Who's the most homer TV announcers?

BoltSTH

Sep 4, 2008
Tampa
Last game for Bobby "The Chief" Taylor last night, after 21 season of color commentary on the Bolts, and thousands of hangovers from the drinking games he inspired.

The Nightman

Plateaued User
Aug 13, 2006
It's probably been said a million times but, the Roots Penguins commentators are the absolute worst. This is coming from a habs fan that has listened to Jack Edwards quite a few times.

LaCarriere

Jack Edwards in Boston is probably the worst for me.

That call by the Avs announcers on Foligno's OT gets mentioned/posted a lot, but I don't really see an announcer making a deadpan call as being a "homer".

Edwards whining about every missed call, puck in the mesh, ripping on Cooke for no reason, etc is just annoying. It's better to watch the game muted.

Sigh

At half mast
Sponsor
Sep 28, 2007
www.galenwestonjr.ca
Jack Edwards in Boston is probably the worst for me.

That call by the Avs announcers on Foligno's OT gets mentioned/posted a lot, but I don't really see an announcer making a deadpan call as being a "homer".

Edwards whining about every missed call, puck in the mesh, ripping on Cooke for no reason, etc is just annoying. It's better to watch the game muted.

Of all the **** you could fault him for, you list that? :laugh:

PromNite

Know Your Enemy
Apr 30, 2007
Tampa, FL
Last game for Bobby "The Chief" Taylor last night, after 21 season of color commentary on the Bolts, and thousands of hangovers from the drinking games he inspired.

No way! Are you sure? I thought the goodbyes were just because he's not doing any more games this year since regional broadcasts are finished. Peckham will still have a few games... I thought.

Anyways, you sure about that?

Ozz

Oct 25, 2009
Hockeytown
I used to watch all the Bruins games when I lived in the area, and despite not really bothering me Edwards is just a complete goof:

ThunderAlleyNomad

Aug 24, 2009
No way! Are you sure? I thought the goodbyes were just because he's not doing any more games this year since regional broadcasts are finished. Peckham will still have a few games... I thought.

Anyways, you sure about that?

Oh yeah, he's done in the booth. He'll be doing in studio analysis next year, but no more color work.

He was a horrible homer. The refs never made a correct call and it killed him to ever admit to a goalie making a mistake.

I'm gonna miss the hell out of him. He was OUR homer and we loved him.

DyerMaker66*

I used to watch all the Bruins games when I lived in the area, and despite not really bothering me Edwards is just a complete goof:

I've never seen that before. That's disgusting.

Billy Mays Here*

Every time I visit an opposing team's GDT, the fans that happens to be listening to the Wild stream always says how homer and awful our announcers are. I agree with them every time. Lapanta and Greenlay are absolutely horrible, I hate them with a passion, as does the vast majority of the Wild fan base.

Mrb1p

PRICERSTOPDAPUCK
Dec 10, 2011
Citizen of the world
That Pierre Houle guy from RDS is just an awful habs home

ET LE BUUUUUT :shakehead

Actually, Houde* is a huge fan of the NHL as a whole. He totally dreams about the Blackhawks, the Kings, the Ducks and any other team that is somewhat dominant. (Washington, Pittsburgh, Detroit, Vancouver, in the past.)

If you want Habs homer in the french media, I can make a list of people that will probably crash HF, he' not on it.

BlueOil

"well-informed"
Apr 28, 2010
Jack Edwards and Eddie Olczyk.

Nothing but cringe worthy material every time they have a mic on.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad