Who would win a 7 game playoff series, Toronto or Boston?

Who would win a 7 game playoff series?

• Toronto would win the series

Votes: 267 33.5%
  • Boston would win the series

Votes: 531 66.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Albus Dumbledore

Master of Death
Mar 28, 2015
Well yes, I see you're trying to make excuses for Mathews' poor play in the playoffs. However, he said himself, the prior injury wasn't a problem, so he wasn't playing injured. So, the point on the injury excuse is dead.
Players generally wouldn't make excuses. His play was obvious not at his best. Fans could see so could the coach.

Matthews was bad no getting around that. He still led the series in scoring chances just couldn't convert. His shoulder never recovered from November.

Michel Beauchamp

Canadiens' fan since 1958
Mar 17, 2008
Laval, Qc
Players generally wouldn't make excuses. (1) His play was obvious not at his best. Fans could see so could the coach.

Matthews was bad no getting around that.
He still led the series in scoring chances just couldn't convert. (2) His shoulder never recovered from November.
Kind of presidential logic here.

In the real world, (1) is not proof of (2)...

thadd

Oil4Life
Jun 9, 2007
Canada
Assuming neither team is missing either of their top 5 players or starting goalie when the series starts, I'll say Boston in 5 or 6 games regardless of who has home ice. Boston has some kids that showed up nicely in the playoffs last time around and I have a feeling they'll only look better this time.

As for Toronto, would be nice to see Marleau to pump those stats up so that people would stop insinuating that he won't be playing for the Leafs next year because regardless of how well or poorly the Leafs fare, I'm confident that Marleau retires a Leaf and if resigns after next season I expect him to resign at a much cheaper price.

82Ninety42011

Jul 2, 2011
Abbotsford BC
Unless something drastic causes a flick of the switch with the Leafs this is over before it begins. As of right now Bruins in 5 max and maybe 4 Leafs are not looking like a team made for playoffs.

wintersej

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2011
North Andover, MA
What’s the news on Gardiner and Dermott?

DeBrusk and Pasta back the last two games for Boston and Mojo, Krug and Gryz and all skating. So knock on wood with all that.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad