Who's the most homer TV announcers?

seasontixholder*

Watching the Calgary/Vancouver series I have to say the Vancouver homer announcers are downright awful. I watched the Chicago announcers in the past and they were very fair. I don't know if Beyak is biased in Winnipeg being a fan of the Jets but I sure would love to know what other fans think?

Last edited by a moderator:

ZeroPT*

Boston and Florida have the biggest homer announcers Ive ever heard, just brutal.
Colorado's guys are ****ing hilarious. They actually go into depression whenever the avs lose.

Someone post that OT goal by Foligno

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Denis Potvin probably takes this. Florida now, Ottawa before. Hard to take.

Oh, and my own home announcer, Bobby "The Chief" Taylor is ridiculously bias. Luckily, he can barely string two sentences together so it makes it more funny than anything else. And he's retiring.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
The Pittsburgh guy, Steigy.

With him, the Pens can do no wrong. There will always be something to blame for the poor performances of the team (like at the end of the season). Hearing his depressed voice after a breakaway goal by Ovechkin this year gave me more pleasure than the goal itself.

HM to the insufferable Jack Edwards.

Plub

Part time Leaf fan
Jan 9, 2011
Arizona
Sportsnet's bias against the Ducks in the WPG series was brutal. Down right unprofessional.

RedHot

Fire Dave Cameron (Fired)**
Aug 6, 2014
Calgary
Based on highlights I've seen, the Philly guy doesn't even try to hide his disappointment when the other team scores.

Salsa Shark

Sep 1, 2009
Jersey
Boston, Pittsburgh, as noted but Butch Goring of the NYI team is a little tough to take at times due to his homerism.

I'm a Ranger fan and our TV guys are fairly objective but on the radio side D Maloney almost seems like he gets mad and actually upset when the Rangers play poorly. Dudes a real straight shooter.

NHLFAN82

Jul 15, 2014
Boston - Jack Edwards is the biggest homers.

I watched a couple Kings games this year and would say they were the most objective crew that I have listened to in a while.

Volodya Krutov

Lost Cosmonaut
Jan 18, 2012
The Pittsburgh guy, Steigy.

With him, the Pens can do no wrong. There will always be something to blame for the poor performances of the team (like at the end of the season). Hearing his depressed voice after a breakaway goal by Ovechkin this year gave me more pleasure than the goal itself.

HM to the insufferable Jack Edwards.

The worst, no one comes close to him.

I actually like Jack Edwards, somehow.

Vesa Awesaka

#KeepTheSenate
Jul 4, 2013
Boston and Florida have the biggest homer announcers Ive ever heard, just brutal.

Florida's color guy is ottawa's old color guy. Doubt hes bias. Potvin was awesome and called out players every once and awhile

Jack Edwards and the guys in Pitt imo

DFC

Sep 26, 2013
NB
Florida's color guy is ottawa's old color guy. Doubt hes bias. Potvin was awesome and called out players every once and awhile

Jack Edwards and the guys in Pitt imo

Potvin was an incredible homer in Ottawa. He wasn't unprofessional, like I think Jack Edwards could be accused of, but he was very, very biased. And he's brought that same spirit to Florida.

FoppaForsberg*

Boston, Pittsburgh, but especially St.Louis, more so Darren Pang. He's beyond unbearable.

Watching the Flames/Canucks series they've been pretty bad too. Such Canuck homers for what's supposed to be a national, neutral broadcast.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad