Why is no one talking Kadri?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notDatsyuk

Jul 20, 2018
He likes and rises to the challenge. It's up to Babcock to challenge him.
The last time Babcock tried that, earlier in the season, it didn't work, mainly because Kadri is not a good shutdown player. If you put him with Hyman and Kapanen, it might work, but that would reduce Hyman's value, and continue to waste Kapanen.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Babcock needs to get him going. Give him some shut down minutes again - get him engaged

To what aim? His performance thus far indicates he can’t shut down the 3/4th lines.

You want to bury him under harder minutes?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Thanks. His contract isn't bad, but the MNTC would make trading him harder.

2.5 years into a 6 year deal and the media is talking trade (and apparently Leafs and Carolina did as well this offseason).

If it happens, I know a Fanclub that would be mad while eating crow.

Trapper

Nov 21, 2013
How are Kadri's advanced stats?
His shooting percentage and stuff? I'm sure he's shooting below his average so he will be just fine. Just unlucky.

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
Leaf's have 2 centers who in a 82 game season are on pace for 50+ goals, and people around here think Kadri is having a bad season for not being on pace for 30. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

Granted, he has looked off lately, and I have noticed him doing 1 move extra or not enough, resulting in dead plays, but how you can look at a 3rd line center (granted with 1st pp unit time) and see him on pace for just shy of 50 points and think he's having an extra poor season, I haven't a clue. If even 3-4 of his many posts took a different bounce, he'd be on pace for 50+ points and 25 ish goals. Really not bad for a 3rd line center.

He defiantly deserves some criticism right now, but lets try and be realistic here folks. He's playing 15 minutes a night, he's not going to go 30/30 this season, and never was. You'll see his worth come playoff time, just like last season.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
He defiantly deserves some criticism right now, but lets try and be realistic here folks. He's playing 15 minutes a night, he's not going to go 30/30 this season, and never was. You'll see his worth come playoff time, just like last season.

To be factual, he’s not playing less than 15 mins a night. He’s playing exactly the same amount of time as he did last year and slightly more than he did in his peak season

2016-17 - 16:35
2017-18 - 16:46
2018-19 - 16:46

.... against weaker opposition this year and maintains his spot on a PP that swapped Bozak for Tavares.

Expectations should higher than a 16 goal pace.

I hope we see a better post season and NOT at all like last year. Being demoted to the 4th line and getting suspended.

Last edited:
Reactions: ninetyone

Durrr

Sep 11, 2012
To be factual, he’s not playing less than 15 mins a night. He’s playing exactly the same amount of time as he did last year and slightly more than he did in his peak season

2016-17 - 16:35
2017-18 - 16:46
2018-19 - 16:46

.... against weaker opposition this year and maintains his spot on a PP that swapped Bozak for Tavares.

Expectations should higher than a 16 goal pace.

I hope we see a better post season and NOT at all like last year. Being demoted to the 4th line and getting suspended.

You're using numbers that are inflated due to Matthews missing 14 games. Look at the average with Matthews in the line up, which is what I was trying to get it. He's a 3rd line center on this team.

Either way, I agreed that he deserved some criticism, but you have have to be realistic. He's shooting under his career average, playing lesser minutes and if you look at his role on the PP, it's vastly different. Kadri had Tavares' role on the 1st PP unit last year, a spot that gets the tap ins, deflection and rebound goals (which JT obvious does far superior to Kadri). This is also the same PP that has been abysmal as of late.

coupe93

Dec 15, 2009
He didn’t get suspended until the playoffs that year.

When I say he misses him, it goes to the notion that tough teams play confident.

Someone has your back.

I don’t blame Kadri for shying away from rough stuff. Who on this team would come to his aid if needed?

He needs to play engaged though. Pretending to be a skilled superstar just doesn’t work. He’s at his best when gritty and edgy.

He could be looking out for himself financially like you said... or physically just wanting to not get hurt.

Either way it’s a marked change in his game.

Spot on.

Reactions: The Apologist

ninetyone

Jul 12, 2018
Naz hasn't looked right or comfortable. The revolving door linemates surely hasn't helped but he's looked really bad on the PP as well - errant passes, seemingly always a step behind (quickness, where he stands), fumbling passes. But 2 goals in 27 games for someone who scored 30 last year, who's on the #1PP?

Leafs are still a great team and I'm sure Marleau, Kadri, Nylander will pick up their game sooner than later. No worries at all on Auston, he's a superstar and it's just ebbs and flows for when things click or not.

The media loves storylines and will look for controversy, manufacture some when necessary, but let's not lose sight of the big picture.

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
You're using numbers that are inflated due to Matthews missing 14 games. Look at the average with Matthews in the line up, which is what I was trying to get it. He's a 3rd line center on this team.

Either way, I agreed that he deserved some criticism, but you have have to be realistic. He's shooting under his career average, playing lesser minutes and if you look at his role on the PP, it's vastly different. Kadri had Tavares' role on the 1st PP unit last year, a spot that gets the tap ins, deflection and rebound goals (which JT obvious does far superior to Kadri). This is also the same PP that has been abysmal as of late.

I used numbers that reflected his accurate usage.

16 goals isn’t good enough.

diceman934

Help is on the way.
Jul 31, 2010
NHL player factory
The "joke' here is you. You criticize everyone else's post, yet never post anything of substance at all. Why don't you just leave the boards if you don't like it.....or use the block button on me. Trust me, I won't mind.
I post plenty of substance but my response was bang on. It was a joke of post and stop and think before posting nonsense. Traded Kadri at this point when we lack push back would be akin to cutting off your arm because you have a sore finger.

Bs about him giving the puck away 5 times a game and needing to play on the 4th line. You are the poster who needs to get a grip.

LaPlante94

Apr 12, 2011
Yeah lets give him a shutdown role and then we have these same people whining that Matthews and other players aren't getting more minutes on the ice.

TIGERCOOL

Sep 29, 2014
the Marleau/Kadri/Willy line had 0 chemistry. I mean 0.

But now I'm scratching my head trying to think of who exactly Kadri has ever had good chemistry with. He did well with Mitch, but a plank of wood could score 15 goals with Mitch.

He seems like he's always thinking about how he's going to score, rather than how he's going to help his line succeed. We've already got two scoring centres who do it much better than Naz. If he's not mixing it up, getting in the other teams face and working the cycle he's just a seriously watered down version of Tavares. If that's the case I'll take a speedy third line center with an ounce of vision over that any day of the week.

When he's on his game I love him, but his problems become way more exaggerated when he's slumping. Total tunnel vision, frustration and poor positional play.

Reactions: Pookie

Stephen

Feb 28, 2002
Babcock needs to get him going. Give him some shut down minutes again - get him engaged

How is a veteran center who is approaching 29 years of age and over 500 games in the NHL still in need of having someone get him engaged? If he still doesn't know how to bring it on a consistent basis for weeks at a time, I don't think it's the role that's been given to him.

Reactions: Pookie

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
I post plenty of substance but my response was bang on. It was a joke of post and stop and think before posting nonsense. Traded Kadri at this point when we lack push back would be akin to cutting off your arm because you have a sore finger.

Bs about him giving the puck away 5 times a game and needing to play on the 4th line. You are the poster who needs to get a grip.

What we are spending is way too much for a 3C right Dick/Richard?

Pookie

Wear a mask
Oct 23, 2013
Just saying that everyone who seems to slump gets people shuffled around. Kadri is just expected to improve with his temporary line mates until they shuffle.

Kadri is expected to give a f***. The Fanclub is an embarrassment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad