Why is Jack Hughes on the third line?

FanCos

Jun 4, 2016
He'll be fine. Not every top prospect can come into the league and do what McDavid, Pettersson, or Matthews did.

Think he'll still get around 45 points this season.
Well Petterson didn't come in immediately in his draft year, but a year later.
I guess that's the whole point here, is it better for an extremely skilled but still physically very raw player to wait? In Petterson's case the answer seems to be yes. He turns 21 next month, in the beginning of his second season.

I would expect Hughest to be quite a player when he's 21. That's almost 3 years away.

Last edited:

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
Well Petterson didn't come in immediately in his draft year, but a year later.
I guess that's the whole point here, is it better for an extremely skilled but still physically very raw player to wait? In Petterson's case the answer seems to be yes. He turns 21 next month, in the beginning of his second season.

I would expect Hughest to be quite a player when he's 21. That's almost 3 years away.

Why 21? That seems like a weird, arbitrary number. Patrick Kane looked like someone's kid brother when he broke into the league.

FanCos

Jun 4, 2016
Why 21? That seems like a weird, arbitrary number. Patrick Kane looked like someone's kid brother when he broke into the league.
Because the poster I quoted referred to Petterson, who was almost 2 years older than Hughes when he came to league. And is 21 about now.

Puckluck13

Sep 28, 2019
Good thing coach smartened up and finally put him with Hall and on first pp. Idiotic decision to start the season.

Mick Riddleton

“A day without sunshine is like, you know, night.”
Apr 24, 2017
Niagara
He is small and the AHL does have more idiots looking to make a name for themselves running players. May be best for him to stay were he is.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad