Why is Jack Hughes on the third line?

valet

obviously adhd
Sponsor
Jan 26, 2017
buffalo
he shouldn't be in the nhl rn imo. his lack of size really hurts him and he's not quick enough to make up for it yet. putting him in the top 6 would just make those deficiencies look even worse than they already are

Reactions: phillydownsouth

Slap

Sep 28, 2017
With the lack of talent on NJ, why is Hughes not playing top 6 minutes? In the games I've watched he looks good out there.

I could understand if he was on a good contending team but he's on New Jersey. If you're not going to play him on top pp and top 6 why not just send him down and let him continue to develop?
Well then you haven't watched the same timeline with the rest of us.
He looks overwhelmed and it's going to take some time before he gets going.
Having him on the 3rd line away from the top competition is the best they can do, because having a 1st overall being send to minors is not an option for a franchize like the Devils.

behemolari

Dec 1, 2011
Again, if you're watching the games this is not the case. He's learning to adjust to the NHL game, as is to be expected. Especially for an undersized forward who's known for his offensive prowess.

I find it not-so-surprising that the Kakko fan club has made their way to this thread. Move on with your lives, folks.

What can you do. whenever you go to NJ forum to ask if Hughes is big enough to play in men league you get banned for trolling, it's same here?

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
1st oa means everything. I've checked the last 20 years and every 1oa has made the nhl as a 18 year old and contributed. Even maf played a backup role as a 18 year old. No way a 1st oa shouldn't be in nhl.
Then check again. Erik Johnson didn't.

MarkusNaslund19

Dec 28, 2005
ptrsid072915.jpg
Great career, but they were terrible in his 18 year old season.

Beukeboom

Apr 1, 2007
Seeing my first Hughes game tonight. People who say he's not ready can't have seen him play. Looks incredibly fast and agile. He'll be lethal within ten games or so.

How can he be too weak for a league where I have yet to see a hit in the first period btw?

Hatrix

Oct 7, 2017
After watching his play so far tonight it's pretty obvious. Doesn't seem to be pushing the play at all for a first overall.

Oak

Apr 22, 2012
MA
He should be playing wing. The kid does not play the correct style to center in the NHL, and he is also too weak/small.

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Satire

Nov 20, 2016
Actually in my opinion its badly build team.

They're like the Oilers in 2016. They are missing a couple key pieces but if they find their grove and get some goaltending I am not shocked if they win a round or two this year.

And for the record, Chiarelli destroyed that team that was on the brink with terrible trades and deal.

Reactions: Oneiro

KCC

Aug 15, 2007
He should be playing wing. The kid does not play the correct style to center in the NHL, and he is also too weak/small.

I've noticed he gets pushed off the puck so easily. Then again the slightest breeze and he topples over like a domino. He really should switch to wing. lol

Reactions: Pavel Buchnevich

Ducks in a row

Go Ducks Quack Quack
Dec 17, 2013
U.S.A.
Played 17:36 today against the Oilers which is the most mins in a game he has played and got 4 shots on goal most in a game but didn't rack up any points. I wonder when he will get his first point and if they will keep him up in the NHL to play more then 9 games.

Reactions: behemolari

aufheben

#Norris4Fox
Jan 31, 2013
New Jersey
Played 17:36 today against the Oilers which is the most mins in a game he has played and got 4 shots on goal most in a game but didn't rack up any points. I wonder when he will get his first point and if they will keep him up in the NHL to play more then 9 games.
He's not going to score any points until the 17th against the Rangers, during which he will score 5.

Pancakes

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Mar 4, 2011
Hynes is a horrendous coach that has been given way too long a leash. Shero is sticking with a bad coach for way too long just like he did in Pittsburgh. Hynes' teams have been terrible at puck possession most of his tenure there. I get that he has had some bad rosters, but this roster seems much better and they still look lost out there.

That said no matter how good or bad they are they will still find a way to go 4-0 against my Pens this year

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad