Who wins the Rocket Richard in 2021?

Who wins the Rocket Richard in 2021?

• Total voters

BlueBaron

May 29, 2006
Sarnia, On
Even the post that you replied to suggests that I would not accept the bet, as I clearly state " Matthews is a guy who should, because of his age and talent, win a Rocket one day."

Now read the title of the thread. "Who wins the Rocket Richard in 2021?" How much would you like to bet that it's Matthews that wins it this year? When I state that it won't be a Hab or a Leaf that wins it (which is how all this started), I'm dead serious. I'll bet on someone from one of the other 29 teams winning the Rocket.

Even against both Matthews and Ovechkin, I'd much prefer to take the field. Ovechkin during his prime had 30+ goal seasons. And Matthews will never hold a candle to Ovechkin as a goal scorer.
Picking jut one person is bad odds but I'll do an avatar swap bet if you give me Matthews and Ovi.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
EqVwoNiWMAIVeiP
Why did you quote me with the same graphic you posted in the OP?

Fatass

Apr 17, 2017
How come we don’t get McDavid on the list? I think he gets 50, even in this shortened season.

LeafsNation75

Jan 15, 2010
Toronto, Ontario
Thanks. You've done absolutely nothing to answer my question. You've wasted both our time.
What's your problem? I included Aho in the poll because his name was listed in the graphic. I know chances are he won't score the most goals this season, however I wanted to be consistent and include all the players who were mentioned.

CanadienShark

Dec 18, 2012
What's your problem? I included Aho in the poll because his name was listed in the graphic. I know chances are he won't score the most goals this season, however I wanted to be consistent and include all the players who were mentioned.
My problem isn't with you. It's just bizarre for Aho to have been there in the first place. It's the graphic I'm knocking, not you.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
I think there’s actually a reasonable chance that none of the players listed in this poll finish top 3. I think McDavid, Pastrnak, and Zibanejad have as good a chance as most.

I’ll go...

McDavid - 38
Matthews - 35
Ovechkin - 35
Zibanejad - 33
MacKinnon - 33
Pastrnak - 33
Draisaitl - 33

Regal

Mar 12, 2010
Vancouver
I think there’s actually a reasonable chance that none of the players listed in this poll finish top 3. I think McDavid, Pastrnak, and Zibanejad have as good a chance as most.

I’ll go...

McDavid - 38
Matthews - 35
Ovechkin - 35
Zibanejad - 33
MacKinnon - 33
Pastrnak - 33
Draisaitl - 33

The problem with Pasta is that he's going to miss a large chunk of the season. Original reports had him coming back in mid-February, which if he came back February 15th, that means missing the first 16 games. Cassidy has said he's a bit ahead of schedule though, so if he came back 10 days early on the 5th, that'd be 11 games missed. In the first 45 games last year he had 35 goals. So there's probably a better chance of him finishing high than some people are giving him, though it'd likely have to be a best case scenario, and he'd have to have no lingering effects from the surgery.

QJL

Jan 2, 2014
The problem with Pasta is that he's going to miss a large chunk of the season. Original reports had him coming back in mid-February, which if he came back February 15th, that means missing the first 16 games. Cassidy has said he's a bit ahead of schedule though, so if he came back 10 days early on the 5th, that'd be 11 games missed. In the first 45 games last year he had 35 goals. So there's probably a better chance of him finishing high than some people are giving him, though it'd likely have to be a best case scenario, and he'd have to have no lingering effects from the surgery.

I have a feeling Pastrnak is back in January based on Cassidy's recent comments.

We feel that he’s a little bit ahead of that.” - Cassidy

My projection for goal total is based on a late January return.

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
You can also say Matthews was unlucky finishing 1 goal behind Ovechkin and Pastrnak last season, along with the fact 82 games was not able to be played. So he could have either won the award himself or there might have been a three way tie or just sharing it with Ovechkin or Pastrnak. It's too bad will never know what would have happened.
You can also say that Pasternak and Ovechkin were unlucky to not win by more goals. Enough with this unlucky nonsense already

Dache

Feb 12, 2018
Dude he wasn’t debating why you did it. He was saying Aho is out of place in general.

JasonRoseEh

Oct 23, 2018
It's Ovechkin until it isn't, impossible to vote against him until he proves otherwise. His trophy to lose every year.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad