Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
On an unrelated topic, I had a back and forth with the same member. I believed that his argument was insufficient and that against evidence contrary to his position, that he simply willed his claims to be true despite not being true. A bad case of confirmation bias in my opinion. It happens.

What I’ve gathered from a couple of your posts is suspicion of a bias outside of hockey? And for the sake of argument, I would err away from such suspicion (if my inference is accurate.) because it will incite an exchange that could do two things: Note to interested people that you will resort to potentially false accusations to compel desired answers. Potentially impugn a member without verifiable cause.

And most times, you can’t unring that bell.
I have little interest in debating people who irrationally hate. I don't drop accusations lightly. Kadri has been the subject of vile targeting throughout the internet. I can accept criticism but a true fan of the team would not have constantly targeted a leaf player throughout the past three years that scored the eighth most goals as a center in the league and was paid what he was. You are free to ignore the evidence. Close your eyes. I have not been fighting people's general criticism lately because I feel criticism is due. However, the poster chose to comment in response to my post that "The Fanclub is an embarrassment." Why do you think that is? What has Kadri in particular done to deserve such distain and why should his fans be an embarrassment?

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Ziggdiezan

Apr 10, 2015
Naz is a great player who has performed poorly this year.

That being said take a look at Kadri's linemates this year and see how many there are and how little time he has played with the same 2 wingers.

It is a problem with the entire team actually. Having Nylander come back caused a reshuffle in the lineup that hasnt been fixed yet though I think Babcock constantly shuffling the lineup during games often doesnt help.

If a line like AJ, Matthews and Kap have 2 bad shifts together after hardly ever playing together, dont break it up. Let them work it out, they are talented professionals.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
I have little interest in debating people who irrationally hate. I don't drop accusations lightly. Kadri has been the subject of vile targeting throughout the internet. I can accept criticism but a true fan of the team would not have constantly targeted a leaf player throughout the past three years that scored the eighth most goals as a center in the league and was paid what he was. You are free to ignore the evidence. Close your eyes. I have not been fighting people's general criticism lately because I feel criticism is due. However, the poster chose to comment in response to my post that "The Fanclub is an embarrassment." Why do you think that is? What has Kadri in particular done to deserve such distain and why should his fans be an embarrassment?

It's amazing that one poster can rile people up so much, honestly think your all being way too sensitive not to mention extremely easy to bait.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
It's amazing that one poster can rile people up so much, honestly think your all being way too sensitive not to mention extremely easy to bait.
What amazes me more is that one guy can be obsessed with hating on a guy for years and years, to the point where he seems to get pleasure from whenever he makes mistakes. It's really creepy if you ask me.

Reactions: Gary Nylund

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
Unfortunately, with Kadri I think he’s the type of guy whose going to perform much better with more usage and responsibility, and hes simply not going to get that anymore now that Matthews and JT are both on the team.

But part of the current scoring slump is also definitely a bit of lousy puck luck.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009
What amazes me more is that one guy can be obsessed with hating on a guy for years and years, to the point where he seems to get pleasure from whenever he makes mistakes. It's really creepy if you ask me.

Don't think I ever read where posted stated he hated him, but too many on here throw that word around. It's especially evident with Kadri supporters.

Reactions: The Apologist

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
Always the same with Kadri, he needs to propped up by better players in order to have success.
Lol not at all. He could produce more if played with better players it is no where near he needs to be propped up. Look at his line mates over the years. So was Playing with Leo being propped up!

At least understand what you are saying before posting.

1specter

Sep 27, 2016
Don't think I ever read where posted stated he hated him, but too many on here throw that word around. It's especially evident with Kadri supporters.
When someone is that invested in someone failing I'm not really sure what else you can call it. It's been years of this now.

hate/dislike/disdain, call it whatever but it's still creepy

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I don’t know how many times I have to say it.... the Fanclub is the motive.

I’ve been extremely transparent about why I focus on the topic. They way the club treats people on here, deserves calling out.

Bullies don’t like it when people stand up. They flip. Flop. Make stuff up. Whatever.

So I stand.

Pretty simple.

Gallagbi

Formerly Eazy_B97
Jul 5, 2005
I don’t know how many times I have to say it.... the Fanclub is the motive.

I’ve been extremely transparent about why I focus on the topic. They way the club treats people on here, deserves calling out.

Bullies don’t like it when people stand up. They flip. Flop. Make stuff up. Whatever.

So I stand.

Pretty simple.
The hypocrisy is strong with this post.

Reactions: 1specter

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
He's struggling right now.

He's struggling as a 3rd. line center.

He has to be better.

Yes he does. The entire team seems off, not just Kadri. Some of this is on Babcock IMO, time to shake things up (and I mean something more than flipping Hyman from one line to the other).

We have a few players who look "off". Naz is just one of them. He can be a key contributor for sure. I have no desire to trade him unless the return was an obvious improvement for us. If he plays on the edge, but not over, he could be a key factor in the playoffs. I still think he is not really sure of his purpose 5v5 or on the PP. That part needs to get figured out, either by him, or better explained by coaches.

I think we should try matching him up against key players again, he excelled at this for the last couple of years, why did we stop? People will say too much ice-time for him but he doesn't have to take every single shift against whoever, just most of them. Or maybe take him off the PP for a while and make his job to match-up at ES and that's it. I'm getting annoyed at Babcock's pig-headedness, like why not try Matthews and Marner together? If not now then when? It's almost like he's decided that this will never happen for some mysterious reason but I digress ...

All this is spot on. Would only add that it's actually been longer than three years, it's obsessively creepy.

Just calling a spade a spade is all.

The Apologist

Apologizing for Leaf garbage since 1979
Oct 16, 2007
Leaf Nation Hell
Yup, Kadri is the first and only guy in the history of the Leafs to generate such a response.
/S

Reactions: Pookie

Leafs at Knight

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Mar 4, 2011
London, Ontario
There's a difference between Matthews struggles - where he's still been pretty good, and has been a positive impact on the ice; albeit he's still not quite his former self yet, and Kadri where he's disappeared for the majority of the season, and is on pace for like 15 goals.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013

I like your stretch. I say the Fanclub is an embarrassment based on the way the Fanclub acts. Not Kadri.

See how actual words matter?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Not baited. Just calling out filthy intentions

Imagined filthy intentions.

Because if you were educated on the subject of that slander that you want to hit me with, you’d actually have learned that in the now defunct political forum on these boards.... I posted hundreds of comments against Trump’s Nationalism, his White Surpemacist backers, his travel ban, his transgender military ban, Mike’s Pence’s Homophobia and our own Doug Ford’s draconian sex Ed curriculum roll back.

Internet caches can check that for you.

Check them. Then come back and apologize. And we can get along just fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad