Who wins the Rocket Richard in 2021?

Who wins the Rocket Richard in 2021?

• Total voters

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
I don't think he'll win the rocket but if Toffoli or Anderson get to play with Suzuki i could see either of them scoring 40 or more
Interesting take given Toffoli and Anderson’s prior goal scoring numbers. I mean Anderson going from one goal to 40 goals is a bold prediction indeed!

Ah what the hell it’s the off season where anything is possible. I suspect though you’re in for a bit of a let down. :laugh:

Last edited:

TopChedder

Oct 2, 2013
I voted Matty as my biased pick lol and also because he could very well win.

But it's hard to really bet against Ovie in a shortened season. I would say he wins it.

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
I'm sure you have fond memories of Suzuki and Koko from the playoffs

We finally have some elite centres and Bergevin has created some of the best wing depth in the league

You mean the series where Price stood on his head? Yes, Price standing on his head is an indication that you've got "elite centres" and they're going to boost two guys to becoming 40 goal scorers for the first time in their careers.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
You mean the series where Price stood on his head? Yes, Price standing on his head is an indication that you've got "elite centres" and they're going to boost two guys to becoming 40 goal scorers for the first time in their careers.

Habs wont even get a 30 goal scorer, but to say that pitts lost only because of Price is funny at best...

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

WetcoastOrca

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Jun 3, 2011
Vancouver, BC
Habs wont even get a 30 goal scorer, but to say that pitts lost only because of Price is funny at best...
I wouldn’t be surprised if they they do have a player on pace to score 30 goals tbh (based on pace for 82 games). Their strength though will be that they can roll 4 strong lines. Depth coming out of their ears and some young guys who look ready to take another step.

Reactions: dukeofjive

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

Before the qualifying series in both conferences had started, wasn't there some teams against them happening because they thought a team like Montreal with Carey Price would be the main reason why they won a 5 game series and it's exactly what happened.

dukeofjive

Jul 7, 2013
whistler b.c
Before the qualifying series in both conferences had started, wasn't there some teams against them happening because they thought a team like Montreal with Carey Price would be the main reason why they won a 5 game series and it's exactly what happened.

Not too sure if i am following you there, but mtl beat pittsburgh because most of the team showed up, which is a rare thing with how bad that team was built, prie was good, but he was not Price Jesus that series, thats what i was trying to say.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
mtl beat pittsburgh because most of the team showed up
Montreal beat Pittsburgh because of Price. Though it is quite ironic that Sid is the one saying this, considering his unwillingness to acknowledge goaltending impacts or context when it's not his team.

The Podium

Feb 19, 2010
Toronto
I don't think he'll win the rocket but if Toffoli or Anderson get to play with Suzuki i could see either of them scoring 40 or more

Anderson scored 1 goal last season :laugh:

Even if we ignore that, he only had 1 season with more than 20 goals (albeit was on pace for 20+ twice). Now all of a sudden hell be a 40 goal scored because of Suzuki :laugh:

Sidney the Kidney

One last time
Jun 29, 2009
Montreal beat Pittsburgh because of Price. Though it is quite ironic that Sid is the one saying this, considering his unwillingness to acknowledge goaltending impacts or context when it's not his team.

When have I said goalie performance has no impact on a series? In fact, this strengthens my point because I'm not blaming Murray for Pittsburgh losing just because he got outplayed by Price. Which is a concept you don't seem to get with regards to Andersen and how it's always his fault just because the other guy played better.

Dekes For Days

Sep 24, 2018
When have I said goalie performance has no impact on a series?
You seem to like downplaying the impacts for other teams, but no issue pointing to it for your own team.
Which is a concept you don't seem to get with regards to Andersen and how it's always his fault just because the other guy played better.
I've never said that it's always Andersen's fault. In fact, I've repeatedly said that, similar to Pittsburgh, the main reason for the Leaf's loss this past season was the opponent's goaltending.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Toffoli/Anderson combined 40?

If they do it you have to change your name to KotkaCaufieldFan.
It's sleazy to try to change it when you didn't say combined in your post.

"if Toffoli or Anderson get to play with Suzuki i could see either of them scoring 40 or more"

Not combined. Individually. If one of them scores 40 I will GLADLY change my username to "KotkaCaufieldFan"

Lets say the loser keeps the name change for the off-season (after this season) this summer?

Deal?

Reactions: WetcoastOrca

SlafCaufield

formely KotkaCaufield
Jul 13, 2020
Pointe-Claire
It's sleazy to try to change it when you didn't say combined in your post.

"if Toffoli or Anderson get to play with Suzuki i could see either of them scoring 40 or more"

Not combined. Individually. If one of them scores 40 I will GLADLY change my username to "KotkaCaufieldFan"

Lets say the loser keeps the name change for the off-season (after this season) this summer?

Deal?
Lol now you're trying to change the bet I see

Classic

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
Lol now you're trying to change the bet I see

Classic
You hypocrite. In what world am I trying to change it?

You said either of them could score 40 on Suzuki's wing. Now YOU are trying to change it to Toffoli and Anderson combined. You said either of them could score 40, thats individually.

Do you have no shame? Especially when its extremely easy for me to scroll back and quote word for word what you said?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad