Who would win a 7 game playoff series, Toronto or Boston?

Who would win a 7 game playoff series?

• Toronto would win the series

Votes: 267 33.5%
  • Boston would win the series

Votes: 531 66.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

HarryLime

Jun 27, 2014
Halifax
Would be 7 just like the last 2 imo. Toronto's defense scares me but I'll be a homer and say Leafs win

TomasHertlsRooster

Don’t say eye test when you mean points
May 14, 2012
Fremont, CA
I don’t think last year’s playoff series or 2013’s playoff series means all that much for how Toronto would fare against Boston.

The only players from the 2013 roster still playing for Toronto are Kadri and Gardiner. That should tell you pretty quickly why that series is totally irrelevant to what would happen between them today.

The 2018 playoff series is obviously far more relevant but I don’t think it means that Boston “has their number”. Boston was a very strong team that finished 4th in the NHL with 112 points and 2nd with 47 ROWs, while Toronto finished 6th with 105 points and 9th with 42 ROWs. The reality is that last season, Boston was just a little bit better, in what was a weird series where Matthews was injured and Kadri got suspended. And it still ended up being a 7 game series where Toronto held a lead going into the 3rd period.

This season, Toronto is 2nd in points percentage and 2nd in ROW, while Boston is 9th in points percentage and 8th in ROW. I think Toronto is the better team so I voted them.

WetcoastOrca

Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I’d almost throw out the seasons standings on this one as Boston is a different team with a healthy Bergeron and McAvoy in the lineup.
I think it would be close. Offensive depth goes to the Leafs but that top Boston line is scary and can score while neutralizing one of the Leafs top lines.
I like the Leafs goaltending and the Bruins D.
In the end the Bruins physical and defensive play could be the factor that tips it in their favour.
Probably another 7 game series.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016
I don’t think last year’s playoff series or 2013’s playoff series means all that much for how Toronto would fare against Boston.

The only players from the 2013 roster still playing for Toronto are Kadri and Gardiner. That should tell you pretty quickly why that series is totally irrelevant to what would happen between them today.

The 2018 playoff series is obviously far more relevant but I don’t think it means that Boston “has their number”. Boston was a very strong team that finished 4th in the NHL with 112 points and 2nd with 47 ROWs, while Toronto finished 6th with 105 points and 9th with 42 ROWs. The reality is that last season, Boston was just a little bit better, in what was a weird series where Matthews was injured and Kadri got suspended. And it still ended up being a 7 game series where Toronto held a lead going into the 3rd period.

This season, Toronto is 2nd in points percentage and 2nd in ROW, while Boston is 9th in points percentage and 8th in ROW. I think Toronto is the better team so I voted them.

Last year is more relevant than 2013 for sure

And what happened last year is what could happen again

Boston can score too, But play better defense

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Last year is more relevant than 2013 for sure

And what happened last year is what could happen again

Boston can score too, But play better defense
Or the opposite could happen and we sweep them.

This time around we'll be a tougher match up and as pointed out last year we lost Kadri and Matthews played hurt and it still went 7. Even if they smother Matthews again (which I doubt) what will they do about Tavares and Kadri? I love Bergeron but he cant play 40 minutes a night.

Do we think a year made Chara faster or better? Probably not.

Of course anything can happen but I like our chances.

Peggy

Aug 6, 2016

This time around we'll be a tougher match up and as pointed out last year we lost Kadri and Matthews played hurt and it still went 7. Even if they smother Matthews again (which I doubt) what will they do about Tavares and Kadri? I love Bergeron but he cant play 40 minutes a night.

Or Boston sweeps leafs

See how easy that is to do?

Boston has better defense and in playoffs teams tighten up more

Leafs nake for a great regular season team tho
We'll see what happens in the playoffs

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Or Boston sweeps leafs

See how easy that is to do?

Boston has better defense and in playoffs teams tighten up more

Leafs nake for a great regular season team tho
We'll see what happens in the playoffs
Yeah I know how easy it is because I just did it to you :P

This season I think you will find we are beating them in most defensive metrics.

flamesforcup

Sep 5, 2017

Lmao lose 2 straight series to a team than the very next year say ur gonna sweep them. Never change Leafs fans.

Bando

Jun 24, 2016
Boston, the team is as much in the leafs heads as they are in the fans heads. Next year may be different but this year boston is just so much more experienced and built for hard playoff hockey (toughness).

Reactions: bluetib

Takasugi

Dec 7, 2018
Boston literally won one game 7 series against these leafs.... I dont see how the 2013 kessel and phaneuf leafs are relevant....

Leafs are more likely to sweep boston than lose to them.

Kunta Kinte

Nov 10, 2011
Boston literally won one game 7 series against these leafs.... I dont see how the 2013 kessel and phaneuf leafs are relevant....

Leafs are more likely to sweep boston than lose to them.

Ehhh yeah you are dreaming. You dont sweep a healthy boston team. Bergeron is a better hockey player than any of the Leafs player. In playoffs, total package complete player are worth so much.

I still think Boston wins vs the Leafs if they meet.

Snowman

Oct 12, 2007
Texas
Most of the Leafs stars don't show up in the playoffs, plus they don't have the depth or defense that you need for the playoffs. Boston would win.

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Most of the Leafs stars don't show up in the playoffs, plus they don't have the depth or defense that you need for the playoffs. Boston would win.
Lots of fiction in that statement. People love to forget Auston's first playoffs and pretend the 2nd, which he played injured, sums up his career. typical disingenuous HF bullshit. Marner's playoff stats last year were solid. Tavares checks in at just under a point a game in the playoffs. Morgan Rielly 5 points in 6 games and 5 points in 7...just awful right?

So, you either do not know what you are talking about, or you are deliberately misrepresenting things. You pretty much could not have been more wrong.

Epic fail.

Plural

Mar 10, 2011
At this point, I think Toronto would win. Would be an awesome series to watch.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad

-->