Who wins the Rocket Richard in 2021?

Who wins the Rocket Richard in 2021?

• Total voters

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
OV has won 7 of the last 8 so there is no reason to choose anyone else.

So I struggled between OV and Matthews, ended up picking Matthews. Maybe I should have learned not to expect decline from OV over the last few years but I have to think eventually he just won't be able to keep it up.

So yeah, I picked Matthews, but wouldn't at all be surprised if OV won it again. There are other good choices as well, but Matthews and OV are the most pure shooters of the bunch.

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovi until proven otherwise. I think he would've taken sole possession of the Rocket if the season wasn't cut short, he was the hottest player in the league at that point.

Reactions: Kaner9

danpantz

Mar 31, 2013
Matthews or Ovi. Went Matthews for the Poll.

Sucks that Pasta is going to miss time and we won't get the race we had last season.

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
Ovi until proven otherwise. I think he would've taken sole possession of the Rocket if the season wasn't cut short, he was the hottest player in the league at that point.

Eh, he had a crazy hot streak from game 47 to game 53 where he had 14 goals in 7 games, but then had a 5 game goalless streak and in all had 8 goals in the 15 games after the streak. I'm not sure if he was trending any better than Pasta or Matthews.

Incognito

Oct 18, 2008
Toronto, Ontario
I would not be surprised at all if Ovechkin won it again. However, I think Pastrnak and Matthews were slightly more efficient at goal scoring than he was last year. He still found a way to get the job, but there's some younger players that can keep pace with him now. It'll be an interesting race. The shorter season may increase Ovechkin's chances too.

Syckle78

Nov 5, 2011
Redford, MI
Gotta go with Ovie until proven otherwise. AM is my pick for the next player not named Ovie to win a Richard this year or next.

The Moose is Loose

Jun 28, 2017
St.Louis
McDavid should be on here, I'm not saying he will win but its convincible that he could. Over the past 3 years only Ovi, Draisaitl, Pastrnak, and Matthews have more goals and with Pasta out of the race I think that moves McDavid into one of the favorites category.

Definitely more so than Aho, Eichel, Mackinnon

I want to say one of Matthews/Draisaitl win it but everytime I bet against Ovi I'm wrong so idk...

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Eh, he had a crazy hot streak from game 47 to game 53 where he had 14 goals in 7 games, but then had a 5 game goalless streak and in all had 8 goals in the 15 games after the streak. I'm not sure if he was trending any better than Pasta or Matthews.

The season ended in March, where Ovechkin scored 5 goals in 5 games.

He was well on his way to lock up the Rocket as he always does.

Reactions: JasonRoseEh

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
The season ended in March, where Ovechkin scored 5 goals in 5 games.

He was well on his way to lock up the Rocket as he always does.
Ovechkin could have very well won it by himself if all 82 games were played and no one would be shocked if that happened.

However since he shared it with Pastrnak with them scoring 48 goals and Matthews was right behind with 47 goals, it was not guaranteed 100% Ovechkin would have won it last season.

Last edited:

McVespa99

May 13, 2007
A short season should favour a player that specializes in pace so I'm going with....... AM

Alexander the Gr8

May 2, 2013
Toronto
Ovechkin could have very well won it by himself if all 82 games were played and no one would be shocked if that happened.

However since he shared it with Pastrnak with them scoring 48 goals and Matthews was right behind with 47 games, it was not guaranteed 100% Ovechkin would have won it last season.

Not 100% guaranteed of course, but I'd say 60-70% sure based on his history (no injuries, finishes the season strong every year).

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad