Who's the most homer TV announcers?

a mangy Meowth

Ross Colton Fan
Jun 21, 2012
Highlands Ranch, CO
No it wasn't. It was from the shortened 2012-2013 season. The game you're thinking of was the previous season, when Cam Atkinson scored a hat trick.

Personally, I find it funny. It sounds like someone tried to splice together two different tracks of him talking, but did a crappy job of it. :laugh:

Thanks for the clarification

goawaygary*

These 2 numbnuts

SamJoe_0201_BowlLand2.jpg

tpedersen21

Jan 14, 2011
Minnesota
Jack Edwards is a fan of the Bruins, no doubt about it.

Mike Haynes doesn't yell SCOOOOREEE when the opponent scores.

At least they don't mislead viewers like the clowns that call Wild games.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
the meltdown by toronto media puts them in the lead--they got more upset then Buffalo or Pheonix

But the media in Toronto towards the Leafs is NEVER positive.
I didn't even really see anything about anyone being upset.
Dare I say I even thought I sensed some careerist glee from it.
Even during the 10-1-1 stretch.

Since this is about homerism, anything Leafs wise doesn't exist.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Calgary get's 4 goals scored on them "They were all fluke goals and lucky bounces, team's playing great"

Hynh

Jun 19, 2012
But the media in Toronto towards the Leafs is NEVER positive.
I didn't even really see anything about anyone being upset.
Dare I say I even thought I sensed some careerist glee from it.
Even during the 10-1-1 stretch.

Since this is about homerism, anything Leafs wise doesn't exist.

Last season Dreger would go on TSN and say whatever the Leafs wanted him to say.

Ellipson

Aug 29, 2008
I was watching a CBJ feed way back when Brule was playing for them, and the announcers were complimenting his "Crosby-like moves."

Burned into my brain for eternity. I can't think of bad announcers and not think of that moment.

RobBrown4PM

Pringles?
Oct 12, 2009
Calgary showed me, how quick of a turnaround it can be.
If getting rid of Dion was good for them, it should be for us.

Those rumours about being a problem in the locker room were not just made up. There's usually a truth or two in the rumours surrounding players in the NHL.

strictlyrandy

Sep 9, 2013
Colorado
The Avs announcers can be awfully brutal. They spend so much time complimenting the opposing players or they are blind homers. As an Avalanche fan I can't stand them.

Still, Jack Edwards is the worst. He takes the cake here.

Minnesota's crew is painful too. Still not as bad as Edwards.

Pyrophorus

Jun 1, 2009
Eastern GTA
Last season Dreger would go on TSN and say whatever the Leafs wanted him to say.

You have the memos as proof?

Just because they're cousins, didn't automatically means he has a pipeline, or some such.
Why is a reporter obligated to say what the club wanted? Mike Willner and David Alter work for the club, not DD.

CarlWinslow

@hiphopsicles
Jan 25, 2010
Winnipeg
Edwards is the worst. He will blatantly lie to the viewers about the game, calling out teams for diving when they aren't; excusing the Bruins for dives or blatant penalties, etc.

seasontixholder*

Ding Ding Ding. We have a winner. Jack Edwards 99. Everyone else 1. Wow! He's a ******.

detredWINgs

Jan 1, 2004
Michigan
Visit site
Who, Micky? Granted he has some of the goofiest hockey lingo around, but he's hardly a whiner. Only thing he ever complains about is soft calls, and he complains about it both ways.

The alleged "whining" from Mickey Redmond is a classic example of people hearing what they want to. You could make a 30 minute YouTube compilation of Redmond saying "The Wings got away with one there" or "a pretty weak call but the Wings will take it!"

The dude just calls out weak penalties. IMO, it's a refreshing change from either only complaining about calls against your team or trying to justify every penalty called like the national broadcasters do.

Stats01

Jul 12, 2009
Toronto
I'm not sure how any Canadian teams can be mentioned in this thread..each team especially Leafs and Habs are on different stations on any given night. Whether it's between TSN, SN, CBC etc..there are really no real homer broadcasters. Joe Bowen can be a homer I guess but besides him, usually the team is on a national broadcast with guys like Jim Hughson calling the games...And let's just say Jim Hughes is far from being a Leaf fan or Leaf supporter.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2
    Staked: $25.00