Who would win a 7 game playoff series, Toronto or Boston?

Who would win a 7 game playoff series?

• Toronto would win the series

Votes: 267 33.5%
  • Boston would win the series

Votes: 531 66.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

justafan22

Jun 22, 2014
Toss up.

Leafs have the slightly better forward group, Boston has better defense.

Home ice, and whichever of Rask/Andersen shows up.

Cleatus

Nov 21, 2008
Calgary, AB, CAN
Leafs have lost to Arizona twice in the last 30 days. 2 of those losses are equivalent to 8 straight losses against Boston. Therefore, the Leafs would be swept twice this time around.

Mar 26, 2010
Toronto has more talent BUT Boston is built for the playoffs. Id go Boston.
For sure. I am a Leaf fan but I expect a 1st round exit again. I don’t think the Leafs are capable of beating any team in a playoff series. Hopefully this year is different.

authentic

Jan 28, 2015
They went to game 7 without Tavares and Muzzin. I would say it will be in Toronto's favour this time around despite them apparently not being built for the playoffs. You can't expect a team who's best players are in their first and second seasons to make noise in the playoffs, this season they get over their first round hump and in the next few they compete for the Cup.

Connor McConnor

Nov 22, 2017
If Pastrnak is back and healthy I like Boston here.. His absence has actually been almost a blessing in disguise to maybe get guys like DeBrusk and Heinen going because they need more secondary scoring in the playoffs. Might need a roster addition as well but like other people have said, this has to be Boston until proven otherwise.

Byron Bitz

Apr 6, 2010
I don’t think Boston’s offensive depth is as much of an issue as people are making it out to be. Jake Debrusk gave Toronto a lot of problems in last years series.

93gilmour93

Feb 27, 2010
It would be another 7 game series I think. Depends how the rosters look after the the trade deadline. Boston's roster pretty much looks the same as last season where the Leafs have added Tavares and Muzzin which makes a big difference

La Masse

May 5, 2016
Gatineau,Quebec
Until Toronto proves otherwise this should the Bruins in 6 or 7 IMO. The Bruins are just built for the playoffs while the Leafs are way too soft. I think the Leafs need to have home ice to win the series IMO.As of right now the Bruins would have it and thats not good.(Although the Leafs have two games in hand)

Reactions: Neely2005

mattydamon

May 2, 2011
Victoria, BC
i FN hate Boston (2011) and would like nothing more than to see ratboy out in the first round, however sadly I think they would win this if mostly healthy.

Pay Carl

punished “venom” krejci
Jun 23, 2011
Vermont
If Pastrnak is back and healthy I like Boston here.. His absence has actually been almost a blessing in disguise to maybe get guys like DeBrusk and Heinen going because they need more secondary scoring in the playoffs. Might need a roster addition as well but like other people have said, this has to be Boston until proven otherwise.

I am amazed an Oilers fan would have such wise insight

I am being 100% serious, I am amazed that you keep up with the Bruins enough to know how this stuff

Reactions: Neely2005

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad