my comment which criticizes the method of leveling the charge as opposed to the charge itself (i.e. I don't know whether it's true or not) is being received as something unreasonable...And if criticizing your method renders a conclusion that I'm ignoring evidence and closing my eyes, then it appears you consider ANY criticism of your position as equivocal to a person engaged in prejudice WHICH cannot be the case in my case since I haven't...taken...a position...in the argument.

For the record, I've supported Kadri and still do. For the record, I didn't actually state that your assertions were invalid. I simply said in other words, that if you're operating on a strong belief based on what you believe you've inferred correctly and you're wrong, not only are you wrong, you are wrong on a level that borders on harassment. You're contending that a member is (per your comparison of Kadri's "targeting" throughout the internet) engaging in pretty serious and questionable behavior, aren't you?

IF that's your strong conviction, what are you doing using Kadri's value as a hockey player as subtext to push through your strong suspicion that the member in question is actually engaged in prejudice of a kind unrelated to hockey and not notifying HFBoards that you've got a valid claim to have a member suspended on what you're strongly pushing as completely reasonable grounds?

See the point? IF you're right, you should be doing something other than inciting some SJW sub-conversation within hockey-centric threads. IF you're wrong, you're impugning a member as being prejudice of a kind he/she might not be, and that will have been the only actual thing you've accomplished, which...is repugnant.

See what confirmation bias provides for in a conversation like this is very real possibility that the member is either "trolling" the "Fanbase" or, actually doesn't care for the player based on personal preference, not unlike what's happening to Jake Gardiner, or what happened to James Reimer or Phil Kessel or Larry Murphy...There's a long and rightly uncelebrated history of Maple Leafs fans cognitive dissonance when it comes to appreciating good players...or very, very evil players depending on whose opinions you're reading.

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Eh not really, I didn't insult you, just don't agree with you :dunno: It is what it is. I don't see the points made as being very rational or thoughtful. There are other posters like RLF who have criticisms but are much more tactful in their discussion.
I guess it depends who you are referring to then.
The usual target generally backs up their claims with logic and stats. You may disagree with them but they're usually there.

Anyway, not sure we're gonna get anywhere. The usual Kadri gang will come in and white Knight and ruin any actual discussion as they usually do.

In the meantime, Naz with red light special tonight.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Per the bold, I'm guessing you don't know what confirmation bias means. Per the bold, I don't ignore evidence and I certainly don't engage in discharging my responsibility when engaging weighty social issues. Per the bold...What I DETEST is being the subject of self-generating realities that deform actual participation into questionable participation to fit the narrative. I strongly encourage you not to do that with me or my replies. Per the bold, your reply reads an awful lot in character like the person you're claiming poses an irrational hate, in that, my comment which criticizes the method of leveling the charge as opposed to the charge itself (i.e. I don't know whether it's true or not) is being received as something unreasonable...And if criticizing your method renders a conclusion that I'm ignoring evidence and closing my eyes, then it appears you consider ANY criticism of your position as equivocal to a person engaged in prejudice WHICH cannot be the case in my case since I haven't...taken...a position...in the argument.

For the record, I've supported Kadri and still do. For the record, I didn't actually state that your assertions were invalid. I simply said in other words, that if you're operating on a strong belief based on what you believe you've inferred correctly and you're wrong, not only are you wrong, you are wrong on a level that borders on harassment. You're contending that a member is (per your comparison of Kadri's "targeting" throughout the internet) engaging in pretty serious and questionable behavior, aren't you?

IF that's your strong conviction, what are you doing using Kadri's value as a hockey player as subtext to push through your strong suspicion that the member in question is actually engaged in prejudice of a kind unrelated to hockey and not notifying HFBoards that you've got a valid claim to have a member suspended on what you're strongly pushing as completely reasonable grounds?

See the point? IF you're right, you should be doing something other than inciting some SJW sub-conversation within hockey-centric threads. IF you're wrong, you're impugning a member as being prejudice of a kind he/she might not be, and that will have been the only actual thing you've accomplished, which...is repugnant.

See what confirmation bias provides for in a conversation like this is very real possibility that the member is either "trolling" the "Fanbase" or, actually doesn't care for the player based on personal preference, not unlike what's happening to Jake Gardiner, or what happened to James Reimer or Phil Kessel or Larry Murphy...There's a long and rightly uncelebrated history of Maple Leafs fans cognitive dissonance when it comes to appreciating good players...or very, very evil players depending on whose opinions you're reading.
Perhaps you should get your intellectual hubris in check and not insert yourself into an issue with the assumption that you are fully versed in the context of the issue. I'll state it again. I have no problem with criticism of Kadri. I have a problem with a problem with the continued attack even when he plays well given the known issue of ugly bias is always present among some out there. There is a poster that is constantly on attack and I call it as I see it.

Reactions: diceman934

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I guess it depends who you are referring to then.
The usual target generally backs up their claims with logic and stats. You may disagree with them but they're usually there.

Anyway, not sure we're gonna get anywhere. The usual Kadri gang will come in and white Knight and ruin any actual discussion as they usually do.

In the meantime, Naz with red light special tonight.

He definitely looks better with Kapanen this evening.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Enough with the constant attacks!!

Examples of my constant attacks:

- hats off for his charity work
- he’s really turned his life around, amazing strength of character
- great contract
- he’s got the most significant trade value we could parlay into something we really need

I should be less positive.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Perhaps you should get your intellectual hubris in check and not insert yourself into an issue with the assumption that you are fully versed in the context of the issue. I'll state it again. I have no problem with criticism of Kadri. I have a problem with a problem with the continued attack even when he plays well given the known issue of ugly bias is always present among some out there. There is a poster that is constantly on attack and I call it as I see it.

You have an imagined problem.

Reactions: The Apologist

The Apologist

Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Examples of my constant attacks:

- hats off for his charity work
- he’s really turned his life around, amazing strength of character
- great contract
- he’s got the most significant trade value we could parlay into something we really need
All I got from that was blah blah blah we don’t need Kadri. You just can’t help yourself

/s

Reactions: Pookie

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Excellent game tonight. If the refs called the game fairly he could've drawn a few power plays too, but alas the refs put their whistles away for the Leafs.

Reactions: stickty111

ITM

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
Jan 26, 2012

I think most people call most things as they "see it". The question that should always arise - especially in a public forum - is: Is it an accurate call?

If you read my reply, you'd have noted the point where I say that I don't know if your claims are true but take issue with the way in which the claim is being presented. Again, it seems ANY criticism toward your post is a criticism of your position. That's not my dog and that's not my fight.

You compared the member's constant attacks on Kadri with online hate unrelated to hockey. You certainly implied your suspicion in previous posts. To me, that's a serious accusation that merits serious address. My only concern is integrity of the claim as it occasions to DISRUPT a hockey forum. The hockey forum that I come to read hockey opinions and hockey "news" and hockey stats and theories and arguments about HOCKEY. So as I take the issue of prejudice seriously, and I take my time allotted for hockey talk, seriously, I'd like to think that there aren't people on here compelling conclusions of others with little more than the hint of evidence rather than the actual thing specific to the claim.

SO...If you have a legitimate claim, notify HFBoards with your findings. If you don't, for the life of me, why would you want to hint at prejudice without having actual, verifiable evidence to the effect? Is this your thing? Inducing a fact pattern after your gut tells you it's the right thing to do?

Even in the reply quoted, you state: "I have a problem with the continued attack even when he plays well given the known issue of ugly bias is always present among some out there."

Great. Fantastic. Terrific. Congratulations. I don't know what that has to do with the specific member on the specific claim. You've just described that the existence of hate is real and present...and out there... among some. But WHERE is that "ugly bias" SPECIFICALLY, HERE, by THAT MEMBER? I'm generally concerned and interested. Please. Set my intellectual hubris aright. Quote the member. Sincerely. Quote him and if proven right, I'LL WRITE HFBoards on your behalf.

Because for the life of me, I don't know what the hell you're on about other than attempting to incite some sort of virtue signaling rally on these hockey boards, one of the last bastions of online community that isn't Pejorative Slured by SJWs and their neo-Marxist thought policing idiocy.

I just finished a little online safari under the search words "Kadri + Online + Hate + Target" and didn't get a peach. Didn't find an ongoing SPECIFIC instance of concern for Nazem Kadri and a case for constant online non-hockey related prejudicial treatment.

So in two specific instances, I would like to be corrected. And if not corrected, explained as to why not.

Reactions: Pookie
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad