Why is Jack Hughes on the third line?

Blender

Dec 2, 2009
One of the Devils best players against Philadelphia and Edmonton, and the advance stats support this 100% just like they showed how awful he was in the first 2 games, somehow people still piling in here to say how bad he has been though.

Motte and Bailey

Jun 21, 2017
One of the Devils best players against Philadelphia and Edmonton, and the advance stats support this 100% just like they showed how awful he was in the first 2 games, somehow people still piling in here to say how bad he has been though.

Just let it happen. Will be a hilarious thread to look back on when Jack gets comfortable and turns into an absolute beast.

NJ DevLolz

The Many Saints of Newark
Sep 30, 2017
Nurse forced multiple Hughes turnovers including one strip that led directly to a Granlund breakaway on a stretch pass the other way.

He had another turnover that he forced in OT on Hughes as well as multiple other ones and moving him off the puck along the boards.

Not saying Hughes doesn’t have elite skill and won’t be a good player but he didn’t have any points and basically had one alright shot into Koskinen’s logo early. He’s got a ways to go. Saying xgf% of 73 doesn’t encapsulate what you’re suggesting it does.
Yes it does. Xgf% takes into account the chances Edmonton had while on the ice

ImNeverWrong

THE HF ALPHA
Jan 18, 2018
Never said to brush him off. Said that’s the reason why he looks better. Try reading before trying to have a conversation.
"Of course he looks better when he only starts in the offensive zone"
I know how to read, you seemed quite ready to dismiss the kid because "he looked better." BE BE BE BE CAUSE HE ONLY STARTS IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE", the Dahlin fanboy muttered.

Dahlin 2 Eichel

Sep 21, 2013
Roaming The Sewers
"Of course he looks better when he only starts in the offensive zone"
I know how to read, you seemed quite ready to dismiss the kid because "he looked better." BE BE BE BE CAUSE HE ONLY STARTS IN THE OFFENSIVE ZONE", the Dahlin fanboy muttered.
Is my information wrong? Jack hasn’t done anything yet. He isn’t the team saviour that you all made him out to be. “OMG we have subban and jack hughes. Playoffs here we come!!!” Mean while hughes is looking exactly how I thought. A young kid who is too small and soft to do anything in the NHL. He isn’t some superstar. He is a player with high skill but he is no franchise changer.

Rather have Dahlin than Jackeline Hughes all day every day.

Tage2Tuch

Because TheJackAttack is in Black
May 10, 2004
CAN

They do this to mittlestadt and Hischier too.

Whenever a guy is a top prospect or pick and gets in 25-50 pt range all hell breaks loose, and it doesent matter if they are great in the games they don’t get points. Like mittlestadt tonight, it will come in time. The praise.

It’s that other fans don’t watch these players and just stay watch and say that’s all that matters

Sylfan

Jun 22, 2016
I think the kid has the potential to be the "shot assist" leader in his career. Just that good.

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
Is my information wrong? Jack hasn’t done anything yet. He isn’t the team saviour that you all made him out to be. “OMG we have subban and jack hughes. Playoffs here we come!!!” Mean while hughes is looking exactly how I thought. A young kid who is too small and soft to do anything in the NHL. He isn’t some superstar. He is a player with high skill but he is no franchise changer.

Rather have Dahlin than Jackeline Hughes all day every day.
Is Hughes being played on the wing? He’s kind of light to be able to be a centre, especially in his own zone. I see him as a winger in the NHL.

sawchuk1971

Jun 16, 2011
Jack Hughes isn't a top 6 player yet, that is why.
he played against inferior competition....thats the reason for 1st overall....

he should've went to the OHL route instead playing for USNTDP....

he'll be a bust...just watch...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->