Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
How is a veteran center who is approaching 29 years of age and over 500 games in the NHL still in need of having someone get him engaged? If he still doesn't know how to bring it on a consistent basis for weeks at a time, I don't think it's the role that's been given to him.

I love you man

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
Babcock puts every plug on the line that doesnt get to play with Matthew's. Why is there never any concern about Kadri's linemates?
I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence.

And there has been concern about Kadri's linemate, but are you suggesting they are why he is not all that good defensively? I think it's more the other way - Komarov's defensive ability masked Kadri's lack, and without Komarov, that has become apparent.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
I'm not sure what you mean by the first sentence.

And there has been concern about Kadri's linemate, but are you suggesting they are why he is not all that good defensively? I think it's more the other way - Komarov's defensive ability masked Kadri's lack, and without Komarov, that has become apparent.
What I am saying is that Kadri's linemate decisions have little to do with who he produces with and more to do with who is not playing with Matthew's.

Reactions: diceman934

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
You are a disgrace. Still have never seen an admission from you that you were completely wrong about him in prior years. Why is that? Explain to everyone why you have hated Kadri above all for so long. Have the guts.

Some people are just like that - I'd be shocked if you ever get a better answer than that.

Reactions: 1specter

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Some people are just like that - I'd be shocked if you ever get a better answer than that.
I am ok with criticism. That is basically part of being a sports fan.I do not enjoy the over the top filibuster of productive discussion that goes on here because people are so socially imbalanced. In the case of Kadri, something far more insiduous is going on but it generally applies to all the players that some people hate obsess about. Seriously going to start blocking the losers showing derangement syndrome over some players. This forum is getting out of hand

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
I am ok with criticism. That is basically part of being a sports fan.I do not enjoy the over the top filibuster of productive discussion that goes on here because people are so socially imbalanced. In the case of Kadri, something far more insiduous is going on but it generally applies to all the players that some people hate obsess about. Seriously going to start blocking the losers showing derangement syndrome over some players. This forum is getting out of hand

I know how you feel. It's weird, even though the team is better than ever, this place seems like it's worse than it's ever been.

Mess

Global Moderator
Feb 27, 2002
Leafs Home Board
I know how you feel. It's weird, even though the team is better than ever, this place seems like it's worse than it's ever been.

Last years Leafs finished with 105 points ..
vs
This years Leafs 28-15-2 = [on pace for 105.6 points]

+ JT current improvement = no change

"Better than ever" being measured by ?

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
I think with another year of maturity and the addition of Tavares many thought this team would really take off.
Seems like they treading water a bit and maybe it's just perception but it doesn't look like the effort is there at times.

Reactions: ULF_55

ShaneFalco

Jul 15, 2012
London, On
I think with another year of maturity and the addition of Tavares many thought this team would really take off.
Seems like they treading water a bit and maybe it's just perception but it doesn't look like the effort is there at times.

And some of the same problems persist. Hemmed in their own zone, too many shots, lack of a solid forecheck, predictability, not starting on time (moreso this year it seems), the stretch pass that has never been effective

BigGulpsEh

Feb 20, 2017

It’s their play of late is whats frustrating. I agree Some people are just toxic in here and take it too far with their comments.

The players, coaches and management should be criticized right now though. The product on the ice has been ugly for awhile now

Reactions: SAMCRO44

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013
Last years Leafs finished with 105 points ..
vs
This years Leafs 28-15-2 = [on pace for 105.6 points]

+ JT current improvement = no change

"Better than ever" being measured by ?

My top secret advanced formula. ;)

Yeah that's fair and I get that. On the other hand, every team has slumps so I think it would be wise to hold off on forming the lynch mob just yet.

It’s their play of late is whats frustrating. I agree Some people are just toxic in here and take it too far with their comments.

The players, coaches and management should be criticized right now though. The product on the ice has been ugly for awhile now

Agreed.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You are a disgrace. Still have never seen an admission from you that you were completely wrong about him in prior years. Why is that? Explain to everyone why you have hated Kadri above all for so long. Have the guts.

Is that you Rudi Giuliani?

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
I have blocked only one person and now I can read threads about Kadri without having to reply to the same person. Every hockey person who knows anything about hockey states the same things. Kadri is always getting linemates who struggle offensively and when paired with players who cam produce he is fantastic.

I love Kadri and will until he can no longer play the same game that he plays. He will be huge if we are to have success in the playoffs.

Mr Hockey

Toronto
May 11, 2017
I have blocked only one person and now I can read threads about Kadri without having to reply to the same person. Every hockey person who knows anything about hockey states the same things. Kadri is always getting linemates who struggle offensively and when paired with players who cam produce he is fantastic.

I love Kadri and will until he can no longer play the same game that he plays. He will be huge if we are to have success in the playoffs.
We need him to be a force in the playoffs if we are going to go deep.

nsleaf

Oct 21, 2009

Always the same with Kadri, he needs to propped up by better players in order to have success.

Reactions: FreeBird

Gary Nylund

Oct 10, 2013

Just so you know, based on my experience, that person will still reply to your posts and twist your words around attributing statements to you that you never made.

Agreed. People talking about trading him haven't got a clue IMHO. We need more of the kind of passion he plays with, we have so few of them on this team, we need more players like him and trading him is basically suicidal. And before people start in on me, yes I know he's looked off lately but I have every confidence that he will be the Kadri of old again.

RLF

May 5, 2014
Just so you know, based on my experience, that person will still reply to your posts and twist your words around attributing statements to you that you never made.

Agreed. People talking about trading him haven't got a clue IMHO. We need more of the kind of passion he plays with, we have so few of them on this team, we need more players like him and trading him is basically suicidal. And before people start in on me, yes I know he's looked off lately but I have every confidence that he will be the Kadri of old again.

We have a few players who look "off". Naz is just one of them. He can be a key contributor for sure. I have no desire to trade him unless the return was an obvious improvement for us. If he plays on the edge, but not over, he could be a key factor in the playoffs. I still think he is not really sure of his purpose 5v5 or on the PP. That part needs to get figured out, either by him, or better explained by coaches.

ITM

As Long As It Takes
Jan 26, 2012

On an unrelated topic, I had a back and forth with the same member. I believed that his argument was insufficient and that against evidence contrary to his position, that he simply willed his claims to be true despite not being true. A bad case of confirmation bias in my opinion. It happens.

What I’ve gathered from a couple of your posts is suspicion of a bias outside of hockey? And for the sake of argument, I would err away from such suspicion (if my inference is accurate.) because it will incite an exchange that could do two things: Note to interested people that you will resort to potentially false accusations to compel desired answers. Potentially impugn a member without verifiable cause.

And most times, you can’t unring that bell.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->