Who would win a 7 game playoff series, Toronto or Boston?

Who would win a 7 game playoff series?

• Toronto would win the series

Votes: 267 33.5%
  • Boston would win the series

Votes: 531 66.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
They needed a 7 game winning streak to pass us in the standings and it just happened this week lol

So the Leafs winning streaks count but the Bruins don’t? I guess you missed the part that the Bruins have played a substantial part of the season with essentially an AHL level team and are still above the Leafs in the standings? Just a coincidence they started winning when healthy im guessing?

Reactions: Neely2005

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
So the Leafs winning streaks count but the Bruins don’t? I guess you missed the part that the Bruins have played a substantial part of the season with essentially an AHL level team and are still above the Leafs in the standings? Just a coincidence they started winning when healthy im guessing?

Lmao are you seriously stating the Bruins played with an AHL level team all year and are what 2nd or 3rd in the NHL in points? Give your head a shake. They’ve had injuries but not to the level your promoting lol

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Lmao are you seriously stating the Bruins played with an AHL level team all year and are what 2nd or 3rd in the NHL in points? Give your head a shake. They’ve had injuries but not to the level your promoting lol

Would you like to quote where I said all year? Its a fact they played a large portion of the season missing their #1C, #1,2,4,5,6,7,8D and #1G and now #1RW.

Morbo

The Annihilator
Jan 14, 2003
Toronto
As usual, it's a toss up. The biggest question mark for the Bruins is how healthy they will be then. For once, I would like to have Carlo in the playoffs, for example. If reasonably healthy, I am relatively optimistic about our chances. Though Toronto has a very good team. Tough to forecast...

I think this is fair.

I also think the deadline plays a part here. Can the Bruins add another impact scorer to counter the Leafs depth a bit more? Can the Leafs get Zaitsev out of the top 4 to close the gap a bit defensively? Both big questions that could affect a matchup significantly.

Reactions: BruinLVGA

Hunter368

RIP lomiller1, see you in the next life buddy.
Nov 8, 2011
L
Would you like to quote where I said all year? Its a fact they played a large portion of the season missing their #1C, #1,2,4,5,6,7,8D and #1G and now #1RW.

List the games missed by each team and player. Simple

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto

They’ve had huge strokes of luck at times...Halak for one was seen as below average starter is putting up great numbers. Couple that with Krejci having a bounce back year and the dominance of the first line and PP and they’ve done well.

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
They’ve had huge strokes of luck at times...Halak for one was seen as below average starter is putting up great numbers. Couple that with Krejci having a bounce back year and the dominance of the first line and PP and they’ve done well.

How exactly is Halak and Krejci playing well "Lucky"?

nbwingsfan

Dec 13, 2009
Fortunate....lucky whatever you want to call it. He was below average with the Isles and Krejci had been trending downwards.

Ah so players having a good year is now "lucky", gotcha.

Leafs must be fortunate that Marner exploded, Kapanen has done well, Reilly took a huge step forward, Anderson has played like a Vezina goalie most of the season, and they've stayed very healthy compared to most teams, right?

The List Of Jericho

Judas effect
Mar 1, 2002
Toronto
Ah so players having a good year is now "lucky", gotcha.

Leafs must be fortunate that Marner exploded, Kapanen has done well, Reilly took a huge step forward, Anderson has played like a Vezina goalie most of the season, and they've stayed very healthy compared to most teams, right?

Which of those players you mentioned had been trending downward exactly?

BruinLVGA

CZ Shadow 2 Compact coming my way!
Dec 15, 2013
Switzerland
I think this is fair.

I also think the deadline plays a part here. Can the Bruins add another impact scorer to counter the Leafs depth a bit more? Can the Leafs get Zaitsev out of the top 4 to close the gap a bit defensively? Both big questions that could affect a matchup significantly.
Most definitely. Things could change a lot depending on the action from now till the trade deadline.
As a start, I am happy with getting Coyle, but I hope we get someone like Stone.

bigbabybuda

Feb 19, 2014
Canada
As of right now I think the leafs are the bettet team. Almost beat them last year and have added Tavares, Muzzin, plus all their kids have had a year to mature. They seem clearly better to me in fact. If Boston adds a Stone or another top 6 guy though it's close.

kujo31

Aug 18, 2007
The Leafs are probably more talented especially up front, but Boston plays a style that gives the Leafs fits

Anyone saying this or that for sure is wrong this is 50/50 could go any direction

BostonBruins11

Dec 4, 2010
Moncton, N.B.
The Leafs are probably more talented especially up front, but Boston plays a style that gives the Leafs fits

Anyone saying this or that for sure is wrong this is 50/50 could go any direction

Bruins are much more Talented on D and have a great Backup G.

Theres more to hockey than just scoring Goals......

The Bruins ALSO have a lot of you improved / matured players in (Carlo, Debrusk, McAvoy, Grzelcyk,)

Krejci is having an amazing rebound season and they added another 2way centerman (Coyle) which solidified the 3rd line.

The Bruins secondary scoring has heated up over the last month and are no longer a "One line team"

The Leafs roster just isnt balanced enough to do any real damage in the playoffs. Weak depth on D, not enough "good" grinders, lacking 2-way game, weak Backup goalie.

GoBuds14

Dec 15, 2015
3-1-0, 2.50 GA/gm this season
As a leaf fan it's embarrassing that fans say no team can stop them. Boston is the favorite in my opinion until Toronto proves otherwise. Hopefully they meet again this year and hopefully its another 7 game series

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad