Who would win a 7 game playoff series, Toronto or Boston?

Who would win a 7 game playoff series?

• Toronto would win the series

Votes: 267 33.5%
  • Boston would win the series

Votes: 531 66.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Nizdizzle

Offseason Is The Worst Season
Jul 7, 2007
Windsor, Ontario
twitter.com
Pretty even teams right now. Boston has toughness and experience. Toronto has skill and speed. IMO, it comes down to whichever team gets hot going into the playoffs. Leafs were killing it earlier in the season, Boston is killing it right now, still a lot of time left until playoffs. Lots can happen with injuries and the trade deadline.

This is the year that the Leafs no longer can go to the excuse of being the underdog in 1st round, in my opinion. Washington two years ago was a clearly better team (23pt gap), Boston last year was a stronger and more experienced team (7pt gap). This year, assuming its Boston/Toronto again, it'll likely be neck and neck - with Toronto's youngsters having two playoff series under their belt. No excuse for them not to be ready this year, or that they didn't know what to expect.

Either way, should expect a close and exctiing series with a lot of mods taking stress leave during the GDTs.

Reactions: wintersej

libertarian

Jul 27, 2017
Middle Earth
Until the Leaf's young core can prove they can win in the PO's I picked the Bruins. That said this could be the year they do it.

The funny thing is I think the Leafs match up against the bolts better then any other team in the league so if they can win over Boston they probably give the Bolts their toughest opposition in the PO's.

Mar 26, 2010
I like Toronto's scoring depth to make the difference here. TOR in 6.
The Leafs have not been able to score much as of late. Pretty bad actually.

I don’t expect anything from them in the playoffs (if they even make it). If they do squeak in, they most likely get swept in the 1st round.

KevinRedkey

12/18/23 and beyond!
Jan 22, 2010
I bet against Toronto the last times, but would bet for them this time.
Voted Toronto

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
As usual, it's a toss up. The biggest question mark for the Bruins is how healthy they will be then. For once, I would like to have Carlo in the playoffs, for example. If reasonably healthy, I am relatively optimistic about our chances. Though Toronto has a very good team. Tough to forecast...

Walter Sobchak

Dec 30, 2015
I am not sure how anyone could vote Toronto here..... Boston has the track record and their top players are playoff tested and playoff accomplished. It's not to say that Toronto can't win, but until this current Leafs squad actually wins a series smart money is on the B's.

Menzinger

Kessel4LadyByng
Apr 24, 2014
St. Paul, MN
I am not sure how anyone could vote Toronto here..... Boston has the track record and their top players are playoff tested and playoff accomplished. It's not to say that Toronto can't win, but until this current Leafs squad actually wins a series smart money is on the B's.

Well, it shouldn’t be that hard to figure out. The Leafs have the better team on paper wth the younger core.

Imo, if the two teams didn’t have so much recent history with one another the voting would be more lopsided the other way.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Well, it shouldn’t be that hard to figure out. The Leafs have the better team on paper wth the younger core.

Imo, if the two teams didn’t have so much recent history with one another the voting would be more lopsided the other way.

Better team on paper despite being lower in the standings while the Bruins dealt with significant injuries to their #1C/#1D/#2D/#1RW as well basically every single player on their team?

Weird.

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Better team on paper despite being lower in the standings while the Bruins dealt with significant injuries to their #1C/#1D/#2D/#1RW as well basically every single player on their team?

Weird.

They needed a 7 game winning streak to pass us in the standings and it just happened this week lol

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Some people might think "hmmm went to 7 last time and Leafs add Taveres, Muzzin all while their young players are a year more experienced."

So in short common sense suggests it's possible.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Way to demonstrate that you don't know what "on paper" means.

“On paper” according to you.

The Bruins have a better D, better first line and better goaltending IMO. They’ve shown to be the better team so far this season.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad